hi, my name is...
I feel like I need to reintroduce myself on here after leaving this blog on the back burner (secretly hoping that I'd visit and the blog design would completely change on its own - but yay for a little facelift!). So, howdy! My name's Nikolett, though it's more of a nickname. I'm an almost 24-year old and I still feel a little at odds with the world, although I yearn to see as much of it as possible. And I think it's safe to say that my caffeine addiction is still safely (?) intact.
This time last year I was marveling at the shallow but beautiful waters of Lake Balaton in Hungary, and am now fully regretting not purchasing the Nikolett 'license plate' that I noticed at a vendor. For my Wednesday Wish, I wish I could just magically teleport or time machine-myself back to last year and relive my vacation in Europe whenever my thoughts turn into daydreams.
Hungarian cuisine on the left; and a DIY ponytail holder on windy days.
My postcard of Lake Balaton.
This time, this year? Well, I'm safe and sound in Ontario, trying to find a job in the education field and also ready to jumpstart my web/graphics design company after years of maybe/maybe not. Soaking up summer as best as I can is my main objective these days since the whole finding a job part is turning into a morbid and depressing scenario.
Apart from that, I've been addicted to watching the London Olympics 2012 (Team Canada was robbed in women's soccer, I'm just saying) and slowly morphing into a gym rat - the endorphin rush you feel after a workout is better than coffee for me (: What have you been up to lately?
I'm so excited to make this place more alive again and talk about things on a more daily basis rather than just dumping whatever's happened in the course of 2-3 weeks. Thanks for sticking by me & coming back to read!
Where do you wish you were this Wednesday?
Hope it's a great day!





A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
11 comments:
Yayay! Welcome back, Nikolett!
Gah! You always look so adorbs in pictures - I love your hair!
At this moment, I would like to be anywhere that is not 111* degrees. Honestly, I'm done with heat and summer - bring on fall!!! :)
I'm so glad you're back! :) We've missed you!
I wish I were in my bed right now. No where special other than that really. Although being in a super comfortable hotel bed would be nice too ;)
That cute little name plate is adorable, you should have picked it up. Is there someone who can still get it for you and mail it?
I am so glad you are back in the game. I've missed you but at least I can still see what you have been up to through Twitter and Instagram.
Right now, on this Wednesday, I wish I was back in Mexico at the resort I was at in June...on second thought, maybe not there since a hurricane is about to whip through there. I will take NYC or Vegas for today... I just want to be anywhere else but work.
I so wish I was back in the French Riviera... exactly a month ago I left France to come home but I still miss it every day!
Good luck with the design company!
welcome back!!! your posts have been missed.
love the new facelift and you're going to rock with your web graphics company. i may have a potential client :) i was going to do it myself but you're way better than me.
i wish i could take a nap!! i'm tired from my workout because it was too long :(
THANK GOD YOU'RE BACK. I tried to email you the other day to see how you were doing because you had gone MIA but hello- your email isn't in my contact list?? How the hell is that even possible?!?! But YAY for being back! You were definitely missed :)
Amsterdam. Always Amsterdam :) But I can't complain since I'm spending the month in Whistler.
I love you Nikolett and reading new posts from you just makes me so happy! :D
I'm more than okay especially now that the sun is back! Plus it's my last day with HSBC tomorrow and I'll be starting a new job on Monday --- one that will involve blogs, research, and being online all day (things I love doing even when I'm spending my rest days at home hehe). Wish you can jump back to blogging your daily (or weekly) exploits again! Kisses from Manila! ♥
Love the new blog! Welcome back :)
Even though it's Thursday, I wish I was on a beach. Too much rain the last little while :|
@ Erika: Thanks so much, Erika! My hair is being finicky at the moment but thank you :) It's been a bit cooler here lately, hope it's not as humid in your neck of the woods! And I'm so looking forward to my first pumpkin spice latte of the fall.
@ Rachel: Thank youuu! Ahh, yes, being in bed is definitely one of my favourite places to be, especially on a rainy day. Hope you got to relax :)
@ Leesh: Ahh, I wish! The Boy's sister lives in Hungary so I could always ask her if she ever pops into that city; or I'll have to wait until the next time I visit. And I want to go with you on these fantasy trips, they sounds amazing ;)
@ Nashe: Oooo, I've never gone to the French Riviera, it sounds so beautiful though. And thank you, I need the luck!
@ Kathy: Thanks so much! I've missed blogging too, but mostly I've missed reading other blogs on the regular (like yours!). And thanks again for that potential client :)
@ Smart Ass Sara: I LOVE YOUUU. My email is betterthancoffee[at]gmail.com, if you ever want to throw me one! Missed you lots, lady.
@ Margarita: Please take me with you next time, I want to see Amsterdam so badly. Miss you!
@ krissy: I love you too! So excited for your new job, it sounds like something you'll really LOVE to to do and major props to you for taking the initiative and going out and doing what you love.
@ Bree: Thanks so much!! And yeah, I agree ... I've wanted to go to the beach for a while but the rain seems to like to spoil that. Hope we both get beach days soon!
Post a Comment