those little surprises
It might seem obvious that surprises are unexpected, but I find unexpected surprises to be the best kind of surprise. Whether it's a week of gorgeous weather that shows up and makes it feel like summer, or a package that comes in the mail, or one of those days where time feels like it's just stopped, or being pleasantly surprised that The Hunger Games lived up to your expectations.
So even though that unexpected week of warmth was followed by getting snow and a cold (thanks, grade 5 students, for still coming to school when you're coughing your lungs out), I enjoyed that week getting to wear skirts and sandals, looking for flowers, and eating sundaes with The Boy. And when my feet ached from wearing those sandals I haven't worn in nearly a year, another unexpected surprise came in the form of a package from Kat, full of things from The Body Shop to pamper my feet with. Thank you so much, lady!
Other unexpected surprises: getting a package from Krissy with a ring that just screams computer nerd and a lovely necklace that I can't wait to wear in the summer, having a live band listen to my request and play "Benny and the Jets" in a pub with teacher college friends, hearing that my cousin in Poland is engaged (my first Polish wedding, maybe?), being surprised every time one of my grade 5 students says, "You're a really fun and good teacher!" even when I'm teaching math, and surprised at my motivation to actually go to the gym.
Tonight I'm probably going to try to relax with a cuppa tea and a few episodes of Flower Boy Ramen Shop, continue with some graphics designing and web-brainstorming, lesson plan, and then get ready for tomorrow!
'Til then, here's what I've been up lately in picture-form.
But wait! Here's the winner of the Starbucks gift card + random bag of goodies:
Katy from twentyfourcarat.net! Congrats! (And visit her blog if you haven't yet!)
Exploring the jungles of a greenhouse and admiring the flowers.
On a walk down by the bay :)
Seeing how many glasses we can stack on top of each other on a wild Friday night ;)
Embracing my inner Katniss and my ticket stub from Tuesday night.
Another unexpected caffeine-related surprise & my new ring! :)
What's an unexpected surprise you've had recently?
P.S. If you like postcards, prepare yourself for a postcard-filled April!
Hope you've had a great weekend so far! :)







A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
16 comments:
Was that weather not amazing?! No snow in Toronto last night but still too cold now that I had gotten used to 24 degrees.
Have fun with your friend tomorrow :)
Yay I'm so glad you liked it! ♥
And I'm soooo jealous you can braid your hair like that, mine's too short XD
OMG that ring... pretty cool! And the bay looks so calming. I wish there were pretty places like that where I live.
I LOOOOVEEEEEE the ring! hahahaha... and woot woot! I love the bodyshop! :D you lucky girl! :D hayO! How did you do that? >O< now it's one of the times I regret cutting my hair short, lol.. but I always seem to do it when I go to beauty salon, though :| planned only to cut my fringe, ended up cutting the hair short xD hahaha.. and my hair wasn't even THAT long -___-
anyway, I got plenty of surprises for my birthday, well, not so unexpected hahahaha.. it's so funny how ALL my friends gave me the same fragrant of perfume! And they're not even friends with each other! I mean, they're coming from two different circles but I guess they just understand me all too good that I got two bottles of exactly same cherry blossom perfume xD (they said it looks like something that would fit me, heh)
The photograph from "Exploring the jungles of a greenhouse and admiring the flowers" is basically the cutest thing ever - you look adorbs!
I agree, unexpected surprises are the absolute best; and...THE HUNGER GAMES! I am so obsessed! :)
YES. It really is the little surprises... mine over here have made my week:) it really is the little things sometimes. I just started the Hunger Games this morning.
I forgot to add that the movie The Artist was a wonderful surprise.
What an awesome week! :) Yay for surprises and the Hunger Games!
Wow I actually won something!! I never win anything. Lol. Thanks so much girlie. You're my good luck charm now. :P
glad you liked it!! i haven't been able to see HG yet but trying to soon.
ps - love the braid :)
digging the katness braid :)
I liked the Hunger Games too. Unfortunately, I haven't read the books yet (no extracurricular reading outstide of grad school right now...), but I enjoyed the story and am excited for the future movies. Your Katniss hair is adorable!
HG was great. I think I want to watch it again. My BIL who never reads books actually read the series so I feel like I should go and watch it with him.
What kind of coffee maker do you have - is it a kuerig (is that how you spell it?).
I hope you are doing well! Happy Easter!
Glad you are doing well girl and yay that you got to see The Hunger Games!
Hope you had a wonderful Easter! :)
Hey Nikolett! *waving furiously* Nothing beats getting an unexpected surprise, whether it's snail mail from a friend, to getting free fare on transit. It's so important to embrace all these "sweet deals" life throws our way!
Ah yes, we had almost one week of sun where i got clothes other than my snowboarding jacket, boots, and thick socks... but now it's back to rain. BOO!!! But that only means we are getting closer to summer... which means we are getting closer to seeing each other!!
P.S - my sis in law and i went to watch CATS musical yesterday and had dinner in Yaletown beforehand. I just remembered you because we passed by the park where we hung out for a while as well as .. BOJANGLES. hahaha!
Love the ring from Krissy - totally YOU!
Post a Comment