leaving on a (west)jet plane
All my bags are (half) packed, not yet ready to go ... but I'm really excited that in less than 24 hours I'll be seeing my amazing sister and niece for the first time in nine months! British Columbia, here I (+ parentals) come! While being on a plane - and in this case two since we have a layover - makes me feel a bit antsy, I have my mp3 player, the Water for Elephants novel, and my camera to keep me company and help me admire the clouds below instead of fearing what might happen. Plus, having The Boy drive me and my parents to the airport in the wee hours of the morning will warm my heart enough to last the whole airplane trip!
While I'll try to catch up on your awesome blogs, I know I'll be preoccupied by the mountains of Whistler, the hustle and bustle of the main city, spending time with my family, and hopefully both meeting someone new and meeting someone again (hello Patty!). Weird that my kitchen board countdown now reads "1 day!" to Vancouver; here's what I've been up to in the days leading up to it:
Enjoying delicious vegetarian fare with a friend I haven't seen in a year!
Relaxing near the lake on a cool day and cuddling as often as we can :)
Having Starbucks with a close friend (something I'll have a lot in Vancouver!) and my haircut!
Now I'm going to keep packing while I recover from last night's finale of The Vampire Diaries (who saw it and OMG'ed a hundred times like I did?). I hope you all have a great next week and I'll try to update when I can! I bid you all adieu for now!
Annnnd I'm a wee bit curious (and bitten by the travel bug):
If circumstances allowed you to hop on a plane and go wherever, where would you go?






A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
12 comments:
YAY vacation! Have fun - I'm new to your blog hahaha, but I feel like I already know you. Great haircut, too btw. Cheers to a fellow Canadian! WOO!
I'd go home and hang out with friends and family because I miss them terribly.
You are going to have the best time in Vancouver. You get to visit friends and also watch that beautiful sister of yours get married to the love of her life. I hope the both of you share pictures of this special day. I am not sure when you are leaving (I think the wedding is next weekend?) but if I'm not in touch with you when you leave, have a great time and give your sister a congratulatory hug for me. Have a safe flight with your parents.
As for Vampire Diaries, I had a ton of OMG and WTF moments. This show is crazy and full of hot guys. I don't understand why more girls don't watch it. Thanks for tweeting along with me last night. I need to share those OMG's with someone.
Water for Elephants was great. Let me know what you think of the book.
i always have wanderlust, so lately, it's tanzania to go to a safari! vancouver bc is a 6 hour-drive from where i am, so i try to go there every year or so. it's amazing. i hope you have a great time. robson street, gastown, granville island/market - everything is lovely!
That sounds like a great trip!
I hope you have a great time visiting the fam ;)
xoxo
Olivia
I'm so excited on your behalf! Haha... you'll be sharing lots of pictures, yes?
If I could hop on a plane right now I'd be off to Paris for a croissant!
SOOOOOOO EXCITED TO SEE YOU AGAIN! I'm actuall excited for the work week to start for once so that it can be Tuesday already! haha! Anyway, If I could hop on a plane right now... i would go to.... JAPAN! or Italy... or Greece... or Indonesia... or ... anywhere really! :)
I hope you're having a blast with your fam sweets!
I would head straight for Scotland! :) I hope you are having an amazing time with your sister and what a cute picture of you and the boy!
Enjoy the flight and the time with your sister as well as niece!
And yet... if I had a possibility to go wherever I want.. my destination would definitely be Brasil...
Prague!!! and all over the world to visit each one of you!!! Hahaha...
I hope you are having fun in Vancouver!:)
Post a Comment