simple smiles #42
When two weeks go by without posting it means that either a) there's lots of stuff going on or b) I'm playing way too much Sims. Fortunately it was more of an a) mixed with me just feeling extreme gratitude for all of your comments on my last post ... you all made my heart warm and fuzzy with all your congrats. THANK YOU! :)
Since then, life has been about enjoying the quiet moments, trying to remain calm in the moments where you're in a hall for 25 hours with a bunch of hormonal teenagers and you tell them not to eat to raise money (craziness, I tell ya), and counting down the days until I go to Vancouver!
Strange to think that in a month I'll be celebrating mine and The Boy's three-year anniversary while standing at the front of a room, watching my sister walk up the aisle and marry her man :) And that in less than a month I'll get to meet Patty (/Kym) again! YIPEE!
For now, here are some moments of simple smiles or simple realizations that I've had over the past couple of weeks.
Since then, life has been about enjoying the quiet moments, trying to remain calm in the moments where you're in a hall for 25 hours with a bunch of hormonal teenagers and you tell them not to eat to raise money (craziness, I tell ya), and counting down the days until I go to Vancouver!
Strange to think that in a month I'll be celebrating mine and The Boy's three-year anniversary while standing at the front of a room, watching my sister walk up the aisle and marry her man :) And that in less than a month I'll get to meet Patty (/Kym) again! YIPEE!
For now, here are some moments of simple smiles or simple realizations that I've had over the past couple of weeks.
Simple Realization #1: I never really understood my sister and mama's fascination with footwear - until last week when I acquired three new pairs of shoes. On the left - the heels I'll be wearing for my sister's wedding. In the middle - shoes my mom purchased 3 years ago that were too small ... and which she (I would like to think, somewhat reluctantly) bestowed onto me. On the right - nude pumps for my size 9 feet. Looking at this picture, I tend to like neutral-coloured shoes, hmm.Simple Smile #1: Snailmail in the form of a 'will you be my maid of honour' card from my sister (I responded with a resounding 'no', hehe) and a lovely postcard from Sierra courtesy of the postcard project! Annnd if you're reading this and haven't sent out your postcard yet - please do it haha. I promise I'll be sending out reminder emails soon :)
Simple Smile #2: Delicious food in the form of Subway with The Boy before seeing Your Highness (hysterically weird) and my latest creation in the kitchen - chocolate chip cranberry cookies (a modified version of this recipe!).
Simple Realization #2: How each bus trip adventure, each tickling fight, each hug can make me fall more in love /cheeeeesy.
Simple Smile & Realization #3: That nights with bubble tea and trying out Soju while watching Boys Over Flowers is a perfect way to spend a night with friends.
Simple Realization #4: That keychains don't last forever. A few months ago, yoyo (the green one) started to lose all of his colour, and then last week, hoops (the pink one) decided to breakaway from my house keys. 'Twas a sad moment ... and also made me realize I'm a tad bit obsessed with anything hoops & yoyo.
Simple Smile #4: Books. I love to read, and the library feeds that craving magnificently. I also borrowed The Book of Awesome which is, in a word, AWESOME! and inspired me to create my own little series ... if I can actually stick to it (this is a reminder for me to stick with it!).
Simple Smile #5: Two pigeons sought shelter on the ledge outside my kitchen window from the crazy weather this past Sunday - in the span of two hours it went from ice pellets and extreme hail to a thunderstorm to ... snow. In April. So two little pigeons decided to just hang out by my window, though one flew off when I took out my camera (my dad thought maybe he was camera shy).So that's what I've been up to in a few random snapshots; this year seems to be going by more quickly than any other year, which only gives more leverage to that whole "time goes faster as you get older" idea. That could be part of the reason why I haven't updated here, but either way I'm excited for the weeks to come and promise to keep more in touch!
Now I must ask:
What's your simple smile or
simple realization of this past week?
What's your simple smile or
simple realization of this past week?
Hope you had a great weekend!








A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
22 comments:
simple realization:
there's this one freaking HOT boss at my workplace. too bad he's married or otherwise I seriously would have hit on him! not because he's the boss, but because he's freaking HOT and charming. lol
btw, I freaking LOVE LOVE the shoe on the right. the nude pump LOVE LOVE LOVE.
my simple smile would be realizing that we get to see each other again soon! EEEKKKK!!!! Do you know what dates you'll be here yet? May is a crazy month for me so i want to make sure i am free those days that you are free!! :D Can't believe you and P have been together for almost 3 yearssss!!!! do i hear wedding bells in the distance???? ;P
love the pumps! i'm more of a sneaker whore so anything puma, old school nike or addidas will tickle my fancy.
btw, soju is the best. last time i had lemon soju i thought it was lemonade, polished off the whole thing by myself and on the way home, fell down and couldn't get up. for real.
and i sent my postcard last week :)
Holy babycow look at those cookies! And I find it amusing that you watch Boys Over Flowers. Hahahaa.
hello! :) long time no comment from me, ha! my simple realization? taking time to do little things like read for pleasure or cook a meal, even when I don't feel I have the time, somehow makes school more manageable!
1. I love Hoops & YoYo!!!! OMG. I wish I could have them as real pets.
2. Do you have any idea how HARD it is to find a post card when you actually LIVE in Duluth/Superior?? Horrible. I seriously had to ORDER IT ONLINE and it got here today. So my postcard to my buddy is going out tomorrow. This is annoying to the max.
3. I want you to get a bright pink/blue pair of heels. Just because.
love the pumps!
my simple realization: how much i love sunshine! it's been raining all week last week and sunday, the sun finally showed, and i almost lost it (not in a mental way) but just got too excited and was out for the day!
omigosh seriously I read the whole thing but the only thing stuck in my mind is that you watched BBF and drink soju! :O is soju good? How does it taste? I can't find them here (or I'm not looking hard enough, lol)
aaaand.. lol, I've never finished watching BBF although they've been played repeatedly in TV, I ended up watchin in youtube only for the So Yi Jeong - Ga Eul part, they won my heart instead of the main couple, but that long-legged curled-hair rich boy (I forgot his name... the main lead) is so hot, though. :P :P
ahh... and I love everything else in your list, but those shoes caught my eyeesss... <3 I've always been a shoe-lover, lolololol XD there's no way I can spend my time walking around the shopping center/mall without visiting the shoes area(s) lololol...
omg you're size 9? lol! Alright, does it means it'll be hard for me to look for some pair of shoes for my size 5 feet? :| loloollol
This may sound completely silly but homaybabyjeezus I wish I can get some of that snow. It's too hot and humid here >.<
Lovely, lovely times, you are forgiven for not updating your blog as much I would want you to LOL your stories and simple smiles always make me smile :)
I had a fun weekend! As you know, I got to watch the concert of one of my favorite bands ♥ And I also got to spend fun times with a blogfriend. Will be blogging about it next =) Oh my Nikolett, I wish I can also hang out with you and Kym! That'll be LOADS of fun! ♥
PS: The band The Script is from Ireland! =)
Ohmigosh the chocolate chip cranberry cookies - I want! Now I'm hungry for sweets! Also...we are so alike in regards to shoes - I always tend to buy neutral toned footwear - especially sandals. They seriously go with anything and make your legs go on for miles. Love! :)
I haven't had bubble tea in a long time. I think I should go get myself some tomorrow. And oh, did you say Boys Over Flowers?! I super heart that series. Isn't it just soooo adorable, it makes you laugh and cry at the same time. Did you watch the whole thing?
Have you finished Graceling? I LOVE that book and recently reread it before starting Fire. Can't wait for Bitterblue!!
I love soju... it's super good with spicy foods like kimchi and it's lethal because you can drink so much then it all hits you at once. Easiest way to get drunk.
There's a place here that sells alcoholic bubble tea too but I haven't tried it yet. The sound of it is kind of gross though.
cute shoes for your sister's wedding! i also love how she asked you to be MOH :)
I loved your simplicities! My simple smile/realization this past week has been realizing how much I mean to my best friend. I mean I always knew she loved me but she nor I can wait till she gets home for break so we can catch up.
lol, the sims? I love the sims, I haven't played it in so long though. Half of my degree was spent playing on that game :)
I love everything in this post, you are too cute!
Simple smile this week has been the sunshine, its been so lovely I still can't believe it.
Yay for simple smiles!! I love the shoes. Extravagant smiles for the win!!
this was so sweet :) made me smile!
you are not going to be your sister's maid of honor??? :o
& my simple smile is when from seeing how beautiful Vancouver is from a killer view at a friend's place in west van.
a tough cookie bacon - you are so clever boots. hahaha! :P we need to re-live our in-car recording sessions when you get here!!!
Hey doll, hope you're doing great! I tried to find Tiffany blue dresses for you...Who knew it would be so hard?!? Did you find something? I know David's Bridal has that color. : )
simple smile: my little dog olive just LOVING her playtime outside on sunny days. she takes such joy in life...we could all do that a bit more...
cute blog - i'm your newest follower!
cheers!
cailen
www.cailenascher.blogspot.com
I have the Book of Awesome but I haven't gotten around to reading it. I also secretly want to read Elixir too and the books by Nicole Richie and Lauren Conrad.
Look at your with your Spring heels are ready to go. I wore gold flats today and my feet are cold. I can't wait for warm weather to finally arrive.
My simple smile this week, just knowing that today is Thursday and the weekend is almost here. Actually seeing pictures of my BFF's new baby girl brings a huge smile on my face.
Wee I see my postcard - glad you received it and enjoyed it! That cookie looks super good. Yum. Simple smiles are lovely including these shoes! :)
Post a Comment