what a hoot
I've turned into a bit of a night owl in the sense that every night this week I've headed off to bed at 1am and woken up at 5:30am (all thanks to a gazillion presentations and tests and lesson plans due). Being able to sleep in (until 9!) and knowing it's a long weekend made waking up today so much better. And knowing that, for one last weekend, it's going to feel a bit like summer makes me want to pull out my camera and really capture the moment. Today I'm planning on doing a little exploration hike with The Boy (and catch up on The Vampire Diaries) and tomorrow's Thanksgiving dinner! What do you have planned this weekend?
Since I'm a bit of an owl right now, I thought I'd make the next giveaway a little owl-related! My fab sister, our mama, and myself are starting up an online shop with knits and blog designs come November, so hopefully you can enjoy some knitted warmth while sitting at your laptop enjoying a design. As a little teaser of what's to come, one part of the giveaway is an item from our future shop. The other is something I know I'd love to keep on my wall but that I would love to share with one of you, so here goes: the what a hoot! giveaway.
You'll get to have:
1) A lovely dictionary print from collageOrama (frame not included); and
2) An owl cup cozy from a future shop! (more details to come!)
How to enter?
Be a follower of this blog & enter with a comment that says "What a hoot!"
For extra entries?
1) Tweet about it and leave another comment with a link to your tweet!
2) Mention it on your blog and comment with a link to it.
2) Mention it on your blog and comment with a link to it.
3) Let me know what kind of items you'd like to see in a knit/blog design shop.
Open to both local and international readers :)
Winner will be announced October 23rd!
And to continue the 10 day 'you' challenge that I started last post, here's two songs that I've been constantly replaying over the past couple of weeks.
Florence + The Machine: "Shake It Out"
Anytime I'm in a rut, I play this song and "shake out" the stress.
Coldplay: "Paradise"
If only for it's epic minute-long instrumental intro.
I'm actually kind of excited for their new CD.
Hmms, I smell a new mix a-brewin'... but for now:
Hope you have a great weekend!




A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
10 comments:
"What a hoot!"
I'd love to join, Nikolett! They look so pretty ♥
Congratulations on your new shop! I can't wait to see your items and the blog designs! :)
"WHAT A HOOT!!!!!"
You're a hoot! :D Boots, thank you so much for still taking care of the website despite your super busy schedule. I really appreciate it and i am SUPER happy with what you did with the YouTube video. At first i thought it was just an image that they can click on to take them to the actual website, but i was happily surprised to know it plays right then and there!!! Oh the little thingsin life. Haha!
Anyway, enough business!
I'm happy to hear you're getting a weekend of down time... HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and yours! :) This weekend is going to be filled with lots and lots of food for me.... but then again that's pretty much every weekend. haha!
Enjoy! Excited about the upcoming shop!!! :)
one. I missed you! oh my!!! We're all owls or what? I just told my daddy today that I'd rather sleep late than wake up early hahahahhaa... really though, it's far easier xD and owls are so cute and my love for owl city, although irrelevant, doesn't help! oh well, I've even sewed an owl plushie just because lolololol or should i say "LOWLOWLOWL..." :))
two. A GIVEAWAY!!! A GIVEAWAAAYY!! I loveee giveaway! and it's owl related!! *is hysterical* and look at those cuteness you're giving away! and how exactly can someone knit something as cute as an owl??? :O seriously and the print is so lovelyyy... me want! soo... WHAT A HOOT!
three. THANK YOU SO MUCH for the two songs! They're so adorable! I love, always love florence and the machine, which is why I am right now hoping not to broke my computer by clicking the replay button too much, lolololol... and coldplay is always my favorite! *squeals* :D :D :D
Haha! We are so in the same boat right now. My semester officially ended yesterday; but the last eight weeks have been a flurry of tests, projects, and totally weird assignments that have left my head spinning. And forced me to become a total night owl. :P
What a hoot! What a hoot! What a hoot! LOVE this Giveaway! And, of course, I'm a follower! :)
cafefashionista@yahoo.com
"What a hooooooot"!!!!
I am in love with the dictionary Owl, that is too neat, and I have the perfect frame for that bad baby!
Thanks to my mum, I'm a night owl. She used to always stay up, and I would notice her light on around 1 am. she would be reading books, magazines.. or online reading, and I somehow started to copy her. Thankfully I have been going to bed before 12:30, I don't know how long that's going to work out for this night owl, there are soo many great blogs out there to read and not nearly enough time!
Ps. consider me a follower!
♥
what a hoot, cute! i am a night owl too but totally not a morning person!
What a hoot!!
This is too cute :)
llschriver@gmail.com
And yes, I'm a follower
Of course I follow your blog. You are one of my favorites!
What a hoot!
I think that you should include beanies and arm warmers in your knit shop.
What a hoot!! haha love the name. Congrats on the shop!
I'm so obsessed with that new Coldplay song. The first time I heard it, I thought it was really different for them, but I'm not one of those diehard fans that gets angry when they do something a little different lol
What a hoot!
Rachael
Post a Comment