a piece of me in june
This month...
I like that I'm starting to have more freedom and relaxation (err, most of the time). Just a couple of days ago I officially graduated from university, diploma and all (of course, my parents are mad that my middle name was omitted from my diploma so I'll have to get a new one, but that's a whole other story). Even though I'm coming back to school for a 1/2 year to do a minor in another subject, it feels good to have accomplished something.
Part of a speech given, which I thought was great given my previous aspiration to be a poet:
"It's a cliché that you should figure out what you love and then figure out how to make a living out of it but it is absolutely true. If you go to work on Monday and you like your job, it doesn't matter how much money you're making - you've won the lotto. Unless, of course, you want to be a poet and that's kind of ridiculous - you'll have to do that on the weekends and get a real job."
Oh, and I didn't trip or fall while crossing the stage, so - go, me! And thanks to everyone who wishes me a happy graduation day :)
Me walking on stage and there's me and The Boy :)
With some fellow graduates :)
My mother and I at the reception.
With The Boy on the left and unexpected gifts from my parents on the right :)
I don't like that on a day of festivity, I got into one of the biggest arguments with my dad because they preferred to go out for a smoke rather than take a picture with me before I returned my gown (which meant no picture with my parents). It resulted in two full days of bickering that I would have rather done without.
I want you to know that I'm really looking forward to the rest of this month - just in the past week I've gone to Canada's Wonderland and graduated and there's a lot more planned birthday-wise and get-together wise that I'm psyched about. Canada's Wonderland was amazingly fun - full of rides, eating, and my friends braving the SkyFlyer and being lifted and dropped hundreds of feet into the air! Such a fun day even though I was ridiculously sunburnt.
In front of the fountains and the mountain and the ... I don't know what else rhymes with those words.
The Drop Zone and a delicious funnel cake my friend shared with us :)
I've planned on doing a lot of designing and website-tweaking over the next few weeks, as well as start and complete my final project for my class ... and to try to have a lot of enjoyable days, too.
I want to say to someone special all my friends graduating - congratulations! And to another - I'm glad I got to meet you.
Sorry I've been a little out of it, but know that I love reading each and every one of your comments and love connected with you all - I'll be back at it soon!
What do you have planned this month?
And how's your hump day going? ;)








A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
23 comments:
I love all the grad photos! Congrats once again :) And that funnel cake looks quite yumym!
omg! congratulations Nikolett dear! ;D
I envy you, you know that? I can't wait to get graduated myself too! Hahaha.. :P
Congrats Nikolett :D
you did it!!!!!!! :D
Congrats! I bet it feels good to have that degree!
Congratulations Nikolett!!! We are all so very proud of you!!! You look so lovely in all these pictures! What a sweet picture of you and your mom! I love it! Beautiful and sweet graduation gifts from them! Hope you are having a nice week! :)
the guy in blue robe in your first photo looks rather hot. sideways. haha.
congrats, love. it's always annoying when your parents manage to spoil some great moments like this. my parents have the same tendency too.
Huge congrats to you doll. I'm toasting you with some virtual bubbly...p.s. Love that flash of leg. HA!
Congrats lover! I also love that you were getting frisky while graduating. Only the best of the best lambwhores do that. ;)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! So excited for you. And for funnel cake. Because I've just decided there needs to be some in my future.
xoxo
I'm so proud of youuuu!!!
Congratulations :) I can't wait for my graduation day too. Hopefully my thesis presentation goes well next week so I can wear cap and gown just like you here haha but the formality wont be here til September though *pouts*
I feel like a proud stage mommy, Nikolett! CONGRATULATIONS! Finally, no more term papers, homework, having to wake up early in the morning and rushing to school. I'm so, so happy for you, you have no idea! :)
Congratulations Nikolett! Aah so amazing, you look really happy in your photos! :) Sad about you're not having a photo with your parents though. Maybe you can just make a collage with all of you in it? :)
Wow I'd love to visit that theme park someday! I love theme parks :D
I love your graduation photos, you look great :) I was so worried about tripping on the stage lol.
Not much planned for this month but we are going away in the last weekend, I'm already far too excited about it :)
Congrats on graduating!!! That is a fantastic accomplishment =)
It looks like you enjoyed celebrating at the Wonderland. And it also sounds like you will have an amazing June!
June is also a good month for me. I'm going to DC, then visiting my family, and spending time with my boyfriend. Relaxing and enjoying life!
Ah, Congratulations on graduating, Nikolett! I'm so incredibly proud of you!
Can I just ask...what is that on the funnel cake? Whipped cream or ice cream? I'd be satisfied with either - yum yum!
Hmmm...I don't know what I have planned this month. I'm flying by the seat of my pants, you could say! :)
Congratulations on your graduation! Does that mean you get to relax and enjoy summer?
I have my annual beach vacation this month. I am leaving tomorrow and I can't wait to read and relax on the beach.
Congrats on graduating! Lovely pictures - you and the Boy are so cute. :)
This month, I'm going to Chernobyl, traipsing around Kiev and Crimea, and graduating! :D I'm so excited.
Hey hey, congrats Nikolett! Lovely pics =)
And I didn't have pictures with my parents during my grad too, coz they wanted to go home early, but oh well. =)
wooohooo! again, so proud of you nikolett. Look at you rockin' that red carpet like some celebrity! hehehe! <3 you've got great things ahead for you.. i'm excited to see more of your work!!
what am i up to this month? a whole lotta madness! hotel site visit tmrw for herrohachi photoshoot, photshoot itself, 3 events, end of the month show, etc, etc. okay, it was tiring just telling you about it. =/
congrats to you girl! :) What an accomplishment!
Congrats sweetie! Yey! I'm super proud of you! Woohoo!!! I hope you're having a lot of fun right now because you soooo deserve it. =) Have a great weekend
CONGRATS! :D You're such a grown up now! (Do I sound like your grandma?) Anyway, the pictures are adorable, as usual, and I loveee the Drop Zone! I experienced something similar when I was in Genting Highlands in Malaysia...it was like an out of the body experience! No exaggerations, here.
I get the feeling we get when our parents sometimes act inconsiderately, but never realize it! All i can say is, I'm glad you're assertive enough to speak out about what means to you. :) It goes without saying that daddies are perhaps, one of the proudest people on their daughter's grad day!
congrats on graduating girl, you deserve a reward for your job well done! sorry about the argument and no pic with your parents, but at least you got it all ironed out, right? enjoy your summer time, yahoo!
Post a Comment