march-ing forward
Days are getting warmer, the sunshine is lasting longer, and my hair has become a little shorter ... feels like spring is in the air! It's so strange to me that we're already one-quarter of the way through 2012, but the nice breeze and bright skies prove to be a great distraction from those "where has the year gone?!" thoughts.
After weeks of group projects and assignments, I can officially say I am no longer a student! All that's left is a good six more weeks of my second teaching block with grade 5s (who are err, very chatty to say the least) and some hopefully positive evaluations and I will officially be a teacher. Except for the whole having a job part. But, still. I'm on my way!
I finally got a break this week for some much-needed me time combined with The-Boy-and-I time and some catch up time with friends. I joined the local gym (my first time at a gym in two years) and am actually enjoying the aches and sores of my muscles as a greeting in the morning. I helped my friend do some retail therapy and adored all the shirts that have bicycles and bird patterns all over it. I baked a cake and enjoyed the beach with The Boy along with a mini-Star Wars marathon that brought out the geeky sides of us.
And ... I am now hooked to Draw Something. Just wish I had the skillz to draw.
Here's what I've been up to this March:
Top: Catching up with my best friends over an amazing meal;
Bottom: Celebrating no more classes with my friends from teachers college.
Bottom: Celebrating no more classes with my friends from teachers college.
A Star Wars night complete with a cake we made and lemoncello (yum).
Bipolar Ontario weather = going to the beach with some Haribo!
Went from my hair draping down my back to grazing my shoulders ... feels so good!
(P.S. Yes, I like that pink sweater. A LOT.)
Retail therapy in the form of a one-piece for the gym pool & a sailor shirt.
And getting back into the design groove with a header for Kat!
It's been a pretty good month so far, and with the weather getting warmer I'm getting so excited to get out of the house, wear my Toms instead of boots, eat some ice cream (wait, I did that during winter anyway), and make my last few weeks of practice teaching stress-free.
And on Sunday I'm celebrating 4 years of knowing The Boy aka our met-a-versary (we met on March 18th on the city bus!) with a little outing worthy of spring weather ... going to a greenhouse haha :)
Here are my goals for the start of spring:
(1) Get through my block with a smile and make the days enjoyable.
(2) Get my rear end to the gym at least 3 days a week, but aim for 4.
(3) Come back from the gym and blog before lesson planning.
(4) Go on spontaneous dates and outings.
(5) Call my sister more.
(6) Get back into graphics/web design on a more regular basis.
(7) See The Hunger Games as many times as possible haha.
(1) Get through my block with a smile and make the days enjoyable.
(2) Get my rear end to the gym at least 3 days a week, but aim for 4.
(3) Come back from the gym and blog before lesson planning.
(4) Go on spontaneous dates and outings.
(5) Call my sister more.
(6) Get back into graphics/web design on a more regular basis.
(7) See The Hunger Games as many times as possible haha.
What are your goals for the next couple of months?
Starbucks gift card winner will be announced in the next blog!
(So enter if you haven't yet!)
Hope you've had a great March so far!
And wish Tiara a happy birthday if you haven't yet!







A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
13 comments:
looks like fun!
www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com
I like your gym goals. Good luck with it. :)
Aw congrats on no longer being a student, how exciting for you! I cannot believe it is March, how can this be, it seems like yesterday was Christmas to me...and yet part of me cannot wait for the rest of the year to go fast so it can be Christmas again!! :D
Lovely photos as always xxx
Looks like you are having a lovely month of March. I've been searching for a one piece swimsuit too. I love your hair, it looks adorable. My mom wants me to chop off a few inches of my hair too.
ahhhh you're having so much fun!! Me, despite being the crazy little enthusiast birthday girl, is sickly~ *whines* not that it affect me that much, though, lololololol... but being me, I just love being pampered :p
and I did have a haircut toooo! And it was actually intentional, lol.. but I love it hahahahaha <3 and thaaank you so much for reminding people of my birthday *hugssss*
oh, and I'll be in Korea for a month :3 yayneeess~~~ what? who do you want me to find? those pretty boys who can dance and sing? hahahahaha :P
That cake looks delicious! And I love the striped you got! I'm into nautical stuff right now, feels so summery! :) And wow, happy 4th met-a-versary to you and The Boy! ♥
This week will be super busy for me and I'm getting a bit stressed over all the sleep I will lose LOL but I don't care because The Hunger Games movie is coming! Yowza! :))
your hair is sooo cute! love the banner you made for kat!
♥
ooh...I really like your blog! Wonderful post;)
♥
I am doing a survey of bloggers, and I want to ask you a couple of questions.)
1.) How old are you?
2.) How old is your blog?
3.) Why you created a blog?
4.) How long you plan to carry it?
In the earlier, thanks!
happy 4th met-a-versary!
Must you look great in every photo? Dayymm! :D Also, I need some of that cake; it looks wayyy too delicious.
You always look like you are having such a blast with your friends - such a gorgeous group of girls. And your hair...love it! :)
love love love my header! thanks so much xoxox
and i love you hair! i totally need a haircut; it's out of control :(
Congrats on being almost done lady!
cute header design!
Post a Comment