a few of my favourite things
Suddenly it's the second last month of the year and the days feel shorter and darker. My cough has become one of those guests that overstay their welcome and just when you think it's gone, it pops up again in the form of a nasty 3-minute coughing session (but thank you, thank you, thank you for the get well soon wishes, they made me feel warm and cozy!). But on the bright side there's plenty of things keeping me happy and healthy-ish, so here's a few of my favourite things:
In the blurry background you can see the amount of leftover Halloween candy
(we had zero children come to our door).
(we had zero children come to our door).
Holidays Cups: OK, I'll admit I was going to write "coffee" but thought that would be obvious. Starbucks has come out with their holiday cups and I had my first one today (peppermint mocha, yippee)! Yet, I'll admit, I'm a bit "why now?" when I walked into Zellers (the Canadian version of Target) and heard cheesy Christmas tunes blaring and when I headed downtown and saw three people walking around with Santa hats on. I'm all for Christmas cheer and all that, just wasn't expecting it so early!
Shellac 'em!: After my eye exam yesterday, my mama and I had a bit of a "girls day out" and decided to get a manicure with Shellac! I'm prone to biting/picking at my nails (the grossest habit ever) so knowing this'll last fourteen days makes me happy. The cute lady who did my nails said, "Next time you bring hand to mouth just slap away with your other hand and say, 'NO!'" Considering I pretty much have no nails this is only the second manicure I've ever had and I kinda like 'em :)
Warm Hugs Scarf Swap: The lovely Leesh and Elisse (who just celebrated two years of blogging) held an amazing scarf swap that included a packet of a warm beverage to enjoy. I was partnered up with Lori and received my package earlier this week and love the infinity scarf she sent me (seen in the pic above)! Thank you so much, and thanks to Leesh and Elisse for hosting this!
Cozies: This is a bit of a shameless plug, but I'm absolutely adoring the cup cozies that we're whipping up for mine, my mom's, and my sister's design shop! While our etsy shop is still empty, stay tuned; and thanks to everyone who responded to my little 'survey': honeybean designs is coming soon :)
This might just be the weirdest combination of photos I've ever put together.
Henry Cavill is very angry with the leaves.
Crunching leaves: Seeing as one of the most popular Facebook groups is called "I Will Go Slightly Out of My Way To Step On That Crunchy-looking Leaf", I know I'm not alone in getting excited over seeing a sidewalk absolutely littered with bright-coloured leaves ... and then jumping all over them to find the crunchiest-sounding one.
Immortals: Even though seeing this film on opening night made me and The Boy promise to never again see a film on opening night because of how chattery/giggly the crowd seemed to be (and it's a promise I might keep since there's no more midnight releases of Harry Potter), I really enjoyed this film. It's not the typical Greek mythology film because it really concentrates on gorgeous visuals and slow-mo gore (OK, maybe that last part is typical); it makes me wonder how it would look like in 3D since we opted for the 2D version. Since Henry Cavill stars in it, it was pretty much a given I was going to like this film. And then the second I saw Klaus from The Vampire Diaries pop onto the screen, The Boy and I both looked at each other and went, "Yup, I like this movie." Don't expect a masterpiece, but expect a good story and pretty things to stare at (including, but not limited to, half-naked men).
Aside from all that, it's going to be a hopefully relaxing rest of the weekend ... I start officially teaching in my gr8 classroom this Tuesday so I need to start planning (and wishing and hoping and dreaming and praying that I do okay my first few days) and maybe watch a movie or two.
Immortals: Even though seeing this film on opening night made me and The Boy promise to never again see a film on opening night because of how chattery/giggly the crowd seemed to be (and it's a promise I might keep since there's no more midnight releases of Harry Potter), I really enjoyed this film. It's not the typical Greek mythology film because it really concentrates on gorgeous visuals and slow-mo gore (OK, maybe that last part is typical); it makes me wonder how it would look like in 3D since we opted for the 2D version. Since Henry Cavill stars in it, it was pretty much a given I was going to like this film. And then the second I saw Klaus from The Vampire Diaries pop onto the screen, The Boy and I both looked at each other and went, "Yup, I like this movie." Don't expect a masterpiece, but expect a good story and pretty things to stare at (including, but not limited to, half-naked men).
Aside from all that, it's going to be a hopefully relaxing rest of the weekend ... I start officially teaching in my gr8 classroom this Tuesday so I need to start planning (and wishing and hoping and dreaming and praying that I do okay my first few days) and maybe watch a movie or two.
What are a few of your fave things right now?
What are you up to this weekend? :)
Hope it's a great one!




A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
18 comments:
omaigot omaigot omaigot !!!! I AM WEARING THE SAME NAIL COLOUR AS YOURS AT THIS VERY MOMENT!!! I cant wear nail polish during work days, so whenever I'm off I wear different colours!
I'm part of that Facebook group!! Haha
opening night for movies is horrible! there's way too many people and some of them are super rude!
love the nail color and the scarf! i haven't received my pkg yet but hoping to get something this week.
i don't drink coffee, but i'm i could still use those cute crocheted cup holders for my tea and hot chocolate!
i'm curious to see what your scarf was, since i love infinity ones! :) sorry, so nosy!
I don't think I've seen or heard of cup cozies, but I'm sure I'd be using them all the time if I had any!
("This might just be the weirdest combination of photos I've ever put together." HAHAHAHAA!)
Oh Nikolett, I love you and your posts :)
You should visit Manila. Christmas tunes start blaring out the malls' speakers the moment September 1 comes XD
I had my first Holiday cup last night when I went out with my friends after the Coca-Cola Caravan/ Giant Christmas Tree Lighting and it was the first time I tried toffee nut-latte, I liked it :)
I wish it gets cold enough here to wear scarves :(
I love stepping on crunchy leaves, too! Haha I must join that group!
Good luck on your classes, m'lady! And I'm excited for honeybean designs!! ♥
I had an epic weekend and I will blog about it after this. Barely got any sleep over the weekend so my body screamed for an afternoon nap and I just woke up :D
Ohmigosh, is the cozy you're using in the picture one that you made? I NEED! :)
EEEkkk! Nikolett! Why haven't I been following your blog sooner!! Love what I'm seeing so far :D
Thanks for the shout out about the Scarf Swap - it was fun to co-host, and I hope Leesh and I do it again next year!
Happy Sunday, girl!
xo
I was just going to demand you tell me where you got your cup warmer from!! Hurry Hurry I need one asap =D
I had my first cup of peppermint hot chocolate this weekend from Starbucks this weekend. It was delicious! I'm looking forward to trying more from their menu.
I've heard lots about shellac. I'm thinking of trying it soon. Heard it's better than acrylic/gel nails.
Loving that knitted cup cover-up. It´s perfect this season. :)
That cup cozie is cute. I can't wait to see what you will be selling at your etsy shop.
Thanks again for participating in the scarf swap. Everyone seems to be happy with what they received. I like the scarf you got. It looks like everyone is loving infinity scarves.
I heard Immortals is gory. Hubby thinks it might be too much for me to handle but I think I still want to watch it. I also just heard that Klaus is in it.
I pretty much slept all weekend. I guess I was really tired from the week.
what a cute cozie! i love shellac mani's too!
LOVE your blog! I will definitely be following. That might be the cutest cup cozy ever. :)
<3Chelsea Elizabeth
This is the first time I've seen a holiday cup cover - sooo cute!! Really want to see Immortals now that you've mentioned it
ACcckk! I'm so behind on everyone but i'm excited to see that you've already come up with a name for your future shop. I'm so excited to see what cute things you three will come up with! :D DUDE - before marriage, W and I went to movies every week and usually on opening night but now we've stopped b/c a) it's expensive b) busy time of the year and i'm kind of glad because like you said, the crowds can get so giggly and chatty and many little kiddies are just excited they're out past curfew. haha! Not to mention, movies are so expensive nowadays! :(
So were the 8th grades nice to you for... your first time teaching alone??? (is it?)
I keep hearing about The Immortals but haven't even seen the previews yet. Sigh. It totally seems like a movie I'd love!
I love the mug-warmer! I came across your blog via Cafe Fashionista and have followed it on and off...love reading about your little adventures! We don't have Starbucks in India (yet,) but I know a coffee shop which makes a pretty nice ginger cookie latte during the holiday season. It's not as nice as the gingerbread latte, but pretty good all the same :)
Post a Comment