Pages

currently...



READING and well, re-reading, all of your amazing comments from my last post (in 2012, what!). Every single comforting and warm wish sent my way definitely helped and I'm pretty much 98% back to normal from the insane month of illness (aka December). The left side of my face is still sensitive to the touch, but my smile is back to normal :) Thank you so much for all your amazing words -hugs- 

And I'm also reading The Passage by Justin Cronin; thanks to Kathy's amazing recommendation. I actually had to take a little break from reading it because it sucked me in to the point where I was reading it for two days straight; and now I'm back. 

GRATEFUL that the weather is going to return to semi-tolerable temperatures this week, which will make my walk from the bus stop to work more bearable. Speaking of gratitude, I am so thankful that I finally have a job! One of my best friends recommended me for a job that, while it might not be teaching, actually has to do with at least one of my degrees, and I get to spend my days editing!

LOVING that there's a Starbucks within ten minutes-walking distance from my work. And even though this is ancient in Internet-land, I recently rediscovered the hilarity of 'bad lip reading', and my favourite next to The Hunger Games one is definitely "Russian Unicorn" (a parody on Michael Bublé). My new jam? Possibly. 

LOOKING FORWARD TO having a February spending more time with The Boy (there's a picture of us from New Year's). And I also get to spend February catching up with friends I haven't seen in forever, one of whom has been in Taiwan and I haven't seen her in almost two years!! I am EXCITED! 

This month has just seemed to whiz by; whether it's due to the old adage "time flies by as you get older" or just having my days filled with work, I can't believe February is already starting this week! So, tell me...


what are you currently
reading, grateful for,
loving, and looking forward to?

btemplates

11 comments:

jenn_are said...

Currently reading A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson. I'm grateful for how sweet my life has been the last couple days. I'm loving my new kitten, and I'm looking forward to my trip home next month.

technicolor-moments.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you're enjoying the book! i inhaled both books in a matter of a week and a half and now that i'm done, i'm all empty inside!

Sara Strand said...

Have I ever mentioned that with every blog post... I expect and engagement announcement? Because it's true. :)

krissy ♥ said...

I'm so happy that you are feeling better, and congratulations on the new job! :)

I got my Kindle just last weekend and right now I've just been busy filling it up with new books, but I am halfway through Ellen Degeneres' "Seriously... I'm Kidding", she's so funny! :D

erika sorocco said...

I just finished reading the final book in the Twilight series - Breaking Dawn. It seemed so weird to turn the last page. Anyways...now I'm reading A Tangle of Knots by Lisa Graff which possesses the adventure/magic of 'From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler' and eloquence/intelligence of 'The Little Prince'. Weird description, yes.

You and The Boy are too cute! :)

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

I am looking forward to a week in Florida at the end of Feb!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Great to know that you are feeling much better. That picture of you and your lovey is sooooo cute! I read this book called THE MAGIC by Rhonda Byrne. I read this back last year and I've been reading it everyday since then. It's about the magic of gratitude and how you can make your wishes come true. It is a great book. You should check it out. Congrats on getting a job!

littletiara said...

reading random stories in the internet, looking at beautiful wedding dresses (it's my hobby lolololol), learning more korean, watching k-dramas but ends up reading the recaps hahaha (yes I am THAT impatient), drawing again, trying out new facial mask... hmmm... what else?

and yay for you getting better~! <3 and double yay for the job! It sounds fun~! ;D

Nashe^ said...

I'm still awaiting the results of a job interview (for a job I really want) but so grateful that I have a temp job to tide me through these few months. Pay isn't fantastic, but at least I can survive okay with it, right.

That is such a kickass photo of you and The Boy! :)

Leesh said...

Glad to hear from you lady! I love when you post.

I am currently reading Safe Haven so I can watch the movie when it comes out on Valentine's Day. I am grateful for my sister-in-laws who I have been feeling really close to these days. I am loving artistic manicures, they are like shellac/gel polish but last for three weeks. And I am looking forward to a day off or a weekend vacation. I have been working my butt off with long hours and weekends because my coworker quit unexpectedly. Sucks for me!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm not currently reading anything...Must work on that. Ha! Happy 2013 lady!