Pages

between two cups of coffee

Lately, I've been on a little bit of a caffeine fast (and I feel like admitting that on a blog whose title relates around coffee is a bit blasphemous!). In the past week I ended up having two cups - one in a moment of weakness, and one yesterday in a moment of celebration - and they felt like bookends to some amazing days in my life.

Bookend #1 - A Moment of Weakness
in the form of a Second Cup Chillatte

This past Wednesday I realized I've become something of a hermit who hadn't left the house in almost three days. So I took a journey to the mall - a little bit of a fresh air on the walk, and then letting myself get distracted by a building full of people and clothes. I was feeling nauseous and on edge - in a matter of days I'd be finding out if I got into teachers college, and I was wondering if I was jinxing myself by not really preparing any back-up plans in case I didn't get in.

Before I left the mall, I stopped by Second Cup. I was the only one in line and decided to order something cold - a Chillatte. Even though her co-worker was right next to her, the barista still wrote my order on the cup. When I got my order, I was surprised to see the cup read Chill. And for some reason, that word worked. I realized I can't control all the outcomes so, until I find out the results, I should just chill.

The Amazing Days in Between

Thursday was a day full of seeing The Boy, catching up with friends we haven't seen in a while, indulging in a massive burger + pint deal at a restaurant we've never tried before, and then accidentally getting a pitcher of sangria when I only wanted a glass (though the pitcher was awesome). That was followed by dancing in the car, and then picking out delicious candy from Bulk Barn to munch on. It helped take my mind off of things, and almost felt like a pre-celebration now that I look back on it.


Friday is going to be forever dubbed as THE DAY - not because it was April Fools Day (and it seems like a really cruel joke to give out offers of admission on April Fools) but because:

I GOT INTO TEACHERS COLLEGE!

I spent the wee hours of the morning hovering over a computer, just waiting - and I got into all three that I was waiting for results from. Oh, happy days! To finally be awarded the chance to become what I've always wanted to be ... ahh, made me happy that I decided to chill.

Saturday was full of more catching up with friends by helping out on a short film set and being a clapper which was a ton of fun, then eating yummy celebratory burgers with The Boy (my idea of healthy eating went out the window this weekend).

Bookend #2 - A Moment of Celebration
in the form of a Cinnamon Dolce Latte



And then Sunday was spent in Starbucks, celebrating mine and my friend's good news over a cup of cinnamon dolce latte and a deeeelicious red velvet whoopie. Followed by watching adorable videos, like a baby being scared of his mom blowing her nose. You must watch it.

I'm starting to feel like it's worth it to take little coffee breaks, because amazing things can happen in between two cups of coffee. /cheesy blog is cheesy

And a MASSIVE thank you to everyone who joined in on the Postcard Project! I'm so excited for everyone to swap and hopefully share on their blogs once they get it. And since I was so late in sending everyone their postcard partners, I'll send out reminders this Friday to anyone who hasn't sent theirs yet!

Now, I have to ask:
How was your weekend?
Did anything make it amazing? :)

btemplates

22 comments:

Adele said...

oooo congrats on getting into teachers college!! (: and why would you even be on a caffeine fast? since ian bought a coffee grinder and a mocha pot..we've been drinking ALOT of coffee and it's been amazing!! and argh i should have joined in the postcard project!!! is it too late now? ):

Bree said...

Congrats on getting accepted!!
How good are those mini red velvets?!? MMM
I've been craving a pitcher of sangria (to split of course haha) and hope to have one on Thursday when I'm finally done cramming for 3 finals! Still 2 more after that, but they're spread out. And it would be great if the weather was nice enough that I could sit on a patio :)

L said...

CONGRATS!!! That's so exciting.. I went through teacher's college and trust me, your caffeine intake will be the highest ever. Good luck with everything! I love cinnamon dolce lattes.

Nashe^ said...

Congrats! And I have no idea what a red velvet whoopie is but it looks like something I need to have right now.

Sara Strand said...

Yay on teacher's college!!! :) And to get into all 3... how awesome that now YOU get to choose which one is best for you. :) Woo-hoo!

Anonymous said...

congrats on getting accepted! my hubs was a kindergarten teacher and he loved it. he loves kids and is so good with them.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

congratulations!!!

that mini whoopie pie looks yum!

Unknown said...

YEEEEEEEEEEE! I had no doubts you would make it in :) WOOHOOO! I've had one...err... 3 moments of weakness today. I promised myself I would eat better and would only have ONE cookie today, but i ended up having 4. And well the day's not over yet so hopefully i stop at 4. -_-

That's the second time i've seen a photo of that red velvet whoopie today!!! MUST. HAVE.

and DUDE - i love the video of the baby being scared of his mom blowing her nose. Have you seen the one of the two twin boys having a conversation!?!!?!? I'm sure you have since it's only had... 14 million + hits... nbd. haha! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JmA2ClUvUY

I had one of the most memorable weekends of the year so far! I will be blogging about it in a span of 3 days. haha! :)

littletiara said...

isn't that cool? All those chillin' stuff? :D and a pitch of sangriaaa!! ME WANT! lolololol... ;p

and YAYNESS!!! Congratulations for your acceptance! You know I was jumping in joy and smiled brightly when I read your ALL CAPITAL tweet ;p lolololol so happy for you! You'll make a good teacher yay! :D

and here i am, getting nervous each day, waiting for my school to start. I can't believe I took master, which would mean I'll have to learn in school all over again! I thought I was done! XD lolololol

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!! on getting into Teacher's College!!!! YAAAY!! &&& that Cinnamon Dolce Latte looks yummy! I have yet to try that particular Latte from Starbucks.

krissy ♥ said...

Congratulations Nikolett! Aaaah I'm so happy for youuuuu!!!!!!! The barista was right - chill ♥

And because you're my friend and I love you I want to share this inspiring post as well: http://www.nyminutenow.com/2011/03/about-not-worrying.html It was written by Mariel Chua, the now defunct Seventeen Philippines' former beauty editor. She is one of the most inspiring persons I've met and I really look up to her. We exchanged a few emails back then and she convinced me to really pursue my passion for writing ♥ I just shared the post because maybe you can learn a thing or two and then hopefully apply it when the going gets tough.

I love you and thank you for joining my giveaway!!! ♥

erika sorocco said...

Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations! Ohmigosh Nikolett I am so incredibly proud of you - no one deserves this more! You will be such a fantastic teacher!

BTW...I am now craving a Cinnamon Dolce Latte. :P

Amanda said...

Congratulations lady!! :)

Ashley Slater said...

Okay, I love your header! CUTE CUTE CUTE Blog!!!!

-Ashley
Adventures of Newlyweds

dolce la robyn said...

everyone already said what we needed to say (which is "congratulations" just in case you're reading this straight after waking up in the morning and you haven't had your caffeine fix yet)...

so i'm gonna do something else:

A HUGE MASSIVE HUG FOR YOU!!!! =D

proud of you, darl!!!

and next time you cannot miss our skype date :)

♡Shayla♡ said...

oh, wow .. i very much love your blog layout. such great space.


anyhow. i was reading across your blog, and wondered if you'd heard of thecoffeeexperiment.com

it might be something you're interested in!
anyhow- happy blogging! and congratulations on getting into teachers college!

Melissa said...

Congratulations!! So happy for you. Sometimes it's hard to chill, but when you do let go, that's when good things start to happen =)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your admission letter!

My-Boy and I did something unexpected...out of the ordinary...outstandingly different this past weekend: Nothing

The *only* time we left the house was Sunday evening for a Starbucks run. ;)

Leesh said...

Congrats again on getting into teacher's college. All that wait is over, you must have a huge weight lifted off your shoulders.

I tried most of the Starbucks Petites and the whoopie pie and the salted caramel sweet square are my favorite.

I am a little late in commenting but last weekend, I did nothing but read. The Mortal Instruments books have been taken up most of my time these days.

Unknown said...

Uhm, there is no "IF" we see each other next month. I demand you make time for me. hahaha!

josie(bean) said...

OMG this is so delayed but CONGRATS!!! and acceptance letters from ALL 3 teachers colleges?!? you go gurl! and im very glad to see you celebrated in the best way possible - that red velvet whoopie pie and pitcher of sangria look beyond amazing *stomach rumbles* :d

Anonymous said...

Between two cups of iced sweetness.