inventory time!

Spring cleaning is upon us. Having the end of a school year usually means 'inventory time' for me -- throwing out all those notes and review sheets that will be of no use to me now that the class is over. But, this year I decided to do another type of inventory -- in my closet.
I'm a bit of a pack rat and find no greater delight than spending an afternoon digging around in my drawers/closets/etc, finding things I forgot I had. Not exactly the best thing. So, I decided to make some room in my closet for those 'fashion staples', and throw out the jeans I wore when I was 16. Yes, that is almost 5 years ago, and they were still in my closet. Now, they'll be going to the local Salvation Army.
It's hard, throwing out things that you attach meaning to. You remember the nights you spent wearing that sweater, the compliments you got while wearing that dress shirt. But it no longer fits you, or the dryer made it shrink a little so the arms no longer meet your wrist. And so, I've shrunk my closet, and increased my closet space. Letting in room for high-quality clothes that I know will last. I went on a shopping spree last Sunday, getting myself a few shirts, dress shirts, and pants, and now, am ready to make new memories with my new wardrobe.
Of course, this led me to think about making an inventory in the rest of my room. I found myself finding letters from old boyfriends and realized these things don't matter to me anymore. So, I'm going to throw them out. Leave room for the significant other in my life now, rather than have crowded drawers full of 'promises of forever' that only ended in heartache.
Spring cleaning means more than just the house or the closet. What kind of spring cleaning are you going to do for yourself this year?


A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
4 comments:
haha I love spring cleaning! I'm going to look through my stuff and see what I can alter/adjust or donate!
Now you've gone and made me think of spring cleaning in a whole new light. Obviously I'm going to have to rethink what type of spring cleaning I want to do for myself this year. By the way, love the blog!
Award time: http://fab.typepad.com/brunette/2009/05/award.html
Thanks for the comments (and the award)! Spring cleaning can mean so many things, so it's interesting to hear everyone's thoughts about it :D
Post a Comment