happy new year!
OK, so the start of the new year was four days ago (or five, depending on time zone?) but better late than never, righto? Thanks for all the Happy New Year wishes! The past few days have been spent recovering from muscle and body pains; I fear that 2011 has brought about an early stage of old age or something. I blame it on spending the evening of New Year's Day dancing my heart out with my closest friends to Just Dance 2 on the Wii, for sure :)
I hope you all had a great time ringing in 2011, whether it was lowkey or extravagant. Mine was spent with a co-chef by my side (aka The Boy) plus a couple coming over to have dinner, whip our hair, laugh a lot, and then taking care of The Boy who didn't feel so well in the first few hours of the new year, to put it vaguely hehe. Either way, it was a great night and now I'm spending the first few days of 2011 ... trying to figure out what I'm going to do the rest of the year. But for now, a little peek in my night:
The Boy and I, an excellent co-chef who chopped all the onions for me :)
Bruschetta, anyone?
Dinner was served in the form of roasted potatoes and pork tenderloin stuffed with feta and bruschetta plus a salad (mmm), and then there's me and my friend whipping our hair back and forth! I look like a have a Chewbecca head on me.
Two unintentional "resolutions", though I prefer to call them long-term goals, are to make videos of memories instead of just taking pictures, and to have a dream diary. I have this tendency to read in bed for about 10 minutes, which makes my bed all nice and toasty for when I settle down to actually sleep. But when I do this, I tend to have the most vivid and strangest dreams ever - so why not record 'em! This post is getting more random by the second.
My first few weeks of January will probably be spent relaxing - catching up with friends even though the whole work/school shuffle is starting up again - and trying to find some kind of job. Whether it's seriously starting up a web design/graphic design kind of business, or venturing into my city screaming, "Pleeeeease hire me!" (okay, I probably won't stoop so low to do that ... hopefully). Thankfully, I have plenty of hobbies to pass the time and actually having some me time for once is refreshing. But soon, I know I'll have to spruce up my resume and find places to apply to.
For now, I hope you've all had a first good few days of 2011.
Let me know how you celebrated, if you have any "long-term goals", and how you're spending this first month of the year!






A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
14 comments:
Una bruschetta, per favore, pronto. Sono molto affamato. Grazie ;)
Back to school for me too next week. I'm actually kind of looking forward to my classes though, but that may change in a month! ha
And did you know that if you put a piece of bread in your mouth and let it hang out when you're cutting onions, it's supposed to stop the crying?! HA I read that somewhere, so random!
hahaha the word verification i just got was onsen!! what I would give to be in one right now!!!
I really hope I can see you again very very soon, then you can tell me what a great time you had!! it looks like you had a warm and DELICIOUS new year, AAAAAAAAA WHY IS HAMILTON SO FAR!!! Miss you my dear!!!
Happy New Year!!!
me want those bruschetta!!! looks nyummy!!
so far.... been working :( not happy about it, at all!!
The first photo will be lovely if you frame it ♥
YES, I want me some Nikolett VLogs! :D
Wishing you good luck on your search for the perfect job! :)
LOL love the whipping of the hair... can you believe willow smith is ONLY 9 years old!?!?! happy new year :)
my you are good at whipping your hair. willow smith would be proud.
happy new year to you and yours! you look adorable in that picture with your man.
Happy, Happy New Year, Nikolett! Gah! That Bruschetta looks amazing - I want! And you whipping your hair may be the best thing EVER! I always get dizzy when I try to do it myself!! :P
happy new year for the 5 millionth time! hehe! love the whipping of the hair - that takes some serious, serious skills. I have the same goal - take more videos!!! Wasn't it fun video taping ourselves for your visit here? It's so much more exciting to look back on than just boring ol' pictures. haha! And YES YES YES x 326w456243adkfjh to you starting up an OFFICIAL web design business. YES. and again i say YES.
That looks like one delish night! Happy new year!
i love your idea of a dream diary, that is amazing girl and glad you had a nice new year's eve, that brushetta looks amazing!
LOL Sounds like you had a great night!!
The food looks quite yummy, I must say. Happy new year! I like your recording memories idea; it'll take you back to that moment with much more ease.
Post a Comment