left a piece of my heart
I'll admit, I left a little piece of my heart back in British Columbia. While the rest of my life might be in Ontario (or Onterrible as some B.Cers call it), my heart remains back where my sister and my niece and my new brother-in-law are, where the sea meets the sky over a highway, where I can meet amazing people like Sarah and Kym (again!!) and do lots more jumping/levitating photos. There's so much to say about that one week in B.C. and I know I couldn't sum it up in one post ... so instead, here's some 'teasers' of what I've been up to :)
My sister & J said "I do"
The invite promised it'd be "anything but boring" and it delivered: a teary-eyed ceremony with a beautiful bride and groom, followed by a relaxed dinner with amazing food (and my dad losing a tooth, but more on that later! haha), then taken up a notch when all the 'adults' left leaving us late teens, 20s and 30-somethings to party it up and have the time of our lives (and dancing to BEP's "Time Of My Life"). I promise, lots more details to come (unless my sister wants to share them, in which case I won't spoil it!). Either way it was a beautiful night and I am SO happy for her and J!
Being vampires at the after-party :D
P.S. I've got The Boy hooked on The Vampire Diaries, bwahaaha.
All dressed up with my mamusia.
When I wasn't spending time with my family, I managed to meet up with two awesome gals; though I only got to see Kym for a bit, I loved every moment and wished we lived in the same city (or at least province!). We graduated to levitating photos, ate some yummy gelato, and got suckered in by U.K. accents (more on that here!). P.S. shameless plug, vote for Kym and her amazing t-shirt line here!
Bees + Kym! And trying out an Italian eatery with a southern name with Asian employees haha :) Love you lots Patty!
A British man held my camera to take this photo haha.
Gah, Vancouver scenery is b-e-a-utiful.
This trip felt entirely too short - there's so much of Vancouver I wanted to rediscover and explore, but I'm psyched I got to see where my sister now lives (Squamish) and do the touristy things every tourist has to do while visiting Whistler! Plus, see how darling my niece is and how genius she is ... especially when pretending to be a raptor or a zombie :D
In Whistler, baby!
Since then, life has been about catching up with friends, reclaiming my summer school job, learning how to drive(!!!) and planning The Boy's upcoming birthday :) OH! And finding out that I now have 200 followers ... you are ALL AMAZING. I love following your blogs, love the friendships that have been made, and am definitely planning a proper way to say THANK YOU!!!! to come soon :)
Thank you for the well wishes for the trip - it's one I won't forget and I just hope I get to go to B.C. again soon. And now I just have to get back into the swing of blogging properly again, we'll see how that goes!
Is there a place that you've left a little piece of your heart to?
And any plans for the weekend? Hope it's great! :)









A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
18 comments:
such a gorgeous set of photos! Ive just discovered your blog. Congratulations to your new family!
Wowee you look gorgeous and your sister looks fab! That's one heckuva wedding dress.
I left little pieces of my heart in so many places! London, Oxford, Jakarta top the list so far, though. :D
omg fabbrunette is your sis? i had no idea :)
you guys look gorgeous and the wedding looks so beautiful (your hair looks awesome, btw)
glad you all had a great time!
Beautiful ladies in these photos <333 I am so glad you had a great time! <333
I leave a little piece of my heart in every place I go to, and in return they all leave a mark in my heart :)
We're currently having a rainy weekend but nothing can spoil it for me. Will attend a Converse-sponsored sportsfest in a couple of hours (though I'm not really into sports ;D)
Hope you have a lovely weekend, Nikolett!
both you and your sister look very pretty!!! and congrats to your sister and your new brother in-law =) I wish them both a lifetime of happiness
omg you two look gorgeous! I love your sister's wedding dress,a nd that kiiilllerr heelss!! OMG she looks so cool rocking all that short wedding dress and the heels combo! :D and i love your hairdo! :D
and everything took place look so fun! Ahhhh you met kymie agaiiinnn!!! :D
Ah, your family is so gorgeous, Nikolett! Congratulations to your sis - she made such a beautiful bride!
Hmmm...I have left a little piece of my heart to New york City (my hometown), and San Diego, California (where I spent much of my formative years)! :)
How beautiful!!!
What lovely pictures you all look so gorgeous!
xoxo
Olivia
Looks like you had a whirlwind vacation and an awesome time. You packed it all in with the short time you had there. I can`t wait to hear more about what you did, your sister`s wedding and see more photos!
I hope your sister write more about her wedding.
Glad you are back home, you were missed!
wow congrats to your sister! i love her dress, and you look so beautiful as well (: my sister got married 2 years ago and it was the most fun wedding ever! xo
Aw wow Nikolett these pics are amazing! So happy for your sis! You both look gorgeous!! xxxx
Seems you had a great time - and you do look wonderful! Love your smile :)
beautiful ladies and i love your sisters super non traditional wedding! :P
as you know, my "maids" and i were just at whistler and we also took photos at the olympic rings. It was funny cus they were trying to get me up on that middle ring and my butt got stuck. i'll post pictures this week ;)
amazing photos, lovely wedding and you look gorgeous. You and Kym look so cute. I'm so jealous. I still haven't been on a blogger meet up or anything. I think I left my heart in San Francisco. There's no place like home I suppose.
OH MY GOD! So, I wasn't trippin' when I thought that my bridesmaids would wear black when I renew vows with Chris! Every time I talked about it, people would think I'm out of my mind or something... I just thought about it one day... You know that little black dress is ALWAYS a savior! Not only are black dress pretty, but they cover that unwanted fat that we've been trying to lose since the day we were born! I think your sister is AWESOME for incorporating black on her wedding day. I'm doing it too! Pshh, I don't care what anyone says! :P
Hello, there! I have returned, weeee! :)
I have one thing to say about your sister: GORGEOUS. I love her hair; very Breakfast at Tiffany's. And seriously, is that your mamusia? I thought she was also your sister! No joking!
Wish you could be there when Krissy and I meet with Kym! That's, like, just a couple of weeks from now. Yikes, I haven't practiced my jumpshot yet! haha!
Aww, it looks like you had a wonderful time and your sister is a beautiful bride! I hope you get to see them again soon and happy for you that you enjoyed every minute there.
Vancouver - sooo want to visit!! Great pics - pretty sis! Congrats to her!
Post a Comment