Pages

switching to the dark side

As I'm typing this, a flurry of snow is breezing by my window (and actually sticking to the ground). It's a pretty sight, especially when you're home sick and coughing up your lungs and you're wrapped up in layers of sweaters and blankets. All I need is some hot cocoa, mmm... it definitely brings me into that 'tis the season kind of mood: so if you'd like to exchange Christmas cards, let me know! You can email me at betterthancoffee[at]gmail.com or just leave a comment with your email and I'll contact you! I'll be sending out all the Christmas cards by December 12th so hopefully they'll get to you on time!

Aside from that, I have a wee bit of a confession to make: I've switched to the dark side. And not because of the cookies. This is actually a product which apparently keeps the doctor away every day if you have it. OK, enough with the vagueness. I finally got an iPod Touch ... my first Apple product ever. I've always shied away from them, only using them at my university for editing videos. But my mp3 player was slowly dying and after spying on all the apps my mom had on hers, I was pretty much convinced it'd be my next mp3 player. I found a sale on Friday for it, and I've already taken a bunch of photos on it :) And I'm hooked on Tap Tap Revenge, Pretty Pet Salon, and Words with Friends. Help me.

Here's a look at my life lately, through photos: 

Saturday was spent taking a good ol' road trip with The Boy for some accordion shopping! He's been eyeing one for a while as his First. Ever. Instrument. (pretty brave choice, huh?) and had a shop in mind and a lady from Kijiji to visit so I decided to join him for some sugar-high, caffeine-induced, accordion-shopping (and learned The Art of Negotiation in the meantime). We were almost considering purchasing the lovely silver one above except the son of the shop gave us a much lower price and then the father came around and upped the price $50 ("Oh yes, we'll set you up with a nice case, too") so we decided to get the lovely one below:


There's my Movember Man holding his new-ish accordion! The lady we got it from was a bit of a crazy cat lady (she had 6 cats and 5 strays she fed) and had a shrine to Elvis in her kitchen (I am not even kidding) but she was really sweet. So far The Boy's still learning the basics but I really want him to learn La Valse d' Amelie from Amelie so hopefully that happens in the next year or two :D


Once we got back to our city we decided to hit up this restaurant we've been eyeing for a while and got the large fish & chips - it was a huge portion and the owner let us sample the country-style fries too, which were pretty darn yummy in my tummy. 


It was also my mama's birthday on Saturday, and so I helped myself to a slice or two of this cake this weekend (which doesn't look so appetizing in that yellow-ish hue but it was delicious). 


Apart from that, my life has been pretty much taken over by teaching a grade 8 class for my teaching block at teacher's college. When I told my students that Dec 9th would be my last day, I was pretty touched that they all looked upset and asked why I couldn't just stay the whole year :) On Monday we had a bunch of errands to run at lunch which my teacher couldn't make it to due to a meeting, so me and the high school co-op student who was volunteering hit up a bunch of stores and got ourselves some bubble tea!


I decided to take today off since I've been hit with illness (AGAIN.) and really needed a day to recuperate. I woke up to an adorable "get well soon" e-card from The Boy and SNOW! It was just light flurries at first but now it's actually sticking and making me all giddy. It'll probably all disappear in a couple of hours but I'm on my pretty long to-do list for today is watching "Elf" (since I've never seen it ... don't judge lol) to get me into that Christmas spirit :)

What are you looking forward to in December?
How has your week been so far?

Can't wait to exchange Christmas cards! :) 

btemplates

13 comments:

Nashe^ said...

Accordion... oh my. I haven't seen one of those in years!
It's December already and I'm looking forward to finally being able to do nothing all day. The year has been an immensely busy and fast one!

Anonymous said...

LOL your bf and the accordian made me laugh :D

awesome pics and congrats on the new gadget. i heard plants vs zombies is also a very good game ;)

L said...

I never understood the obsession but I finally got my own iPod touch in April and was immediately in love... I miss the city and bubble tea and other delicious treats. Yum.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

i just love my iphone, so i am sure you are loving the touch! this december i'm looking forward to no snow...lol. it's been so warm here- crazy!

happy hour 24/7 said...

november and december are my busiest times of the year because of year end staff evaluations i have to do. but i'm looking forward to two weeks off traveling out of the country! woot! woot! YES to the ipod touch!

Sara Strand said...

I just got an iPhone and I feel dirty about it and I don't know why. I feel like an asshole every time I pull it out of my purse. :)

And you are already on my Xmas card list... except I'm only making a few cards each day.. they are a bit more labor intensive than I thought they would be.

erika sorocco said...

Welcome to the Dark Side, Nikolett! I bought an iPhone 4S about a month ago, and I am never seen without it anymore. LOVE Apple! :)

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Awww you and the boy are sooooo adorable. I have yet to to hold my very first Apple product but I do see having one in the near future, especially after reading this post. =) Get well soon babe.

Leesh said...

yay for getting an iPod Touch. You should play Bakery Story since you like coffee and desserts. The stupid game is so addicting, well, any game where I can unlock levels is addicting for me.

I have been craving bubble tea for some time now but I hold off because it's too cold outside. For some reason, Btea is just awesome when it's hot outside. Since you are not feeling well, have you ever tried hot Btea?

Hope you are having a nice weekend and are feeling better now.

Katy said...

I'm a Blackberry user but I think Apple products are great! They're pretty and the usability is amazing.

Glee said...

I like to imagine how you look so cozy and inspired with the snow on the background. :)

Elisse said...

Welcome to the Apple nation. I would make a killing running support groups for Apple product addicts. Instead I continue to feed my own iPhone addiction. Does your iPod have a camera? Get Instagram. Like. Now.

Kristen said...

For some silly reason, I can't comment on your post from today... but Love Actually, in my opinion, is one of the BEST ever Christmas movies. Another great "non classic" is the Holiday. Oh how I love that movie.

I've been sick the past 10 days... ugh. I enjoy wearing jammies all day, eating dumpling soup, and making people wait on me :)