Pages

a choko weekend

Thank you, November, for sending me another full day of the month to enjoy with special people [and yes, I am secretly jealous of all the American readers here who have Thanksgiving!] After not seeing my amazing friend for over a month, we made some plans and I met her on campus to head off to her place for some let's talk about everything & anything, eat yummy food, watch a heartwarming film, and explore to our hearts' content before playing Bayonetta while playing with a kitty - times. I never want to take days like these for granted.

THE FOG. Freaking crazy. My friend was a heroine and drove through it; and these football players were crazy and decided to practice even though you could barely see a few feet in front of you.

FOOOOOOOOOD. And a slushie green apple bubble tea (mmmm).

More photos/ramblings after the jump!


The next morning - taking a look at some ducks and geese on a walk around a wetland habitat.

Jump fail! But nice bridge.

The outside of an Austrian restaurant.

Trying out escargot for the first time (tastes like mushrooms!) before eating yummy fish & chips. Our waiter was very nice and put us at a roomier table, held the chair out for me, and then said "Hello ladies!" to two older women who came into the restaurant which my friend greatly appreciated :)

I adored so many things in this place. Especially this (hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge).

Definitely one of the highlights of the weekend - Hot Choko (prounounced "Showko") which is hot chocolate with a chocolate bar melted into every cup! We both chose dark chocolate, and it was ... in a word ... SUPERB. Best hot chocolate I've probably ever had!

A WALL OF CANDY. This needs to be installed into my room, pronto.

The name of this candy still perplexes me now. Are they talking about my nipples?

Looking at the weirdest store ever - "What Girls Want" - the place to buy Spanx. We sat on this bench and sang along to Goo Goo Dolls, it was amazing.

My usual "enjoying my delicious and/or caffeinated beverage" photo.

Afterwards, we explored a cute shop where my friend treated me to an early Christmas present (more on that in a future post), petted a dog and I cried when he licked my face since all I could think of was Shadow, raved on about Harry Potter, chillaxed, and then she dropped me off at the bus station all too soon. The bus driver was a crazy moody Russian man who said, "You should have paid at vending machine" when I said I would pay him in change (gulp). There was tons of traffic but over the course of that three-hour commute home, I was glad I got to spend an amazing weekend with an even more amazing friend :) Ahh cheesiness.

btemplates

13 comments:

Unknown said...

herro! yes, we had a long weekend... didn't you? it was remembrance day on thursday!!!

1) that foggy pic is freaky... something out of a twisted horror movie type of freaky.

2) your jump photo upsets me. *smh* after all the training you got with me!!! haha! jk jk

3)i've always cringed at the thought of trying escargot but if you say it tastes like mushrooms, i'll try it. i love mushrooms.

4) oh my caloric hot showko goodness! that sounds amazing!!!! do they have branded chocolate bars? like for example, i wanted ferrero rocher in my cup... could i have it?!?!?

5) nipl'z

heehehehehe

Kristen said...

Ummmm... I failed to eat today because of a paper I had to write (which of course I waited til the last minute to do) and now that picture has me drooling!!! YUM!

And if you want to come have Thanksgiving with me, you're more than welcome :)

Bree said...

As soon as I saw that Hot Choko, I sent this post to my boyfriend to see if he recognized where it was (he knows the city through and through); but he said NO. I was able to figure it out and although it's a little far, I might have to make a visit to that adorable little town during Christmastime. Me and my mom actually thought of going last year, but never made it.

Sorry for the possible high-level creepiness in this comment! ha but everything just looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

Where was this?? Where did you go, lol?? We had a long weekend for Rememberance day, didn't you??

Anyway, beautiful pictures, the food looks delicious!!!

krissy ♥ said...

I agree with Kym, that photo of the fog looks like a screencap from a movie!

And can I share your room when you already have a wall of candy installed there???

If that is the best hot chocolate you've ever had then I would certainly love to try it! :D

Aaaaaand I know I said my lips are sealed, but since you asked me, I'm gonna answer you here instead: I ABSOLUTELY LOVED HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 1!!! I'm sooo excited for you to see it! :) :) :)

Eloisa said...

I agree... i so want that wall of candy in my room too. wow! :-)

littletiara said...

those pictures looks amazing! makes me want to got thereeee... Well, except the one with fog, it's kinda scary, heheh... :P

and that wall of candy! And that choko you told us about, and even the niklnip candy! Haha.. (and the pretty bridge)

ooo nikolett me missed you! :D

erika sorocco said...

Caffeinated beverages and a wall of candy. Ummm...yes please. You are making my November merry and bright, Nikolett!! :)

rachaelgking said...

What a perfectly adorable day. Loves it!!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Oh what a cute day you had. I love all the pictures, especially that candy wall! Nom nom nom!

Haddock said...

That is a wonderful picture. (the first one)

Unknown said...

herrrrooo, where you be bootz?

Sierra said...

Looks like you had a lovely time, glad you were able to spend some time with your friend! That drink looks yummy and I love the bridge shot!