february freebies & blogaversary!
Today marks two years since my first blog post at Better Than Coffee! Happy blogaversary to me! It's been an amazing two years of making cherished friendships, meeting one blogger in real life (and hopefully more soon?), and finding out what makes me smile simply, what I like to wish for, and trying to keep calm and therapeutic when obstacles get thrown my way. All while recapping weekends and spending time with The Boy and with friends.
Last year on this occasion, I wrote a seriously long paragraph thanking everyone who I've had the pleasure of 'meeting' in this sphere of blogging - and trust me, you ladies & gents are amazing. Your comments keep me going when I struggle, and make me laugh when I need it most. It makes me smile to see that a majority of the bloggers I listed either are still blogging or I still keep in touch with, and it makes me smile even more knowing that there's so many amazing bloggers I have yet to discover. You guys have helped me through so many things. But instead of rambling, I'm just going to give. It's February Freebies times!

I haven't made a mix since October, so why not make one for the month of luuuurve.
Youtube play-button idea is an inspiration from Cafe Fashionista with her Play It Again, Sam! feature.

001. Glory Box - Portishead
002. Come Wander With me - Emilie Satt
003. Don't Be Careful With Me - Meg & Dia
004. My Love - Sia
005. Consequence - The Notwist
006. Apple and Cinnamon - Utada
007. Love Lockdown - Kanye West
008. Undisclosed Desires - MUSE
009. Sweet Disposition (Doorly Dubstep Mix) - The Temper Trap
010. A Year Without Rain (Starlab Edit) - Selena Gomez & The Scene
011. Samba De Benção - Bebel Gilberto
012. Between Two Lungs - Florence & The Machine
013. Lovesong - ADELE
014. Won't Stop - OneRepublic
015. Real Love - Regina Spektor
016. Teenage Dream - Boyce Avenue
And next are some things I made myself and, well, let's just say I'm not the greatest of artists when it comes to drawing things with pen and paper, but I wanted something that was 'made from scratch' (since I can't just send you all honey lemon loafs like I planned). You can download the PDF files below, and feel free to print them out on the paper of your choosing, and maybe even punch a hole near the top and add string to make it all fancy!
And the next ones I actually made way back in December as little 'gifts' for the Christmas cards I was sending off, but since they fit in so well with this blog's theme, I figure why not add them in? :)
I'm hoping to fill this month up with more loving and freebies, but most of all I just want to give a big THANK YOU! From the people I talk to 'on the regular', to the anonymous lurkers, to everyone in between who visits here, thank you for visiting, thank you for commenting, thank you for accepting my craziness :)
And since I made bookmarks I have to ask:
What books are you reading lately?





A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
16 comments:
eee, happy blog anniversary! Mine is two this month as well, how crazy is that?
I love your freebies! I was thinking of doing something similar :) the mix is awesome, I love your choices!
Happy Blogaverysary!
I heart Temper Trap so much! Saw them in concert a few months ago; so amazing. And I love Kanye and Florence and the Machine too.
Those bookmarks are too cute. I never have any around and end up either folding the page or using a random business card haha so I think I'll print some. Thanks :)
As for what I'm reading-The Best of Crime Reporting 2009, I think that's what it's called. Love my true crime. I just finished My Horizontal Life too and that was pretty hilarious.
You're awesome.
Yes, we will definitely have more hangouts to come - i can foresee a move to Vancouver in your future. hehe! But then again W and I were toying with the idea of moving to California... hmm... OMG!! I just remembered.. you've never been to california right??? Dude why don't you just make that your trip with your sister? It's cheaper and it's awesome.
By the way - it's good to know you have Tumblr too. I don't know why i do these things to myself... overwhelm myself with social media. Now i have to manage a facebook, twitter, tumblr, blogger, clothing website, and a private blog. hahhaha! I love it all though and i wouldn't have met all you amazing people if it weren't for those outlets.
HAPPY BLOGGGAVERSAIRE TO U!
loving these freebies! thanks :)
happy bloggy birthday!
I love your little bookmarks, they are adorable!!! :)
happy 2 years to your blog..YAY!!!
& I'm currently reading Animal Farm - George Orwell
happy blogaversary!!!!
omgd omgd omgd i have that one bookmark you sent me! =D i forgot to thank you for that! where the hell has my manner been to? =(
btw, i honestly hope one day we can meet up. there are so many bloggers that i want to meet. it'd be so much fun! then i can see how cooler you are IRL, and you can see how uncool i am actually in real life =p
i'm reading the driver rules of the road for driver theory test. dont get me wrong, i know how to drive for years, i have my driving license n my international driving license, but because i bought a car here in ireland, it'd be much cheaper if i have a local driving license and therefore back to square one - learner!! =S
yayness freebieeees!!! *jumps up and down in joy* my 2nd bloggyversary was on 2nd january and I was too caught up with real life I forgot to celebrate it, I hope my blog will forgive me, heheh...
and ooh I'm so loving this freebies, especially the mixtape :P oh well, I'm such a sucker for anything downloadable, mwahahah...
all in all, happy 2nd bloggyversarry! Keep writing! :D and thank you for being my bloggy friend all this while *hugs*
Happy two year!
I am going to listen to your mix tomorrow at work. I've heard of Adele's cover of Lovesong but haven't had the chance to listen to it. What a great combo!
I am going to print out one of your bookmarks and make it all fancy (like even laminate it!)
awwww this is so sweet! its so simple but yet so sweet {; you're so artistic by the way!
and there are lots of things that are better than coffee hehe. and i love coffee too hhahaa
These freebies are all so sweet <3 I love you Nikolett and I will be forever grateful to the internet gods for letting me meet you. Honestly you are one of the best, amazing-est, awesomest persons I know <3 Happy blogaversary to you, and I hope and wish and pray that even though there'll be lots of busy days in the future that might cause us not to blog that much anymore, that we'd still remain friends until we're old and gray (but still fabulous mwahaha). Hugs from Manila! <3
Happy birthday, blog! :)
Love the bookmarks, I'm so having them printed tomorrow! :D
Even if I don't comment much here, I always read your entries and enjoy hearing from you. :)
~Alexis
Ah, Happy, Happy Bloggyversary, Nikolett - last month Cafe Fashionista turned two, as well! I guess we all decided to start blogs around the same time!
Gah! Thank you for the shoutout - and the amazing new tunage...so checking these songs out right now! But what I love even more are the bookmarks - ohmigosh cutest things ever!
I have been addicted to Melissa de la Cruz's "Blue Bloods" series lately - so good. Highly recommended!! :)
Happy blogoversary!! I love your layout, too!
Happy Blogoversary!! I like the bookmarks that was such a good idea.
you are too cute - love all of your creativity and happy blog anniversary!! you are just the sweetest and i'm so glad i've gotten to know you through your blog. :) i love the bookmarks and yay about the songs! thank you so much! i'll be posting my first vlog soon so you'll have to check it out. ha ha, good luck to me. have a great weekend!
happy blogaversary, darling! i'm so glad you're in my life! keep it up (: xo
Post a Comment