aaaah freak out!
It's that most "wonderful time of the year" ... a.k.a. exams. Err, I mean, Christmas! Jack Frost nipping at your nose, steaming warm tea or hot cocoa filling your lungs and tummy with warmth, snug boots to keep the wetness of slush away ... although, thank goodness, there hasn't been much snow here yet (I appreciate it more when I don't have an hour commute to uni). But I'm excited for the time off, for time with family and friends and getting to know a little acquiantance called my future.
My M.I.A.-ness is starting to irritate me even, which is weird considering it's my blog. I think I've just realized how much I suck at multi-tasking. As much as I wanted to update here and be updated elsewhere, and felt that I could handle juggling a whole bunch of things at once, I kind of lost my mind. After six essays, two tests, and teachers college applications all due within a week and a half I kind of took a break digitally (but I didn't do a 'digital death', who else thought that campaign was a bit tacky even if it had good intentions?).
Needless to say, this past Thursday I had a bit of an Aaaaah FREAK OUT! moment, but without the Le freak, c'est chic afterwards. After some much-needed catching up time with my closest and bestest friends, watching movies and first season Castle episodes with my mama, and finally seeing The Boy after a week since he's been sick/we've both been busy ... I finally feel ready to get back into the swing of things. Finish up exams, apply for my Masters (gulp), and get back to things that are better than coffee ... like spending time with loved ones and getting back into the blogsophere (cheesy sentence is cheesy).
All this goes to show how much I suck at multitasking. But I put the pro in procrastinor.
What are your methods when the going gets tough? My method is to look forward to good times:
Craving salted caramel hot chocolate, making more goofy faces with The Boy, and spending nights in with my girlfriends watching our favourite holiday movies.
Up next is my future: trying to figure out what to do with my life (and hopefully not go broke) in the next six-eight months. Care to join me? ;)



A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
16 comments:
Love Actually- haven't watched this year yet but I need to. Such a fave of mine too :)
I LOVE LOVE ACTUALLY.
mainly because of that karl character. rodrigo santoro is so hawt that he is the main fixture of my dreams.
nyummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Ah yes, exams! I had one last week, one today and now I've got one left on the 16th! Almost there...
Who knows what the future holds..I'm going into my last semester and it scares the crap out of me..umm hello huge debt I have to start paying back :| Grrrr.
Hope yours go ok!
I need to watch Love Actually this weekend. I should try and watch at least two of my fave holiday movies per weekend.
My hubby is in love with Starbuck's Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate. I tried it a couple of times, even tried to tailor it to my requirements (lactose-free milk) but I still love my drink (Tall Toffee Nut Lactose-fee Americano misto).
Glad to see you are posting again. Good luck with your exams.
Ahhh at last, a new post from you. I have missed you lots sweetie. Sounds like these days are busy days for you. I do hope the holidays brings you more time for your boyfriend, family, friends, and time to chillax Actually, the Ber months has me pretty busy too, but I am trying to blog regularly, even if it means doing it on a once a week basis. So, when is your next blog post sweetie? Blogosphere is dull without you. Oh and by the way, I lurrrrve the pictures, that one of you making faces is adorable. What camera are you using?
i've already started my love actually marathon...it began on the 1st and will continue until the 31st. yay!!!
i always say that when the going gets tough, the tough gets ice cream. ^^
missed you 'round here, nikolett ^^
I kind of love the fact that you are the Queen of procrastination - the total opposite of me! I'm programmed NOT to procrastinate - I just can't; I'm always multitasking.
Yayay for Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate - I am obsessed. And I think I had better see Love Actually soon - everyone is always talking about it! :)
im too trying to figure out what to do with my life! so i totally know how u feel (: and erm salted caramel hot chocolate sounds divine.....why is it that they don't have it in starbucks here! boo. have a fantastic holiday season, love (: xo
ahh, i love this post.
i'm addicted to coffee too, its probably not a good thing.
Love Actually is our movie. We fell in love to that movie! And I've been craving one of those hot chocos all week! I hope the craziness dies down for you soon!
Take a deep breath. Make a list of what needs to be done. And just focus on what needs to be done. Even if you allow 15 minutes of blogging, or music listening or something to keep yourself sane.
Multi-tasking isn't something that's out of this world, in fact it's not even something one should brag about - doing a bunch of things in a mediocre fashion doesn't beat doing one thing at a time with full attention. Just take things as they come and you'll be fine.
Now go get a job.
"Love, Actually" is the perfect Christmas movie! Must watch it again soon ♥ I miss you Nikolett! I hope you're taking good care of yourself sweetie, can't wait to catch up on each other :)
This is such a cute post! I've already watched Love Actually 20+ times this season. :)
same method - i look forward to things or think about my goals/dreams and that usually motivates me! :D DUDE - how is that salted caramel drink at Starbs? I've been wanting to try it but i always end up going the safe route and ordering my usual Peppermint Mocha Frapp. haha!
And in response to your comment from long long ago... YES, our wedding venue is the same place we videotaped our *glasses* (with accent) video. AHHH! I MISS YOU!
You've got the perfect plan in place to maintain your exam sanity, I love watching Christmas movies with my girlfriends too! Oh so much fun. :)
Post a Comment