gone fishin'
Sometimes you just need to getaway - even if it's just for a day. Escape from the hectic life that is either thrust upon us or that we make for ourselves and take time to relax. On Wednesday I was able to have a little getaway by going fishing! (In a way, it's like my Wednesday wish came true.)
Before I met The Boy, my experiences with fishing were looking at the dismantled fishing rod, net, and box that my dad kept in the basement but seldom used. Now, I think of it as a perfect mini-escape: you spend the day sitting by the water, looking at the clouds, enjoying the sun, and it doesn't really matter if you catch a fish or not. But it doesn't hurt, either, since I caught 8 fish myself! (Whoo-hoo, pro fisher-woman here.) That day was definitely one of my simple smiles of this week.
Taking some time to jump around; t-shirt from here.
We were nearby Hewitt's Dairy Bar so decided to stop in
for a treat of the raspberry sherbet variety.
for a treat of the raspberry sherbet variety.
A family had a property right on the lake we were fishing on
so we got to see their paddleboat and airplane in action.
so we got to see their paddleboat and airplane in action.
My first fish of the day (that we threw back in).
Even though the rainclouds have finally found us in southern Ontario, I'm going to make the most of it by visiting one of my best friends this weekend. Hope you all have a great weekend!
What's your simple smile of the week?
P.S. Thanks so much for the warm welcome back! (:






A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
8 comments:
I do like your shirt!
My simple smile this week was probably just sitting in a cafe chatting to a friend I've known for 15 years, catching up on things. Simple stuff huh! :)
Mmmm...raspberry sherbet! I LOVE how the Boy has made this a fun activity - that's definitely cause for a simple smile.
My simple smile this week was playing hide-and-seek with my three-year-old nephew!! :)
My simple smile of the week is knowing I will be seeing my mom tomorrow!
Looks like a lovely time! :)
what a great time!!
my simple smile of the week was watching kayla decorate a bday card for a friend's little girl...and it actually looked like a portrait!! she drew flowers and grass and everything (this is a huge step because not too long ago, her 'drawings' weren't anything we could recognize)
Yay you're back! and i love the blog facelift! :) I have that EXACT vancouver shirt, same color and everything - great minds think a like ;) I've only ever gone fishing 2 or 3 times in my life... the last time was when i was a kid and i thought it was boring. Now, i wouldn't mind going away somewhere quiet, sitting on a boat and just relaxing! how times change! :)
I could use a mini getaway myself!
Love the shirt;)
Post a Comment