Pages

feet in the sand

There's nothing quite like burying your toes in the sand on a nice day at the beach (and every time I do, I'm reminded of Amanda Bynes in What A Girl Wants when she says, "Don't you just love squiggling your toes in the sand? Did you know it's a natural exfoliant? Mom says if you can walk on a beach and you have a steady hand with nail polish there's no reason to ever pay for a pedicure." Wise words.)

 Catching some air at the beach!

Of course, once I'm all hyped up on chips and sugar, all I do at the beach is attempt to take jumping photos (since the water was way too cold for swimming). This weekend was a pretty crazy one, but one of those weekends where you take a lot of photos and then realize that none of them are suitable for the 'net (i.e., belated birthday barbeque extravaganza at The Boy's house complete with too many drinks and good friends). The only one I'd dare to show is:

I BBQs.

While recovering from the weekend, I've caught up on The Voice (who here is rooting for Team Adam? Though I also love Dia), and done a wee bit of shopping, though it's mostly walking away empty-handed when I see something on sale online, go to the store, and then it's gone (I snooze I lose, I guess!). I did come home with this pretty item, though:

I used to wear bracelets all the time, and decided to add one from Guess?  :)

I'm starting to turn into one of those people who doesn't know what day it is haha. I could have sworn today was the start of the weekend, which means celebrating one of my best friend's birthdays and hitting up Canada's Wonderland, but realized it's hump day. Either it's old age or I need to get myself a steady schedule. And too many days have gone by without doing this, but I received an amazing award from Tasha from a work in progress - thank youuuu!


Not sure if I fit into the 'stylish' category (but I tried to by showing off my bracelet haha). Now, these awards come with rules: you have to list 7 random things about yourself and then tag 7 other lovely people. So here goes! :)

  1. I've played the guitar for about five years on-and-off; I'm rusty, but I love it.
  2. I have a slight addiction to nail polish, and I have to wear it otherwise I nibble my nails down to the knuckle. Lately I'm hooked on the 'shatter' ones from OPI.
  3. I got a navel piercing done last August in Vancouver as a bit of a 'dare', and my Dad doesn't even know about it yet (shhhh).
  4. I could be on Don't Forget the Lyrics and win since I memorize lyrics way too easily.
  5. When I was younger, I pretended I was in an all-girl group called (wait for it) The Sunflower Girls. Aww yeah. Our hits included "Love You Once More" and "If You Were My Boy" (which I wrote).
  6. If I had the time and energy I'd love to become a daily vlogger like CTFxC and the Shaytards. Until I realize I'm not as cool/don't do too much hehe.
  7. Every week I realize more and more that I have a horrible phobia of insects (except for butterflies and dragonflies, we cool).
Thanks again for the award! And I'd love to give this to: Krissy from i am krissy, Tiara from little tiara, Margarita from Fab Brunette, Reni from inHERshoes, Jaime from La Vie J'aime, Abby from Robots in Trouble, and Kathy from Life in Progress - and I'm adding Mel from ChinkyGirlMel because I love her outfits!

Hope you're all having a great mid-week!
What are you looking forward to this weekend? :)

P.S. A -major major- thank you to all the recent bloggers following me! 
I'm on the look out for the perfect giveaway gift, stay tuned :)

btemplates

21 comments:

Sierra said...

I just caught up on your last post and then was delighted to see that you have a new post up, yay!

Glad to see you are enjoying yourself and always love your beach pictures!

I love The Voice and it's so hard to choose! Their are so many talented voices. :)

Love your new Guess bracelet. I too am bad about wearing bracelets but I have a few that I need to break out and wear! This one looks lovely on you.

Sara Strand said...

This weekend I want to scrapbook, go to the Children's Museum and maybe the zoo. :)

I love your bracelet too!!!

t said...

Fun pics! Congrats on the blog award!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

Bree said...

Lol I barely know what day it is either anymore. I blame it on summer. And not working!
Ugh I have a brutal fear of butterflies. I can't even put into words how afraid I am. But, I have a small butterfly tattoo-ya, figure that one that HA (I blame that one on a high school graduation trip with friends to Wasaga beach :P)

Safe in the Steep Cliffs said...

haha! i love that quote by amanda bynes! i think i like any movie that she makes. too bad she's not making anything anymore. anyway... i agree... wise words! hehehe! too bad i'm not close to the beach -__-

-abby

Jessica said...

Hahah! Like Abby, I enjoy watching Amanda Bynes movies too! I like What A Girl Wants and I do remember that quote, but She's the Man has got to be my fave Amanda Bynes chick flick! I like her; she's a natural!

As usual, your weekend was another one of them good times with your friends. Your posts always makes me want to meet all of them! Looks like they're fun to be around with! :)

And you write songs??!!! WOW. Show us the lyrics! :)

Bel said...

I love that quote about sand being a natural exfoliant! :) And gorgeous bracelet!

<3 Belly B

erika sorocco said...

BBQs are the best; and I am so loving the fact that you just quoted Amanda Bynes in What A Girl Wants - I haven't seen that movie in forever. J'adore your new bracelet - too cute! :)

amy b.s. said...

now i so wish i lived by a beach so i didn't have to pay for my pedicures!

n said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

omg an award? for me? thanks girly!! looks like you had a fab time. love the jumping pic! i have a habit of taking "model" or "gap ad" pics. it's silly but makes for great laughs later on :D

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award!! Well deserved. Your bracelet made for a nice stylish touch and I love it!!

Have a great weekend :D

Nashe^ said...

What happened to the Sunflower Girls, then?? Hahhaaahaaa...

And that bracelet is seriously gorgeous. Love it!

HOGGER + Co. said...

Looks like fun! Love OPI - and I agree with the quote although I've never seen the movie! BTW, were you rooting for Vancouver? ;) How is everything now after all the riots?

Leesh said...

Cute bracelet!

I really want to try that shattered nail polish. Maybe I should pick one up and make use of the fact that my mom is here and that she can paint my nails for me.

I also want to get some glitter polish to use as a top coat for when I go to Vegas.

dolce la robyn said...

the bracelet is so pretty! which reminds me, i havent been going out for shopping for a long time. i guess when my sister is here to keep me happy, i dont need shopping to be happy xD

Amanda said...

Oh gosh, I'm the same with forgetting what day it is lately! Love that quote about the beach, it's so true! I need a beach trip stat :)

MissBliss said...

I live in Miami Beach so I know what you mean about sand exfoliation ;).

Love your blog! inspires me to update my template it totally needs it... lol.

Love your Scrabble tiles :)

Sara said...

Happy belated birthday!
I love your hair color, have I told you that? Yeah, well, I do! And I spent the weekend at the beach, too! (Although that didn't end too well, but hey! I had beach hair AND a tan!)

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

that's a wicked cute bracelet! Thank you for the award!! sorry i have been SO busy at work i am SO SO SO behind on my blog reading :(

krissy ♥ said...

Oh wow, thanks for the blog award, Nikolett! ♥

I agree with Nashe, that is a really cute bracelet :) And I'm the same with you, I lose track of dates so easily these days x___x Not good for my to do-list!

Which reminds me, I will do that thing you asked me to do tomorrow! Yayyyy! ♥