Pages

my week in a nutshell

Here's what I've been up to in the last week, with the moments divided up into lists of the 'good' and the 'not-so-good', or just plain weird. Hope you've all been doing well!

ROMANTIC: Cuddled up in bed with The Boy and watching Buffy, and at that moment where you see Buffy and Angel kiss, I feel a pair of lips pressed to my arm and I smile, thinking that he's kissing my arm. 

NOT-SO-ROMANTIC: Realizing that it's not exactly a kiss but him drooling on my arm because he's fallen asleep since we're watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer at 1am. 

COOL: Sitting on the bus after my night class test on the way to my boyfriend's place to celebrate his birthday (yay, happy birthday!) and it's all dark and I'm on the verge of spacing out when I see this bright light strike my eyes that's coming from the other end of the bus and I think maybe I'm about to have a wicked daydream.

NOT-SO-COOL: Realizing that 'bright light' is in fact a woman (I'm still unable to guess her age) who had the bleachiest blonde hair I've ever seen which contrasted with her wrinkly tanned skin and her black/sparkly Ed Hardy shirt (I'm not even kidding). Her hair was blinding.

YAY FAMILY MOMENT: Eating breakfast and then my Dad comes downstairs and goes, "Good morning!" (Seriously, this is a yay family moment.)

NOT-SO-YAY FAMILY MOMENT: Getting up to clean dishes and then Dad proceeds into a lecture about where to place towels in the bathroom when I'm taking a shower ... blergh.

YES, I'M WEIRD: Both on Saturday and Tuesday at two different friends' houses, the first beverage I ask for if they ask me if I'm thirsty is milk. I've always been a milk drinker. 

YES, IT GETS WEIRDER: So my friend gave me a glass of milk and I chugged it in less than twenty seconds. She looked up and went, "You're already finished?" and then asked if I wanted a refill ... I made sure to drink that second glass slowly so I wouldn't rid her of all her milk.

PRIORITIES: My midterm is finally done and so this month will be full of planning my funeral (a project for my night class) and designing a site for Kym, aka herrohachi, whoop!

"SHE NEEDS TO SORT OUT HER PRIORITIES": I'm graduating this upcoming Monday afternoon but all I can think about is going to Canada's Wonderland on Saturday and riding the rollercoasters and hope that there's no rain so we can go on as many rides as possible.

And now, for a list of places I'd like to be today rather than go to night class:
(consider this my Wednesday Wishes on a Thursday haha)

Any of these places. Let's also add Poland, Vancouver, Hungary, Indonesia, and Philippines to that list! {picture via here}

Stopping to smell the gorgeous flowers. {image via here}

Or maybe just going back to sleep so I can continue that dream with the Supernatural brothers (it was ridiculously odd though and involved them getting diseases, but no matter). {via here}

Or having a sweet backyard office called an archipod to do some designing in. {more info here}

More than anything, I want to dip my feet into the water and run around with my friends while watching the sunset. {photo via here}

Where would you rather be right now? 
Remember to be happy where you are, though!

I was really surprised to see I wasn't alone on my views about teenagers - it's weird because, although when I look back now I know I was a crazy teenage lady, but I grew from it (for the most part), and I guess I just fear teenagers nowadays won't learn? I dunno (ahh Manju, us and our 'i dunno' phrase haha).

Ah, I can't wait for the weekend. I have a feeling this month is going to go by as fast as May did and that worries me in a way, but I know I have lots to look forward to ... and hopefully a trip to Europe by the time August rolls around! Hope you all have a great Thursday!

btemplates

23 comments:

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

I'd rahter be on a BEACH...preferably Fiji, Hawaii, or some Caribbean island. Happy ALMOST Friday! So glad you entered my giveaway! :)

Linda said...

i wanna be in seattle.. because been first on my travel list for a while now.
or madison to visit a friend.

the part about your bf and buffy made me laugh out loud

the girl in stiletto said...

i'd rather be in the arm of le boy. sigh. i miss him.

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

I WANT TO BE LAYING ON THE BEACH IN GREECE and as for that romantic bit- that's freaking adorable, even the non-romantic part :)

Leesh said...

I'm at work and I can't keep my eyes open so right at this moment, I would rather be in my bed. I do also want to be on a beach, anywhere in the world...but wait...I will be on a beach next Saturday.

I love the format of this post - the good and the not-so-good. Great idea.

Unknown said...

I bet you're SUPER excited for Monday! Congrats again hun. Look at you soon-to-be graduate :)-

What a wonderful list. I LOVE it when you share things like this. You made me giggle with the drool. Gotta enjoy cuddling though.

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

I LAUGHED when I read about the drooling! Oh my goodness, what a situation. Did you tell him or did you keep it to yourself??
Loved the inspirational pictures. All the colored textures on the bed are beautiful.

Lissa said...

I want to be in London right now. I miss that city so bad, it's ridiculous. x.x Or back home works too, but I'll be there in just a little over a month, so it's not that long a wait.

Katy said...

Love this entry and the format you put it in. I love milk too but I always feel guilty drinking it because it's high in fat ... and I really can't stand skim milk. It sounds weird but I lovee drinking hot milk. Mmm.

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I would totally be okay being somewhere in the Caribbean right now. Perhaps Jamaica?

bananas. said...

i literally snorted when i read the first part about your bf passing out on you. sounds so much like my bf!!! i'm always nagging him for passing out during shows/movies.

Monster Girl said...

I'd rather be in New York!

Haha, drool. Hey, did you know that apparently Lady Gaga's hair is so bright because her grandma can't see well so can always see Lady Gaga because of her hair and because she doesn't wear pants?

Yeah.

krissy ♥ said...

Yay you wanna visit the Philippines! I'll be waiting for you at the airport when you do :D

Unknown said...

Sounds an eventful week!

I'd rather be back where I was this time last year; getting excited about embarking on a 3 week tour around Europe and a Spanish music festival!

But, I suppose, as it's very sunny here at the moment, I'm happy.

Happy weekend!

erika sorocco said...

Haha! I love this post! And Buffy...I used to think I WAS Buffy!!

Hmmm...right now I'd rather be strolling along a boardwalk with a cute boy. Ice cream, of course, would be involved. Now I just have to find a cute boy! :P

adventure grrl said...

Love your blog!!! And I wish that was my bed, so pur-dy :)

littletiara said...

I'm BACK! and you're the first one ever to receive a comment from me after a long break I (forced to) have, haha! :D

and I love those pictures as usual, of course! And lolololol at the Boy that fell asleep and drool in your arms, hahaha xD

Anonymous said...

I couldn't help by smile when I saw The Philippines on your list. I imagined right away how much fun you, me, and Krissy are going to have! Come over, Nikolett! :)

As for your question, I soooo want to be in Lisbon, Portugal right now! Long story! :)

Anonymous said...

LONDON-with my best friends!

Dropping in a 'hi' and telling you I miss you. What's keeping you? Updates please.
And btw, your advice on my last post that you commented on really felt like it made sense. It was something I needed to hear-so thanks so much. I appreciate all that you do... :)

rachaelgking said...

You know what?

I'm on my couch, at home, with my man and my furbabies...

and there is NOWHERE I'd rather be in the world.

Happy Graduation!!!!

Sara said...

Hello, dream bedroom?

I'd so rather be at the beach right now! I neeed it!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I wouldn't mind being in Paris right now!

Sierra said...

I'd rather be in San Fran with my boyfriend instead of sitting here at work waiting until I can leave, come on already!