the best of 2011
The year of 2011 was definitely full of those "BIG" moments for me. I traveled to B.C. to see my sister getting married, I traveled to Europe for a month in August, and was accepted into teacher's college, my next step towards my hopefully full-time career. But of course, there were also those little moments that made the transitions between those big milestones memorable and kept me smiling in a year plagued by illness (food poisoning and being ill for a month? Yeah, definitely not planning on doing those again anytime soon).
Around this time last year I posted my 'year of 2010' review, and it's honestly amazing that two of my 'small' dreams (getting into teacher's college and Europe) came true. My dreams for next year? Go to Vancouver again to see my new niece or nephew and my family, hopefully graduating successfully from teacher's college and finding a job (pretty please?) and keep up the happiness with me and The Boy and my friends and family. As for my resolutions? That's for next post ;)
What was your most memorable part of 2011?
What are you looking forward to next year?
And everyone wish the lovely Kathy at vodka and soda a Happy Birthday! :)
Now, it's time for a recap - backwards!
Now, it's time for a recap - backwards!
DECEMBER has tugged at my heartstrings; I had to say bye to my amazing grade 8 classroom, but am finally on a deserved two-week break and I've already gotten to catch up with my closest friends in the form of an Ugly Christmas Party (we're rocking 'em above) and getting to spend more time with The Boy and my family in the form of Christmas dinners and movie nights. I honestly don't want to go back to classes. And we finally got snow, whoopah!
And November-January are found under the cut! :)
NOVEMBER became the month of instagram haha. A 'Black Friday' sale made its way to Canada and I finally awarded myself with an iPod touch (for passing my G2); I documented a road trip to get The Boy an accordion, roses part of a 'get well soon' package, and making some lesson plans with Booster Juice by my side. It was a pretty calm month overall ... since I became horribly sick (boo).
SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER were taken over by school, but I managed to celebrate my birthday (which is technically August 31st but shhh), have random days on the beach, have Thanksgiving dinner, and pizza-making nights with The Boy :) Plus I dressed up like Misty for my school's Halloween day, passed my G2 driving test, and had a pretty nerve-wrecking filmed twenty-minute lesson in front of my faculty advisors that I did really well on, too :)
AUGUST was the month of Europe. It is still impossible to narrow it down to just a few photos (the above collage took a good 25 minutes of, "well that picture is nice, oooo look at the architecture"). Going to the local shops for ice cream, exploring beautiful cities, getting to see the Danube almost every single day, and meeting The Boy's family for the first time all made up for lost luggage and food poisoning. Definitely one of the most incredible months of my life.
JULY was full of working at my usual summer school job, celebrations (Canada Day, birthdays) and catching up with friends I haven't seen in forever over BBQs and Summerlicious (an amazing event in Toronto). I got to explore behind waterfalls, sit on a sandy beach and watch the sky explode with colour, and plan for Europe :)
JUNE was full of The Boy's birthday, going to Unionville for a festival with my close friend (I MISS YOU, COME BACK TO CANADA), almost being thrown off the end of a pier, and seeing kickass license plates (yes, seeing ARAGORN on the back of car is a highlight for me ... I am lame lol).
MAY was another incredible month for two main reasons - seeing my sister getting married to J which meant traveling to B.C. for a week, and celebrating three years with The Boy! This time my parents came along for the touristy things like Whistler, and I got see the amazing Kym/Cats again for some jumping photos (a classic). I can't wait to go back to Vancouver again.
MARCH/APRIL were more lowkey, but I didn't mind it. With friends and The Boy I explored new restaurants and new cupcakeries, drank a ton of Starbucks and bubble tea, and went on a random hike. I had no school and was taking it easy job-wise apart from web-designing, so it was relaxing.
JANUARY/FEBRUARY was full of doing what I love - I was part of my university's 'television' show on YouTube so I got to film at a really cool snowboarding event (do you see me crouching with the furry hood in that photo?) and heading to Toronto to celebrate a close friend's birthday. A great first few months of 2011.
And now, it's the end of 2011! Tomorrow I'm heading to Toronto for New Year's (anyone want to meet up at midnight? haha) and spending the first week of January playing more catch-up with friends I've missed during our busy school months.
Hoping you have a safe & eventful New Year's
and that 2012 brings joy and love :)











A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
12 comments:
I came across your blog and I just wanted to let you know that I think your outlook on life is refreshing! People strive for the smiles in life and you have them. Thanks for the good read!
Wow, it seems like you had an incredible year! My most memorable moments from 2011 was graduating and then starting college in the city. :)
<3Chelsea Elizabeth
Lovely post! Thanks for stopping by Bits and Pieces! Email me at theblogbitsandpieces@yahoo.com so we can talk blog-design stuff :)
The most memorable part of 2011 i think was at the very beginning for me when i had my faith tested and had the lesson of faith all year. In 2012 I am looking forward to starting an Etsy shop and do more craft (among a dozen other things!) :)
People who enrol in "teacher's college" in my country are guaranteed a teaching job at the end, which results in a lot of people becoming teachers even if they'd rather be doing something else. Good to know you're doing it for the right reasons. :D
Seems like a fantastic year, and you look so pretty in all your photos! Happy 2012 to you!
Oh my goodness looks like you had a fabulous year and love that you went to Europe and that your sis got married!
Also looks like you had many many adventures with the boy, how fun!
I hope 2012 is ever better for you and packed full of many more memories!
Happy New Year my sweet bloggy friend!
you had a fab year! thanks for the bday shout-out. i hope 2012 is packed with lots of more awesome stuff for you and your family. we seriously need to meet ok?
all the best and happy new year!! xoxoxo
Cute pictures :) You had a good year, here's hoping next year is even better!
It looks like you had a great year!! (minus the food poisoning... :( )
love the design of the blog
You didn't know that Zara have a section "home"? we'll you should go because have perfect stuff
Like your sister, you had a great year. I hope you have another awesome year for 2012. You know what will make it awesome? You will finally get to meet me and Kat :) lol!!!
You definitely had a packed 2011! I hope this year brings you the best. <3<3
Man, I want to get an iPhone just so I can do a 365 this year... and use Instagram. I can't live without my Blackberry's keyboard but the camera just won't do...
Post a Comment