dear november
Dear November,
People always sing depressing songs about December ... anyone from Linkin Park to Kelly Clarkson to even Miley Cyrus (and that last one just sucks). But I don't think November gets enough credit. The second that clock gets turned back an hour - BAM! - my emotions feel all messed up, my energy levels go haywire, and I feel more and more depressed when I look outside at 5:07 PM and it's complete and utter darkness.
And that movie, Sweet November? Total LIES, that is. Nothing sweet about it. So I propose we acknowledge the crummy parts of November - darkness coming sooner, the papers/assignments/exams that all seem to be due within a couple of days, the fact that all the Christmas decorations/music is making me feel sad because of all the things I have to do until then, the fact that it seems impossible to see anyone and make plans for anything, my lips getting hella chapped no matter how much chapstick I put on - and then move on to make the month better.
There are definitely parts of you to enjoy - those days that come every once in a while where the sky is blue and you can just walk around and admire the leaves changing colour and swirling all around you. Or getting all antsy to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at 12:02 AM the day it opens. Or getting ready to make those plans to catch up with people during the holidays when you have time off, and where you start browsing around for the cutest cards to send around to friends & family. Or getting all excited to get your hands on as many pumpkin spice lattes as you can before getting even more giddy about the red cups returning to Starbucks.
I think I just need to be reminded of those good things more often. And right now, my stomach cramps aren't helping me any, though this delicious half-coffee half-hot-chocolate is. Mmmm.
I've only gotten to really enjoy one day of you outside, November, so I'm gonna show it off a little and ... please, feel free to send more days like this my way, either with The Boy again or with my closest friends :)
Keeping a tree trunk up with my pinky, awww yeah.
A view of the lower part of my city from the middle of the escarpment stairs.
Love, Me
How's your November been so far?
Any plans to make it happier for the rest of it?
My plan is to be in the blog-sphere more often, hehe /guilty








A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
13 comments:
I've totally ran/walked/swore my way up and down those stairs a total of 1 time with my boyfriend haha Far too challenging for my liking!
Such pretty photos! My November is pretty good so far - minus my fender bender accident on Monday!
Sweet November was the very first DVD I ever owned. An ex got it for me. And yeah. Lies.
We have Thanksgiving in November and any excuse to eat a ton of food is a win. But otherwise... yeah. Blobby. Darkness, I always feel tired, blech.
BUT.... I decorated for Christmas early this year so I am feeling much more jolly. Take that November!!
I HATE NOVEMBER AS WELL!! Just thinking about driving home in the PITCH BLACK OF.... 5PM MAKES ME ALL GLOOMY :( But I'm looking forward to seeing you super soon!!! <3333
hmmm lanzarote.... hmmm. november's good so far. september was really bad for me. i've survived september, i'd survive any-ber! ;)
btw, i love the orange picture. i just love how "bright" autumn looks like.
novembers are usually good for me and this one is no different. i'm actually really looking forward to thanksgiving this year since i get to spend it with my family. so yea things are looking up :)
I happen to LOVE November, one of my favorite months+I'm looking forward to the American Thanksgiving.
Love those pictures of you two!!
I love love you for remembering November, Nikolett! November is seriously one of my favorite months - due to Thanksgiving; and it always makes me feel bad that it is usually forgotten between the shuffle of Halloween in October and Christmas in December. Yayay for November!
Also, I am kind of dying to make Rachael Ray's Apple and Onion Stuffin' Muffins - http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/apple-and-onion-stuffin-muffins-recipe/index.html. :P
Love your pictures. Especially the one with you holding the tree trunk up. I love November. November and December are my favorite months.
daylight savings is a trick - you only really gain an hour of sleep for that one day!!! ... or maybe that's just how i see it in my head. ANYwhooooz - i was thinking the same thing last week when it was starting to get dark at 4:30PM during my traffic filled drive home from work. :( BUT on the happier side of things - Christmas is coming!!!! wahoooooo!!! lots of food and family time and Christmas cards from friends *hint hint* hahaha just kidding. ;P
<3
Those photos are beautiful tribute to fall!
November has actually been quite good to me so far, but more fun plans include seeing Harry Potter and the loveliness that is Thanksgiving! And the end of the semester, that's always lovely too :)
You two are darling! Love all of the fall coloring, the leaf picture is nice!
Post a Comment