Pages

wednesday wishes: postcard project

For several Wednesdays (though I'll admit, not as many as I'd like), I've been fantasizing about seeing different parts of the world - from a more in-depth look at Warszawa to Ireland to Antigua to across Canada, and more. Though sometimes it's hard to truly get your feet off the ground and explore somewhere new (darn responsibilities), there are certain things that can make you feel like you've been somewhere else, even if you've never stepped foot there. 

One main thing for me? Postcards. I've been collecting postcards for the past two years and feel as though I've been in Singapore, Netherlands, Mauritius, Cambodia, Hungary. And I thought - hey, so many bloggers here are from around the world! Why not unite us - off the Internet - with some postcards? And although this kind of thing has probably been done before, this was born:


What's this all about, you might be asking?
  • Leave a comment (or e-mail me) with a message that contains Your Name, Your E-mail, Your Country, and Any Preference? - if there's a continent or any specific country you'd love to have a postcard from, list it - hopefully we can make it happen, cap'n. And under 'any preference' you can list if you want a silly-ish postcard (if you don't list anything, I'll assume you want a postcard that is country-related!). Example:
    •  Your Name: Nikolett
      Your E-mail: betterthancoffee@gmail.com
      Your Country: Oh, Canada!
      Any Preference?: Anywhere around the world!

  • I'll e-mail you back and ask for a bit more info (address-related), and make up a list (I'll be checking it twice; and the only ones who will see your address are me and the postcard-sender/receiver).
  • I will pair you all up randomly (unless there's a specific preference that I'll try to fulfill - just depends on how many participate!) and send an e-mail to both of you by Thursday, July 8th - so you have about a week to sign up!
  • Then, try to have the postcard sent out to the person by Thursday, July 16th - gives you a week to get the postcard, write it out, and send it out! Then just wait and enjoy the postcard :)
I thought this would be a really neat way to connect with each other; plus, postcards aren't too expensive (and if you want to make your own, by all means go for it!) since I didn't want to make a project that would break the bank.

Depending on how many of you sign up (i.e., if there's quite a few), I'll try to pair you up twice so you send two postcards out and get two postcards back. And, on the flipside (i.e., if there's less of you signing up), I'm going to try my best to send out a postcard to everyone who signs up - I'll let you know if this will happen in about a week. That way you're getting a postcard from Canada whether you like it or not, bwahahaha.

If you want to spread the word and make it so you're paired up twice, you can put one of these buttons on your blog!

275px - for code, use this:




175px - for code, use this:



If anything is unclear or you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask :) It'd be crazy to see how many people across the globe we can unite through a postcard! Hope you're interested and I hope you have an amazing rest of the week!

btemplates

30 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a lovely idea sweets!

Your Name: Kristin
Your E-mail: kristin.alessan@gmail.com
Your Country: USA baby
Any Preference?: Anywhere around the world!

Sara Strand said...

FuN!!

Sara
slinkies_r_us@hotmail.com
USA
Anywhere!

Unknown said...

you know i'm in! :)

btw, thanks for your kind words on my blog... just one of those days... or times... where you wanna pull your hair out or scream on top of a mountain. haha!

Your Name: Kym
Your E-mail: kbanguis@gmail.com
Your Country: Oh, Canada!
Any Preference?: Anywhere around the world!

Maybe i'll try to make my own postcard... postcards here are sometimes kinda boring. haha!

Anonymous said...

Your Name: Margarita
Your E-mail: fabbrunette@gmail.com
Your Country: Oh, Canada!
Any Preference?: Europe!

littletiara said...

yayness!! :D finaly it's up! Haha...

Name: Tiara
email: tiara_purnomo@yahoo.fr
your country: Indonesia :D
Preference: Europe? Or anywhere, but I'd love to get Europe, hehehehe

Emma :) said...

Mmmm I know I'm not a regular around here but this sounds like fun, so count me in :)

Name: Emma
Email: emma.crighton@hotmail.com
I live: England
Preference: Anything :D

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Very fun!

Your Name: Jaime
Your E-mail: laviejaime@gmail.com
Your Country: USA
Any Preference?: Anywhere!

Christine said...

Love this idea! =]

Name: Christine
E-mail: tine.jc@gmail.com
Country: Mauritius!
Any Preference?: Anywhere!

Essence B. said...

Your Name: Essence
Your E-mail: purple_hummingbird004@yahoo.com
Your Country: USA
Any Preference?: Anywhere

the girl in stiletto said...

me me me!! xD

name: the girl in stiletto aka ejannzski.
email: ejann.nazilra@ymail.com
country: ireland
preference: none!

noone said...

this is a neat idea! Currently I'm in a very remote location where I barely get internet so I'll have to join next time for sure!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I can't make up my mind about whether or not I should participate. Anything that connects me to other bloggers is a HUGE PLUS for me, you know that, but last time when I participated in a book swap, the book couldn't find its way to me! I'm not sure if all the things I mail will get to the recipient cuz if not that'll be a shame! Although, my book swap partner did receive the book I sent to her!
In any case, the cute button goes up on my blog! :)

Amanda said...

I'm in! sent you an email :)

Sara said...

Your Name: Sara
Your E-mail: s.saye7@gmail.com
Your Country: EGYPT!!
Any Preference?: Not really :)

erika sorocco said...

Ohmigosh this is the greatest idea ever, Nikolett - you are a genius! I too have loved postcards forever - I always buy loads of them whenever I go to Disneyland! :P

Name: Erika Sorocco
E-mail: cafefashionista@yahoo.com
Your Country: USA
Any Preference?: Anywhere around the world! :)

Meg said...

Ooh, yay!

Your Name: Meg
Your E-mail: insidemegshead@hotmail.com
Your Country: USA
Any preference?: Anywhere! (But my heart leans toward England :-)

krissy ♥ said...

I am so joining! :D

Your Name: Krissy
Your E-mail: krissyfied@gmail.com
Your Country: Philippines
Any Preference?: Anywhere around the world!

Posting the button on my blog now :D

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know, I've given you two awards. Be sure to check them out!

Have a great weekend =)

Carlito86 said...

Email pinging your way soon doll xxx

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

I am in love, love, love with this!! Count me in!
Name: Lisa
Email: llschriver@gmail.com
Country: USA
Preference: I'd like one from Paris Serbia.. but if that can't happen, anywhere!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea. I will be sending you an email with my information for sure :)

Iva Messy said...

totally in!


Your Name: Iva Messy
Your E-mail: ivamessy@gmail.com
Your Country: USA!
Any Preference?: Any!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

So excited about this project! p.s. Thank you SO much for joining our Rosebud network. When you have time to breathe a bit, we would love it if you would display our "I'm a Rosebud" banner somewhere on your beautiful blog. Don't forget to show your pretty bloggy face over at la blog! We're linking one of you nearly every day and featuring one of you every week and we're really hoping to drum up lots of support for our network members! Big hugs!

Anonymous said...

amazing idea :)

Your Name: Stefanie
Your E-mail: fernweh@live.de
Your Country: Austria :)
Any Preference?: Anywhere around the world!

Anonymous said...

oh I just saw I'm to late, however if you still need anyone- tell me :)

Andhari said...

OH NOOO, i'm late for this project.

I'll just send you a postcard, k?:D Facebook me your address :p

Allison said...

Saw your blog on the Bon Bon Rose Girls, and thought I'd check it out! I think this is an absolutely fabulous idea! Unfortunately, I'll be away on vacation, otherwise I'd love to join in on something like this - what a fun and creative idea! :) My friend went to Russia and sent me a beautiful postcard from there, so I definitely get the appeal of it! :)
Lovely blog - glad to meet a fellow caffeine addict!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Oh wow, that pizza is to die for. That looks so good. I'm drooling now. Hehehehe. I'm excited for your trip too. Trips are always so fun. Looking forward to pictures from your trip sweetie.

chrrrmaine said...

I love postcards so much! :)

Your Name: Charmaine
Your E-mail: sixsunshines@gmail.com
Your Country: Philippines
Any Preference?: Anywhere!

Leesh said...

Thanks again for organizing the Postcard Project. I blogged about it:
http://blarkness.blogspot.com/2010/08/postcard-project.html