simple smiles #38
That number is just a guestimate (hehe, I love that 'word'), since I haven't tagged a post with simple smiles since last June. Holy cannoli, I've had some simple smiles since then for sure! So I'm bringing it back, and hopefully making it last :) Here are some things over the past few days that have made me smile simply, and one kind-of-complicated smile.
CHEESECAKE BROWNIES. They're pretty easy to prepare/bake, and taste so delicious. I made a batch this weekend for a youth group I was leading, and had some leftovers to share with others. Adding just a hint of Skor bits makes for yummy bites of caramel-like flavour.
TAKING AN UNINTENTIONAL PHOTO. I meant to take a photo of the snowfall, but my camera decided to focus in on the snowflakes stuck to my window instead. I like when cameras 'mess' up but still give you something beautiful.
RANDOM OPPORTUNITIES. For the past couple of weeks, I've been volunteering as an editor for this project at my university (yes, I've graduated, have no more classes, and am still going there twice a week - such is the sadnessity of my life). We went to look at locations for our next shoot and came across the most hyper and positive woman in my life, who owns an esthetician/cosmetic spa location. We're filming there on Wednesday, and through conversation, I landed myself a job redesigning her website. Love random opportunities like that!
HAVE TIME TO JUST "BE" ... IN THE FORM OF THE VAMPIRE DIARIES. I've heard about this show for so long (mainly from Andhari) and decided to give it a go -- I finished the first season in five days(!) and am starting the second season now. 'Tis a good show - it's gone from guilty pleasure to just pleasure. [Image from Google search.]
And finally, THE SOMEWHAT COMPLICATED SMILE comes from The Boy spraining his ankle on Friday night, which means he's been hopping around in pain. But it was so nice visiting him over the weekend, running out to get us food in the form of Harvey's while he relaxed on the couch, and cuddling together while watching "RED" - I treasure simple moments like that, though it's a bit complicated by his injury.
Now, I've got to ask:
What's given you a simple smile lately?






A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
14 comments:
sheldon cooper ahahahahha.
erm those look really yum! and i cannot believe it took you THIS long to start on the vampire diaries (; i hope your boy recovers soon! im sure he will anyway with you taking good care of him and all (: xoxo
Obsessed with vamp diaries!!! glad you are almost caught up ..it's back next thurs w/ new eps. those brownies look yummy!
I need to watch The Vampire Diaries. I've obviously read the books and I think I'm going to splurge on buying the first season.
But more importantly- I saw a teaser for True Blood season 4. The witches are coming! I'm hotly anticipating a very naked Alexander Skarsgard this season. ;)
zomg there is such a thing as cheesecake brownies? i've gotta try these!!!
I am so happy about your random job opportunity! The more work you do, the more people will see what the awesomeness that you're capable of, and then the more jobs you'll get! P.S - still gotta give me a website to direct ppl to when they ask about who made my site! no pressure... ;)
simple smile for me lately? The sun. I love it when it's cool and crisp outside and the sun is shining... really does make me smile :)
I wish I have an oven in my apartment, and I wish I know the first thing about baking so I can also make some of those yummy cheesecake brownies :)
I hope The Boy feels better soon!
And my simple smile is reading your post! I missed you m'lady! :)
cheesecake brownies?! my boyfriend would love those; they look super good. LOVE your snowflake picture, it's gorgeous and unintentional photos/moments are the best. :)
We purchased a "child" gate for the dog to stay in our room. She jumps over the gate and escapes.
Long time no speak pretty lady! Cheesecake brownies look gorgeous! Wish I lived nearer to you I'd totally let you make me some! xx
Those cheesecake brownies would certainly make me smile!
I'm glad that you started watching Vampire Diaries. Do you think you will be caught up in time for the return next Thursday? You need to follow me on twitter so we can discuss...
The cheesecake brownies are divine. I love using skor bars. You need to try my skor bars. Unfortunately, I don't share the recipe, it's a secret but I would certainly make you a batch if I could get them to you.
Lately, nothing has been making me smile. I guess I am stuck in the winter rut.
I am super addicted to Vampire Diaries! I can't wait for the return!!!! Oh and yummy yummy cheesecake brownies, they look deliciously sinful!
My brother gives me simple smiles all the time, and the boy when I call him with a family induced mood swing, and he tries to make me smile- that in itself makes me smile and it's lovely :)
My little girl Lauren made me smile this morning. I love this blog post and I'm now craving brownies. I'm a new follower.
Come follow me:)
Audrey
www.livingfoxy.com
Post a Comment