happy blog-a-versary
I'm not going to lie ... I'm not in the most celebratory of moods. As much as you can't predict the future, there's one part of my future that's almost in my hands, and it's slipping away. I don't want to dwell on it too much - I'd much rather focus on the here and now. But at the moment, I'm not really sure where I fit in and who will want me. With a few major exceptions, of course.
So, on that note, with this yummy-looking cake:
Happy One Year Blog-A-Versary!
(to me! to me, to me! to me...)
A year ago, I started off this blog talking about my caffeine addiction. But over time, it's become so much more than that. People like my friends, The Boy, and my family mean so much to me and keep me happy. But this space became somewhere to let everything else out and became so much more.
Things like simple smiles and Wednesday wishes allow me to appreciate the smaller things in life while daydreaming about the bigger things. That way, when I get dished a heavy dose of reality (no, not reality TV), I could find some way to deal with it and not let it get me down.
Things like simple smiles and Wednesday wishes allow me to appreciate the smaller things in life while daydreaming about the bigger things. That way, when I get dished a heavy dose of reality (no, not reality TV), I could find some way to deal with it and not let it get me down.
But what's meant the most has been Y-O-U. You've helped me, with your amazing comments, with some of the most amazing friendships. You've supported my ramblings, you've given me something to think about, and you've made this blog about so much more than coffee.
This past year, I've had the pleasure of 'meeting' some incredible ladies: ones like Kym, who lives on the other side of the country and has such a creative outlook on life; or Andhari, my fellow femcee (haha) who is amazingly talented and awesome to talk with; or Aubrey, who always manages to have such positive messages despite the ups and downs of life; or Nicole, who shares all these lovely love stories and gives amazing reminders of how sweet life can be; or Iva, who finds some of the most random funniest things and always provides questions to think about; to Cheryl, a fellow Canuck who has such a poignant outlook on life that inspires me; to Jessica, who is such a fabulous girl who I miss talking to; to Sarah, who I live vicariously through since I want to visit Japan; to Manju, a hilarious lady who I also want to visit; to Krissy, who is such a sweetheart and such a stylist lady; to Erika, the ultimate cafe fashionista who I would love to have coffee with; to Nahl, a thoughtful girl who I love talking to and who I really hope comes back to the blogging world; to the BonBon Rose girls who have always provided me with lovely deals and cute stories about their lives; to Adele, who shares such amazing photography and has a heartwarming outlook on life; to LivitLuvit, who shares the most outrageous stories that I adore reading while also showing big love for things that matter; to Shirley, who has shown me the behind the scenes of a dentist's life and shared amazing pictures; to Little Tiara, who I've seen grow in such a short time and I love talking with her; to Carla, whom I've bonded with due to our love of Serendipity; to Mayra, who is truly inspiring in the way she lives her life; to Kim, who journeyed from Canada to L.A. and has been taken amazing photographs all the way; to Margarita, my sister who inspired me to start this blog and reminds me to keep living fabulously no matter what gets in the way ... to so, so, SO MANY more of you who have touched me (that's what she said) more than you know :)
Although I'm constantly trying to find my 'voice' and my 'place' in the world, I've found that I like this place, here. So thanks for being with me for this past year, and hopefully some more years to come? :)
P.S. Giveaway winners will be announced Thursday <3



A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
19 comments:
Happy bloggiversary! You're such a genuine person and this is why so many people like you :) keep it up!
aw hun you are so lovely. happy blogaversary! here's to many more! love u (: xo
Happy Blogaversary! Hopefully the first of many. I haven't been here long but I really like your blog. Oh and thanks for introducing me to some other fab bloggers in this post!
Happy blogaversary! The bloggers world is such an amazing world. Cheers, and many more years to come!
happy bloggieaniversary!!!!!!!! partayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy xD
p.s. i don't know what's bugging you but feel better okay :) your readers and friends will ALWAYS want you *hugs*
xx
happy bloggieversary! :D you're so down to earth, that's why people loves to come back here. like you know, you make this place feels like home :) congrats!
Congrats and Happy Blog-versary!!
Happpppy Bloggamaversary!! ;P Thank you for the mention as well, it's truly been an honor getting to know you :) I hope your plans to visit Vancouver are still alive! :)
P.S - you dont need to know a family who celebrates CNY to actually celebrate CNY! you're pretty much asian anyway with all your asian friends! hahaha!
<3 you Nikolett!
Happy blogaversary! I've been following your blog for a while now, but never commented, naughty me! What better day than today to start! This was a great post, loved the last line! Hope the next year brings you just as much joy in the blogging world :)
I am your very newest follower... and have already fallen in love with your blog. Found you through Mayra at Bananas!!
Happy blogiversary to you :)
I am adding you to my blogroll right away and can't wait to come back to read more!
oh YOU!!! are you so sweet lady!! I'm so glad you are such an awesome person!! We all think YOU rock and are glad to be blogging with you!! So glad Margarita inspired you to start blogging!! Mayra totally rocks too on her outlook on life, you are 100% right!! Here's to many many MANY more years of blogging!! HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!!
Awwwwwwwww. My heart, it is warm. Thank you so much, my dear. And Happy Blogoversary! I'm certainly glad you're here. ;-)
LADY! you are too cute for words. k hold on, gotta list this comment:
1. that cake looks so good! if it tastes anything like a soy latte i would love it even more.
2. HAPPY ONE YEAR BLOGOVERSARY!!! one year of spilling your guts, making us smile, talking lattes and such...ONE YEAR! congratulations!!!
3. your dedications remind me of a yearbook and for that i am smiling.
4. that's a great list of bloggers you have there. love what you said about everyone. thank you so much for the shout out and for being one of my first few followers. oh yes...i always remember the ones that have stuck by me since way back when ;)
TO ANOTHER YEAR OR TWO OR THREE OR MORE!!!
Awwww...Happy, Happy Blogiversary my love! And thank you for the shout-out! I would absolutely love to have coffee with you, as well!! Here's to another year of fabulous Better Than Coffee posts!! :)
Aww Nikolett, you are such a darling! Happy Bloggaversary (no matter how you spell it haha!)!!!
It was super awesome meeting you, and even though our conversations are only through Blogger and Twitter I must say that your charm and warmth reaches me through the miles (and time differences)! Thank you for the friendship and God bless the Internet! :D
Let's go on making more stories, yes? :)
PS: I hope that whatever's bothering you passes soon.
PPS: That cake surely looks delicious! But it's too beautiful it should be illegal to ruin and eat it! :D
Happy Blogaversary to you! I love the layout of your blog. :)
I hope you feel better about whatever the intro was about soon.
Happy blogaversary! I've blogged since 2004 and I've never once celebrated it. Weird, huh? :P Anyways, I dropped by your blog via 20sb and I absolutely love it! Will be following! ;)
And I'm a fan of your sister's blog as well. <3
http://melissa-tian.blogdrive.com
yeay, happy blog anniversary! Mine is next week, how odd is that? You have a great little blog and I'm definitely looking forward to reading more :)
Happy birthday little blog! Great little round up, loved seeing my name in there! So pleased I stumbled upon your blog darling xxxxq
Post a Comment