and you may ask yourself ...
What the heck have I been up to that I only post an average of once per week? I wish I could tell you I was off on some Hawaiian vacation (hope you've had a blast, Mayra!), but I guess going to the beach is close enough, right? And I wish I could tell you that it's been a ridiculously happy week, but planning your funeral (for a class!) is no easy task. Sitting there, thinking about your body in some coffin while people say goodbye? Well, it causes me to get way overemotional, so all I've wanted to do is surround myself with friends and be alive.
By the way, if you're wondering, my funeral is going to have a closed casket, shots of strawberry-kiwi juice with vodka, and a eulogy that refers to my dead body in the present tense because I can't bear people thinking of me in the past tense. A+ coming my way?
Awkward segway is awkward. But I'm switching gears to talk about this blog. The truth is, I'm at a bit of a standstill right here. Everything is kind of up in the air, and there's nothing wrong with that. I want to give this place a makeover, but other priorities come first. I want to know what keeps you coming here, but know that I'll always be myself through every post I write.
I think right now I just need to take a few steps back but that doesn't mean I'm going anywhere. No siree bob. I'll be trying to post as much as I can with no particular themes in mind. At the tender age of twenty-one, I've come to realize who I am in all of my craziness but I still have trouble finding my 'writing voice'. I think years of fan-fiction has impaired that voice significantly (but if you're ever in the mood for some Harry Potter fanfiction, I'm your girl). Anyhoos, I'm not too sure where I'm going with this but I just hope you can bear with me and I want you to know how much I appreciate you all, connecting with you, and having you here to read my nonsense. :)
And now, a little recap of how I spent my friend's birthday before I head off to celebrate Father's Day! :)
Headed to the beach, where the waters looked tropical.
Took some pictures with The Boy :)
I can haz cheezburger & Greek pasta salad?
Sought shelter under a tree (unsuccessfully) and then underneath a Filipino hammock with three other ladies (successfully) when the sky turned to this and a huge rainstorm came!
Took some silly pictures once the rain cleared up (the birthday girl is underneath my head hehe).
Posed with my amazing friend while wearing the skirt I won thanks to the BonBon Rose Girls (and Ruche)! Thank youuuu so much :)
Pretended we were the cast of Friends on vacation (I pick Chandler!).
Made a campfire and nom nom nom'ed on a s'more.
And then took a gazillion pictures of the rainbow that came after the storm.
And here comes the inevitably cheesy message that there's always beauty after a storm, just like there's usually happy moments that come after a downpour of bad times. So I hope you're all happy, or will get to be happy soon :)
What have you been thinking about lately?
And what keeps you happy? :)
Hope you've had a great weekend!











A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
20 comments:
goodness, what i've been thinking about are still the same things, thesis and le boy and that's all, oh, and how to spam my follower's timeline on twitter, lol.
I love those pictures! Especially the silly one at the beach! :D
Planning a funeral? Now that is depressing. I would want an openbar at mine too, and cake.
Anyhoo, going to the beach sounds lovely! Wonder what you've been up to, missy, gotta read back :D
total A++++ for you for sure. except what an AWFUL thing to have to even think about!! ACK!
don't you ever worry about the blog or us! we will always be here, if you post once a week or once a year. It doesn't matter, we come here for you no matter how often the updates take place. Life comes first always- family, friends, school,work, priorities...then if there is some open room then comes the blog.
I hope you enjoy today with your family and I am wishing your father a fabulous day!
looking forward to any changes you make to the blog and your next post...no matter when that is! :)
I'm thinking about how god damn lucky you are that you have a beach near you. We do but the water never is warmer than 40 degrees and the sand is full of semen. Yes- semen. Gross.
And I come here because you are fab. And I am secretly hoping that when you and The Boy get married I get to be flower girl. And I promise that I won't flash my undies. ;)
Oh, hello, it's lovely seeing a post here! :) YOU keep bringing me back here... knowing you has been awesome, so I like knowing what you're thinking or doing in your life, even if it's nothing per say.
As long as you continue doing that, I'm okay with waiting till you find your voice.
Lovely pictures.
P.S: The skirt is too pretty!
dear boy,
I really wished you were here with me so that i can hug you and take photos with you like nikolett & her boy.
Oh wait, wrong place :p
Looks like you had much more fun than i did, so that's awesome hehe.
Planning your funeral? Umm...Errr...Did I miss something?
What keeps me coming back to your blog? Well, I love your blog. =)
Oh by the way, I heart your outfit, it's so cute and girly
Well that sounds like a fun funeral to me. You made me plan for mine instantly. Hahaha. One thing's for sure though, I want everyone in their tailored dresses, high heels, gloves, and big hats. :)
That beach is beautiful, by the way! And look at you, you're all summer-y already! Enjoy the season! As for me, I can't wait for the rainy season. The weather here is killing me slowly, really.
Beautiful beach photos, Nikolett! And your skirt is so pretty, may I borrow it some time? :D
i had a great time...thanks for thinking of me! and now that i'm back, i'm trying to catch up with everyone before i bombard ya'll with pictures and recaps.
please know it's normal and more than okay to not know where you're going with your blog. life is always more important and you especially deserve to live your fullest. whatever you decide and however many posts you post, know you are loved and we will continue to be here reading your next word.
happy monday my dear! xoxo.
oohhh a rainbow, i love seeing rainbows at the beach, feels magical sort of
Looks like a lovely weekend! I was at the beach too :)
Just keep writing, you're great, but remember, you're ALMOST 22 HA HA HA. So there. :)
Looks like you had a wonderful time!! Your skirt is so pretty =)
despite the cheesiness, i actually needed to hear that - "happy moments after a downpour of bad times" - it's just been stressful lately but i'm waiting for the 'rewards' haha! ;D
That skirt is SOOOOOOO pretty on you lady!!!
wow!! looks like you had a grand time!!! that beach has a breath taking view!! wow.. i wish i can be there right now.. oh and btw, i really adore your skirt! so pretty! :D
Animated Confessions
I have way too much to be happy about lately. It's gonna be a great summer!!! :-)
It's understandable that you need a break from blogging now and again, especially during the summer time! I love your fun summer beach pics, your skirt is too cute and I love the rainbow and beach picture, it's perfect!
Loving the Ruche skirt! Found your blog through the BonBon Rosebud network, and just wanted to say hello.
Post a Comment