wednesday wishes: where have I been?
So, it's definitely been a while! Never fear, I didn't convert to an Amish way of life or have my computer stolen (I would probably cry hysterically and alert the presses if that happened). And I don't want to make excuse upon excuse for my absence, because if there's anything I have learned in the past three weeks, it's that sometimes it's just best to suck it up and truly apologize. I'm sorry for being away for so long - I've missed your blogs and blogging, too.
And a big THANK YOU, GRACIAS, MERCI BEAUCOUP to every person who signed up for Project Postcard - I've sent out all the pairings so if you haven't sent out your postcard yet, try to do that by the end of this week! For those who signed up a little later and weren't paired - never fear, I'll be doing this again towards the middle-end of August and I'll keep track of those who wanted to join in! Hopefully by that time everyone will have gotten their postcards and we can all do a show-and-tell, as well!
But for now, I'm going to keep it a little light and simple today with my Wednesday Wishes with a twist - things that I wish to happen or continue happening for the remainder of the summer - in no particular order, really :) And if you're tired of lists - just read #7 for some news!
01. More hang-outs with him / more visits to the beach
Both of these things make me a happy camper and this month at work has made me miss both these things terribly.
02. More yummy homemade food
Another lesson learned from working: sneaking away every day to get some fast food on top of the little sandwich you eat at work does not make for a healthy diet. I miss real, good food - like this homemade pizza The Boy made for an excursion to the beach :)
03. More amazing moments with friends
When we all come together, it's a bit of a miracle but always good, every time. In this picture we decided to head to a park with a beautiful view after seeing Inception - to take silly pictures and talk about the craziness that is Inception, haha.
04. Mmmm, ice cream.
'Nuff said. The one pictured is mango ice cream from an Indian restaurant. Please sir, I want some more.
05. Meeting up with people I haven't seen in a while :)
This past Sunday I headed to Toronto to meet up with two ladies I love and have known since I was around 13/14. It made me realize that I need more spontaneity - like how we went to the theatres to see Toy Story 3 (so nostalgic/good!) and then snuck into Despicable Me (so funny!) ... okay, maybe more legal spontaneity in the future ;)
06. See Herro Hachi launch
Oh wait, it just did! A big reason for my absence is that for the past week or so I would work from 7am-3pm and then jump into coding like a madwoman and passing e-mails frantically with an amazing woman who designs fashionably funny t-shirts - but the hard work has paid off :) I am so happy for this site and for Kym, so everyone please check it out!
07. Visit Vancouver
My dream this summer was to spend a month in Europe - and unfortunately that's not going to happen this year (hopefully next, fingers crossed)! But if I can't do that, I'd rather spend some time in the other half of this country to visit my sister - I haven't seen her since last October and I miss her to bits and pieces. So I wish I could travel to Vancouver.
Oh wait a minute, I AM! SURPRISE :D
I'm going to Vancouver, baby!
I just purchased my ticket - I'm leeeaving on a jet plane in a matter of weeks!
Incredibly excited, I am :)
After a long month of working and feeling like my summer is just flying by, my mission is to fly off to see my sister for a couple of weeks and then spend the rest of the summer making the most of it with those I love. No more afternoon naps - I will drink a gazillion coffees if it means more time doing things! Now my question is:
Do you have a 'mission' this summer?
P.S. My #08 on the list? Visiting your blogs more often so I can find out what you've been up to for the past month!










A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
18 comments:
I've missed youuu~
So glad you're back! And I'm happy you'll get to travel and see your sister soon! :)
Again, great job on Kym's herrohachi's site ;)
Inception blew me away! And Toy Story 3 made me cry :) The aliens from Pizza Planet are soooo cute!
Yayness!!! Nikolett is B to the A to the C to the K! xD *cheerleader kicks*
1. I do miss spending time with Le boy too! :| all these thesis making + final test makes me all go mad and stressed, and just when I thought I could have some free time to enjoy life I am told that I have to do all the editing and finished it this week, oh gosh. Anyway, I hope we both can soon enjoy happy time with our boys, mwahahah...
2. Things I want to do the most after I am freed from all the obligation is to try more recipeeee! I want to cook as many yum yum as I can (well if they'd turn out yum...) and THAT pizza of yours (well, The boy's) is looking soooo yuuummm... (now I wish Le boy knows how to cook something else other than instant noodles... lol)
3. As the graduation day come closer, me and my friends can't helo but feel that soon enough we'll be separated, choosing our own ways and that's why we have so many plans to do together! (it's somewhat annoying that we're ALL still busy with our thesis)
4. OMG! I've never tried mango ice cream and that one you're showing off here is... so... tempting... *drools*
5. Aww... reuniting! I love things like this! :D and I want to watch both Toy Story 3 and despicable me so badly! Naawwww... I don't have the time to have fun! I'll do myself some favor of happiness after aaaalll (like AAAALLLL) this thesis-related stuffs are finished.
6. Yay! I saw myself in someone else's website! Mwahahaha... xD even better, the site is of my friend and were made by you! I'm SO proud of you! Ahaha... the site is suuuppeeeerrrbbb (and that's not just because I know how painful coding is... lol)
7. Woo-hoo!!! Vancouver! Sister reunion! Oh I love this kind of stuff! Too bad you can't visit europe this year, maybe you should change destination to Asia instead? :P (I know krissy and Andhari and lots more will be more than happy to know this, mwahahaha...)
My mission is to go camping; simple as that! I usually go every year and this year went to a cottage instead, but I still want to sleep in a tent and have spider dogs :)
Hey sweetie. Welcome back. I swear I just commented on this blog post of yours but I don't know where it went. Boohoo. Anyway, I am excited for your trip. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures from your trip. OH and that pizza looks to die for! I'm drooling now. Yum
I guess my mission this summer is just to enjoy summer and savour every moment of it. Have I ben doing that? Not so much but I will try to for the month of August.
That sounds very exciting to go to Vancouver and visit your sister. I am sure she will enjoy the company. Spending time with siblings are always a good time and so memorable!
Sounds likea good list to me- def more beach/pool time is on my list! Also, finish The Help and read some more!
ohhhhhhh wow!!! I'm so glad you're getting your wish granted! :) Vancouver is going to be so exciting for you. Have tons of fun for me, too!
Here's hoping you have a wonderful trip.
P.S: You look too pretty in your pictures!
Yay, you're back ;) Can't wait until you come to visit :)
Welcome back :)
ohh Great smile you both =D love the pic!
OMG OMG OMG! you're coming! you're actually coming! WE HAVE TO MEET UP HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO! I'm not taking NO for an answer!!! EEEEK!!! I'm so excited! :D
My mission this summer? Is to not go crazy. hahaha! Well thats part of it... but if you're asking for a specific mission? I want to ... okay.. i dont know. Maybe i don't have a specific mission. I just want to work hard and have fun at the same time! :D AND MEET YOU! there you go.. that's my mission!
oh ps - has anybody ever told you that you and the boy look a like?! ;D
HOLLY YOU"RE MEETING UP WITH KYMCHI??!!!!! dang! i am beyond jealous. like to the infinity and beyond!!!
Woo... Kym's site looks awesome!
My mission is to not die camping in August. I'm taking my crayons for sure. ;)
PIZZA. Your posts always make me hungry?! Hahah.
Good to know you'll be reuniting with your sister soon. I know I don't have to remind you to take tons of pics, because I know you sure will! Have loads of fun; you deserve it! :)
and again, as I've said, like a million times, on Twitter: GOOD JOB WITH KYM's website! I still don't know how you do it. You're a beast when it comes to these HTML stuff. :)
I got to the mango ice cream and pretty much couldn't read the rest of it (I skimmed, though! I think I got the gist!). Mango ice cream sounds... YUM.
I just love you food porn. I hope my postcard gets there! The last time I sent a package to that country it got lost. Boo!
Oh my GOD Nikolett I NEED the receipe for that pizza it looks AMAZING!!! xxx
Post a Comment