Pages

my to-do list

Well, a remedy of lots of tea, Cold FX, and funny videos means the sniffles are down to a minimum! Thanks for the get well soon wishes and recommendations. If you all haven't checked out the video/movie suggestions in the last comments, I suggest you do. It means I've put the first season of How I Met Your Mother on hold at the library and watched adorable sea otters hold hands. Definitely takes my mind off my dad giving me "are you sure you'll be good in a teaching career" lectures. 

Another thing that takes my mind off lectures? Baking. Yesterday me and my mom teamed up to make a cranberry loaf (recipe from here) and chocolate-banana bread (recipe from Sweet Treats cookbook). The Boy commented that I'm turning into "a little chef" though I first heard "a little sh-t" and then heard "a little ship" -- clearly need to get my hearing checked.

On the left, cranberry orange loaf with walnuts. On the right, chocolate-banana bread.

Other lovely distractions from lectures come in the form of tags! A few weeks ago, Tasha (who recently returned to blogging, yay!) tagged me to see what my pen(wo)manship looks like. You can see the details of this tag right here. Apologies in advance for my miniscule handwriting - years of writing in notebooks during class and not wanting to waste another sheet of paper means my writing has gotten tinier.

1. What's your name/Blogger name? 2. What's your blog's name/URL?
3. Write "the quick fox jumps over the lazy dog"
4. Favourite quote? 5. Favourite song? 6. Favourite band/singers?
7. Anything else you want to say? 8. Tag 3-5 people

 I tell great jokes. Yes.

And finally comes something originally from the talented Abby and that I first spotted on the also talented Kym's blog - doing 7 Things in 7 Days! The rules: make a list of 7 things you want to do in 7 days and actually do it. I usually make itty-bitty to-do lists on my hoops & yoyo post-it notes and thought, why not plan for a week in advance? So here goes:


Hopefully I'll share my progress once each one is completed! Feel free to join in!
But for now, I'm going to challenge you (not to a duel, don't worry). My question:
What's one thing YOU want to accomplish
within the next 7 days?

btemplates

10 comments:

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

banana bread is my fave! add chocolate chips and i am sold :)

Sara Strand said...

I love your handwriting!! Very cool!

And yes, start the postcard project again!

littletiara said...

oh dear I love your handwriting! It's so artsy you just can sell it off! Haha *well... I'm all about business lately xD*

and I love those things to do on your list! :D as for your question, something I want (or more likely HAVE) to accomplish this week is to find out how to put an "Add to cart" thing on my blog so I can just start selling things online. Oh, and I need to understand paypal more, lol XD

erika sorocco said...

Can I just say that I love your handwriting? I feel like I don't even know how to write anymore because I type so much!! :P

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm hoping to stay well the next 7 days...The dude has the sniffles again. HAHA. Glad to hear you're feeling better!

Leesh said...

Your handwriting looks like a scripted font. It's very cute. It's nice to see other people's penmanship. With technology these days, most people don't have to pick up a pen. Me, on the other hand, although I forgot how to write, I still love printing, especially filling out forms. I am the designated Fedex form filler at my work.

In the next seven days, I hope to finish reading The Hunger Games. Like all the bloggers have mentioned, it's so addicting!

Enjoy your weekend!

Sierra said...

love your handwriting and list - and the fonts too! like the blogger above me, i need to get reading, design more blog banners, apply for jobs...the list goes on an on! one thing at a time :)

Adele said...

your handwriting is like out of a romance novel! it's sooo pretty (: and symmetrical. mine is always a mess and illegible. heh.

krissy ♥ said...

Your penmanship is really so cute :) Thank you for tagging me, Nikolett! This is such a fun tag :) And good luck on accomplishing your To Do List (especially the one about applying for 10 jobs)! :)

josie(bean) said...

ahh this post is full of amazing! tbh im not a big fan of anything orange unless is it the real deal, but that loaf looks waaaay too delicious to pass up! chocolate banana bread, on the other hand, is probably my absolute faaaave!

also, your penmanship is so neat! i used to write really neatly when i had a (non-internet) journal, and since you tagged me i'm interested in what writing in cursive again will feel/look like! will post the results soon ;)

lastly, i need to jump in on this 7 accomplishments in 7 days thing. love the fun motivation it puts on an immediate timescale.