happy day of love!
{image from here}
Unfortunately (or fortunately), I don't have a wicked mustache to coerce you to be my valentine - but I hope you're all surrounded by loved ones on this day, whether in their physical presence, via Skype, on the phone, or by looking through photos and snail mail from the people you love.
Happy Valentine's Day!
While most of today will be spent with me cooped up in an editing room and The Boy stuck in his office, we're coming together tonight - me with my (hopefully yummy) homemade dinner, and him with dessert. 'Til that moment, I'd like to reflect on things I love (also known as simple smiles):
01. Catching up and celebrating a birthday with closest friends over a shared plate of cheesecake dessert.
02. Fitting in random songs into conversation; PERSON: "If you just go over that hill there--" ME: "The HIIIIIILLS are ALIIIIIIIVEEEEE WITH THE SOUND OF--" Okay, maybe not quite like that.
03. Trying out new recipes (here is the recipe of the week, which I can't wait to try out!), all the while biting off my fingers in anxiety (not the part I love), only to find that everyone who samples the completed meal loves it.
04. Getting things in the mail - ergo, the postcard project will be coming back in a couple of weeks!
05. Random lovely messages from friends.
06. Cuddling on a Saturday afternoon.
07. Nutella. And coffee. Mmm.
08. Attempting to make homemade gifts that usually look pretty bad but it's the thought that counts, righto?
09. Learning various phrases in different languages. I can say "hello" in a variety of languages (mostly thanks to herro hachi), and now I'm trying to master "I love you" in many languages! Here goes: szeretlek, ja kocham ciebie, mahal kita, je t'aime, ti amo, wo ai ni, saya cinta padamu! How do you say it in your language? (And if it's English, I love you too.)
10. Watching movies with my parents (last night it was Despicable Me).
11. Looking back at best memories and vacations, and fantasizing about where I'd love to go next!
12. Hugs. Any kind of hug (especially bear hugs).
13. Painting my nails a different colour every other day.
14. Y-O-U! (in a strictly platonic sense, of course.) And all your sweet comments on my last post!
Hope this day overwhelms you with love & happiness! Now, I have to ask:
What's something you love?



A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
10 comments:
happy valentine's day sweetie!! have a great day:)
happy V-day! :)
"What's something you love?" -> YOU :)
and also days off from work. hehehe. like now, despite being sick.
What's something i love? Potatoes. I love potatoes of all kinds. I also love when things go according to plan ;)
About hugs - are you sure about ALL hugs? Like even awkward hugs and creepy hugs??? hehe... just teasing.
P.S - Hope you and le boy have a wonderful evening tonight!
P.P.S - i am glad that my brand has educated you in different ways to say hello. My revised slogan should be "Herro Hachi, making funny fashionable...and educational" hehe
I love the free books I got in the mail today. And an AWESOME gift from another blogger. Seriously. I'm doing a post on it... Wednesday I believe. And the blog award I got.
OH!!!! I'll email you with a link to a vlog I did about Canada... it's going up tomorrow on someone else's blog. You'll love it. ;)
Happy, Happy Belated Valentine's Day, Nikolett!! :)
omg I love Despicable Me! such a cute movie. oh and painting nails, an immediate cheer up to my days :)
Hope you had a wonderful VDay! sounds delicious :d on a side note, you and your boyf did what me and my boyf did but with roles reversed - I made desert and he made the main meal. either way, what a delightfully nomfilled time :D haha
hearts<3333!
Nutella and coffee...Heck to the yeah!
Add arabic to the list!! I love you is "bahebbak" in Arabic :)
I love the list :)
i hope you had an amazing day of love - it sounded just perfect! i too love getting cards in the mail and spending times with friends, glad you are enjoying yourself!
Painting nails every other day is quite a challenge and here I thought painting them once a week was hard. What colours have you been painting your nails - inquiring minds would like to know...
I can't wait to the postcard project to come back, I participated in your last one. Also, I got you a postcard when I was in Jamaica and have wanted to send it to you but I can't remember if I asked you for your address.
Post a Comment