Pages

days to remember

I'm one of those people who likes to take pictures of everything they're about to eat, or pictures of random things that I see, or grab business cards from small shops for the future. It's like memory hoarding - I hoard pictures and little souvenirs to remember. The past five days (though especially the last two) provided so many moments like that ... and they were days to remember :)

Last Wednesday was The Boy's birthday - and it was lowkey but awesome :) His gift? A portable BBQ that he's already used a handful of times. The destination? Exploring lakes within a one-hour drive of our city and attempting to fish even though the winds were gusting like crazy. The food? Yummy burgers and sausages followed by my 'birthday cake' (banana chocolate chip loaf) to him and then ice cream (nom nom nom~). 

 Gorgeous lake on the left (that had 'keep out' signs all around it, meep) and our BBQ spot.

Rainbow sherbet and peach ice cream and a surprise bouquet(!!) from The Boy the next day :D

And then came the Unionville Festival!! I haven't seen my friend Isabelle in forevvaaaaaa and adding a festival on top of that makes for a weekend of epically awesome proportions. The bus rides there involved a crazy thunderstorm but it cleared up for a nice afternoon, an amazing night of fireworks, being introduced to Katamari which is so much fun and I'm disappointed there's no demo available on PS3 to play it, and trying out delicious new foods (including going to a Chinese dim sum restaurant where I was the only non-Asian hahah).

YUMMY YUMMY corn from an inflatable corn tent (that I want, with corn included plz).

Posed next to random things like a Wizard of Oz display (and close by you could hear little kids butchering Journey in karaoke hehe) and a HUGE Jack Daniel's bottle ... unfortunately it was only inflatable.

A scruuumptious steak salad with goat cheese, and then we also had amazing ravioli.

FIREWORKS! So pretty. And we sang along to QUEEN's Bohemian Rhapsody at the beginning :D

We also saw cool kilt-wearing men in a band called Seasick Sailors, they were so good!

Add me finding the sea salt spray I unfortunately had confiscated at the Vancouver airport, talking until our throats were itchy and our voices were hoarse, and finding amazing hand-made things like soy pineapple candles, yummy-smelling soaps, and other knick-knacks like gnome keychains ... it was such a great weekend and I'm so thankful she invited me over! I'm hoping the rest of June brings along more great memories :)

What were you up to this weekend?
And what's one meal you could really go for right now?
(I want to cook more and I'd love some ideas!)

COMING UP THIS WEEK: an indepth look at my sister's wedding day :)

btemplates

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely celebration with the boy! I was just thinking that W and I should really get out and enjoy nature more... haha! We're both such city people!!!

Looks like a fun festival too! Did you enjoy dim sum? Was it the authentic kind where they have people pushing carts and yelling things in chinese??? :)

What was up to this weekend? THe same thing i'll be up to for the next 2 weeks - WEDDING MADNESS! GAHHH!!!!

As for food that I could really go for right now... something really unhealthy that i can't have b/c i'm on a wedding (semi) diet. :P Like say... LOBSTER MAC AND CHEESE WITH BACON and DEEP FRIED MASHED POTATOES ON THE SIDE. *alsdjflajdfklaj*

dolce la robyn said...

so much fun!!!!!! all these birthdays and all kind of reminds me of the past. =/

by the way, me sister and meself went to the blarney castle yesterday and had fun like crazy lol.

i'd love to have some miso soup right now. LOL.

krissy ♥ said...

Ohgosh everything looks so much fun! Looks like perfect summer days ♥ The weather here has been so confusing lately; it gets so hot and humid in the morning, then it rains hard on late afternoons. Ugh.

It's 30 minutes past midnight here, but I would really like some chocolate cake :D

L said...

That looks like a fantastic weekend. I want that corn on the cob right now. Glad you are having so much fun!

Regan said...

Mmmm that ice cream looks amzing! <3

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

looks like a lovely weekend! great photo of you and the boy at the top. How funny to just get corn on the cob in a stick like that!

Anonymous said...

great pics! sounds like a lovely time.

and when you said Unionville festival.. do you mean Unionville, Ontario? As in York Region which is like, 10mins away from my house and I was going to go to as well and we could have bumped into each other?

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Wow, was your weekend more exciting than mine lady! That steak salad looks scrumptious!

Anonymous said...

Your weekend was so much more entertaining than mine. I sure hope June continues like this for you. Right now I will say what I really want is a Philly Cheesesteak!!!

Sara Strand said...

Gnome keychains?! I TOTALLY WANT ONE!! The next time you go you have to get me one. I'll even pay for it. Nowhere around me sells anything gnome related and I effing love gnomes. They are so cute and weird.. I love them!

Anonymous said...

i love these photos, and girl, i'm just like you. i take photos of every thing i eat or see. the key is just remembering cause sometimes when i'm with a group of friends, i forget! if it's just me and a one or two people, i'll remember!

S and O said...

Mmmmmm...that ice cream looks delicious! And that corn does too :)
xoxo
Olivia

Jessica said...

See, this is exactly why I came back; I miss reading about your escapades with the boy! Happy belated birthday! :)

I'm planning to learn baking. Any tips? :)

Rhianne said...

it looks like you had sucha a great time, I love the photos of you posing with things :) and the ice cream and food looks so good too. I hope The Boy had a great birthday!

erika sorocco said...

Happy, Happy Belated Birthday to The Boy! The two of you are seriously too adorable for words - j'adore these pictures! And yayay for rainbow sherbet and peach ice cream - I'm craving both right now! :P

Safe in the Steep Cliffs said...

HAHAHAHA! You make the word "hoarding"
sound fun! The only memory I have of
that word was when that ignorant student
from UCLA said "hoards of Asians" and
blah blah blah... Like being Asian is
such a bad thing >.< Anyway, getting
business cards (specially when they're
pretty looking) are so amusing! And
taking lots of pictures is awesome too!
I'm glad you and your bf like taking pics
together! I always have to remind Chris
take pictures with me because we don't
really have that much pictures together XD

A lowkey bday is awesome! Gosh... It
sounds so lovely to go to see nature's best
on your bday. I want that sometime! hehehe!
And yummy burgers and sausages?! GRRRR
you're making me hungry!!! O_O WAIT....
Banana chocolate chip loaf? Weird, but it
sounds like it works! LOL!

I'm so jealous! I want to eat some ice
cream right now! And looking at that photo
of ice cream is not helping! haha! And that
bouquet of flowers looks so lovely! I've never
gotten flowers from the hubby. XD It's my fault
really. I told him I didn't like recieiving
flowers. I should've mentioned that it was
back in high school and that I didn't really
mind it now XD

Also, thanks for the comment! It was pretty
random and disrespectful of my bff's bf to
do and that guy to say to me. Some people
just think that they're better than the others.
I wonder if they know that it's the year 2011
already? And thanks for the compliment on my
keychains! I'm actually having a giveaway! {:
Join it ?! hehehE! Here's the linky:
http://www.troubledrobot.com/2011/06/giveaway.html

amy b.s. said...

oh my gosh, that corn looks amazing! and what a great gift idea!

Nashe^ said...

My first thought when I saw the pictures was like, OMGWTH everything's so beautiful!! And rainbow sherbet!? WANT!

Unknown said...

that icecream looks delicious! So does the steak ^_^

ive had a quiet weekend so far.. working in my sketchbook just

Anonymous said...

ooooh that looked fun :) following you now :) xx <3

HOGGER + Co. said...

How absolutely wonderful!! You sure know how to summer!
Mmm banana choc chip loaf!

Sierra said...

Looks like a wonderful time and that ice cream cone! Yum!

Leesh said...

That lake does look gorgeous!

I read a lot about the Unionville Festival. Looks like everyone went. I was kinda jealous but not so much because I was sitting on a beach.

Katamari is hilarious. Now that you have mentioned it, I think I am going to take out the PSP and play a couple games over the weekend.