Pages

the autumn lull

There's amazing things about this season - the leaves changing colours, the pumpkin spice lattes and hot chocolate, season premieres every week, putting on cozy clothes, not having to worry about breaking into a sweat three minutes after leaving your door, the smells of cinnamon and apple pie. 

But I find that every time September rolls around, I hit a lull ... that lull where I barely take any photos (compared to the spring and summer), feel tired at 6P.M. because the sun goes down earlier, and any plans to enjoy the fall weather - be it a fair or a hike - either gets ruined by rain or the to-do list that is slowly taking over my life. 

September is ending, though, and I've resolved to make October a month to enjoy by making New Season/Month's Resolutions. Take my camera out more; bake lots when it's miserable outside; take time to spend outdoors or indoors, solo or with friends; and, blog more. About the everyday things, not just recaps. And to restart that, I'm adopting a little blog challenge I first saw from Leesh from After 'I Do' - it's a ten day you challenge (though it'll probably span over twenty days hehe).


one picture of yourself

This photo was taken a little over a month ago in The Boy's hometown in Hungary. It might just seem like a silly photo of a girl riding a bike through a village, but it means so much more to me (that whole picture is worth a thousand words thing definitely applies here). Earlier that day, I was hospitalized from dehydration due to food poisoning. It was a scary thing for me, since (thankfully) I'm not too used to being in a hospital. The Boy was right there with me translating everything to the doctors and staying there as I got examined time and time again, had an ultrasound done to make sure my stomach and kidneys were OK, and sat next to me as I had water put into my body via a tube.

When we got back to his grandparents' house, his grandmother came by with mashed potatoes and bread while I watched Chasing Liberty on my laptop (cheesy movies, and Matthew Goode, definitely cheer me up) while The Boy went off again to the main part of town to get me medicine. 

That evening, I was up for going outside to get fresh air, and we decided to head off to his uncle's house (that had Internet connection) with a bike ride. I was honestly so thankful that I was feeling better, that the food poisoning didn't lead to something incredibly horrible, and was just stoked to be able to go on a bike. When The Boy took this photo, I was euphoric. And it reminds me that I need to find joy in the simple things all the time.

So, now I have to ask:
What do you do to spruce up your autumn months?
What are you looking forward to most in October?

Hope you have a great weekend!

btemplates

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This challenge sounds like fun & it's pretty simple! I think I will participate for sure!

littletiara said...

aww... that food poisoning story is somewhat sweet, not the sickie part of course, but it's that The Boy was there all the time :D

and the challenge looks pretty easy although I'm such a BAD one with challenge lololol... maybe I should try it :9

Katy said...

Any type of stomach sickness is the worst and most painful sickness ever (food poisoning, stomach flu, etc.).

I'm the total opposite of you. I feel more lively in fall! During summer I'm soo lazy and just want to do nothing, plus my fashion sense seems to disappear because I'm not a huge fan of summer clothing. :P

Sara Strand said...

I love fall so I never feel like I hit a lull? But I look forward to doing a corn maze this year, Halloween with the kids, Boo at the Zoo, the Harvest Run 5K (eek!!), and maybe a date night with my hubs. :)

krissy ♥ said...

That looks like a fun challenge! :)

And oooh you got me worried there! But you're right, the photo is definitely one for the books! It's great that you have something to always remember that painful-at-first-but-happy-at-the-end memory by :) Love you m'lady! :)

erika sorocco said...

Ohmigosh Chasing Liberty! I so wanted to see that film back when it was out; methinks I need to rent it ASAP! :)

Whim Wham Life said...

It definitely is easy to hole up for the winter:-) I'm armed with candles, books, baking supplies, dinner parties, coffee dates, etc. xoxo

Sierra said...

Having joy in the simple things is always the best - love your thoughts on this.

Love your bike picture too - you look so happy! :) Thanks for your sweet comment on my latest post.

Sarah said...

My autumn months are filled with cooking things that smell good, taking walks outside and snuggling with Husband. I'm most looking forward to a little festival we go to. It takes place next weekend. I'm actually HOPING it is rainy and chilly because then I can wear lots of clothes, drink hot apple cider and eat soup!

P.S. - I'm also glad your food poisoning didn't lead to something horrible.

Leesh said...

Yay you are doing the 10 Day You Challenge and I am almost done but I look forward to reading yours.

Chasing Liberty, I like that movie. I actually have the DVD so next weekend, I will put on it on list to watch. Is Jeremy Piven in it or was he in First Daughter with Katie Holmes? I get confused between the two movies.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I tend to put more of an effort into my looks in the fall...It's so darn hot in the summer! Ha!