where to begin...
Yesterday, I returned home from a month-long amazing trip to Europe. To say it was flawflee would be a bit of a lie, but experiences like food poisoning from a sketchy hot dog stand in Transylvania complete with a trip to a Hungarian hospital for an infusion where your boyfriend is translating everything just makes me love The Boy even more ... and want to avoid hot dogs with a passion for at least a good six months! Honestly though, it was an incredible month I will never be able to forget and will definitely recap over the next month :)
Today, it's my 23rd birthday! My twenty-second year was pretty darn awesome so here's hoping my next year is just the same but better! It'll be a jetlagged one for sure, though I already have a Starbucks gift card (I didn't see a single Starbucks in Hungary, felt so weird!) from my sister to stay awake when I go out for dinner tonight with girlfriends and then spend the night with The Boy. But the celebrations and parties can't go on all night, because ...
Tomorrow, I start teachers college. It won't be official classes, but the first two days are mandatory and full of orientation and meeting with your group and it's definitely a bit nervewracking. I know a bunch of people (including The Boy) who are going to the same college, just with different classes, so at least I'll have someone to share lunch with. Seems weird to get right into the busy with things but that's life, right-o?
For now, here's a brief glimpse into how I spent the month of August ...
I kissed a boy in front of a fountain ...
And kissed some fountains in my spare time, too.
Took some leaps in front of Heroes Square ...
And then just relaxed at a spa (Szechenyi Spa in Budapest).
Took a ferry across the Danube almost every day in The Boy's hometown ...
And also took a cruise along the Danube bend to Esztergom.
Gave some speeches when I was in the mood to enormous crowds (cough cough) ...
But most of the time, just enjoyed cobblestone roads with an amazing travel partner.
How's your month been? I'm going to have to start playing catch-up on everyone's lives since I've been so out of the loop and my apologies for being so MIA but ... I am so grateful that I was able to spend a month in Europe and am looking forward to the next great adventure :)
I've missed you all!
Hope your September is full of great things, too :)










A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
17 comments:
Hello prettiness! Gorgeous pictures as always. Oh and I'm sorry about you getting sick on your trip. At least that experience gave you another reason to love the boyfie even more. Happy happy birthday my dear! =)
Happy Birthday!! I can't wait to see a tonne of pictures of everything!! And good luck and enjoy your first day tomorrow :)
hooray! welcome back. can't wait to read the posts about your awesome trip!
looks like you had an amazing truip! Happy birthday!!
Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a fantabulous birthday!!
&& welcome home! Glad you're back home safe.
I'm just about to leave for Europe this week. 2 more sleeps to go. I'm so excited!! :)
Oh wow that looks like an amazing, holiday, definitely! Glad you had a great time.
Happy Birthday!
Aw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! And congrats on your start to school and welcome back to North America :) Looks like you had an amazing trip!
so amazing! and love your floral skirt!
First off, you freaking look amazingly gorgeous. I'm kind of jealous.
Second, yay for having a great trip despite some sketchy hot dogs.
Third, I always say you shouldn't get married to a person unless you've extensively traveled with them. ;)
how fun! one month in europe?! jealous but sooo happy for you! it's beautiful over, no? happy birthday! wow, 23! soo young! looks like you've got many great things ahead of you! wishing you all the best! xx
Aww..wow, it seems you had such an amazing time and welcome back!
The pictures are quite lovely, thanks for sharing!
=)
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! It all sounds amazing, you look gorgeous too honey! xxxx
I am glad you felt better right away. Happy belated birthday! How was it? the photos look beautiful!
Oh no, I'm so late, happy belated birthday lovely, I'm so glad that you had an amazing time (other than the hotdog) your photos are amazing :) x
Happy belated birthday! Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself! And what a bummer! Food poisoning?! Yuck! :( No fun.
What? That's it? I want more details, more pictures!!!!!! hahaha! just kidding... half kidding. I know yhou're busy :) I have lots of catching up to do in the blog world too... andddd i still have yet to email you about the website. I keep composing it in my head but it keeps getting pushed down on my to do list. BAH!!! Catch up soon! <33333
Wow a month in Europe!! I'm jealous. I'm hoping to make a Euro trip too in the next couple of years, pending our world doesn't end in 2012. LOL.
I got food poisoning too when I went to Thailand last summer after eating these pineapple cookies. Worst experience ever. Those cookies were so good though. :(
Post a Comment