Pages

my lameness is revealed

Mondays are usually my night to watch TV (save for Thursday, which is all about 'Smallville' and 'Supernatural'). And last night, the show to watch (since 'Gossip Girl' had its finale last week) was 'The Hills'. Yes, it is a guilty pleasure of mine and I don't care how much of it is fabricated -- it's entertaining, and I've always had a special place in my TV-show-loving heart for Lauren Conrad.

To me, in a life of fake-reality, she seemed the most real and the most relate-able, despite the fact that I don't have my own fashion line and don't have a book published (lucky her, I wish I had book deals thrown my way)! Still, I could relate to her mishaps in friendships and relationships and her many rivers created by mascara-covered tears.


I had to throw Brody into that photo collage!


While it could be considered pathetic or pitiful to aspire after a reality TV show star, she's definitely got the smarts to use a TV show to launch a fashion career, so I give her many kudos and props for that.

When I was little, I had this dream to be an actress/singer/songwriter/published author all at once -- the true definition of a 'mega-star'. Once I realized that I live in southern Ontario and have little to no chance of being discovered (which is how I always pictured becoming famous), I decided it's OK to just be me ... and secretly dream of being a star, haha.

So while I may envy Lauren Conrad for living in Laguna Beach (which I admit, I've never watched!), I'm glad that my life is out of the spotlight. While I might relate to her in some scenarios, I wouldn't want to walk in her shoes no matter how expensive they are. Broadcasting my drama (or lack thereof) on TV is not for me.

Still, LC, it's sad to see you go. Her last episode is next Sunday for the finale of The Hills. And ... I'm taking The Boy out for his birthday all day on Sunday, so I'll miss it (yay for reruns!).

Now I must ask, since I've just admitted my love for 'The Hills':
What is YOUR guilty pleasure?

btemplates

9 comments:

Iva Messy said...

you blog is so fun!!!

Anonymous said...

I know, I don't think I'm going to watch The Hills as much when Kristin C is going to be on it. Blegh.

GUILTY pleasure... on tv? Has to be all the Housewives shows (Orange County, NYC, and now NEW JERSEY!!)

I adore the stupidity, the drama, the fakeness of it all ;)

Cafe Fashionista said...

Okay, we have identical taste in TV shows. It's just weird. The Hills? Love. Smallville? Adore. Gossip Girl? Can't get enough of. My guilty pleasure of course, is The Hills. Forever and always it will be The Hills. :)

By the way, your jewelry choice is divine!

nicole mountz said...

Ahh the hills how I love it!! My guilty pleasure?!! Gossip girl all the way. Haha I would never admit how cute I think chuck and Nate are :)

mylittlebecky said...

i "make" chuck watch this show every week. if by make you mean, he loves this show almost more than i do. he's embarrassed :)

Anonymous said...

I actually have The Hills on DVD.
*hangs head in shame*
I LOVE it! Seriously...it's my guilty pleasure. I'm sad to see LC go too.

Nikolett said...

@ Iva: Thanks! :)

@ Margarita: I'm in total agreement. I've never really found Kristin entertaining, and I know it's just going to be fake stories for the sake of trying to entertain. I'll pass! Never watched the Real Housewives, I'm sure it's a hoot :P

@ Cafe Fashionista: That's both weird and awesome at the same time! It means we have excellent taste, I'm sure!

@ nicole addison: Ah, Gossip Girl is amazing. Don't have any shame in calling them cute, I agree!

@ mylittlebecky: That is amazing. I wish I could get my guy to watch the shows I do ... he will forever love 'South Park' and 'Trailer Park Boys' hah.

@ teasinglydiverse: Don't be ashamed!! I got my friend the first three seasons on DVD for her birthday one year, and hoped someone who want to do the same for me. I'm sad I don't own any of them. It'll be sad on Sunday, knowing she won't be on it anymore, for sure.


I'm really glad people can admit to liking 'The Hills' just like I do, now I don't feel so lame anymore :)

Unknown said...

my guilty pleasure is Jon & Kate Plus 8! hehe! ;) can't wait to read more from your blog :)

Krysten said...

Oh I love The Hills too and am so sad to see Lauren go! It definitely won't be the same with out her, she's almost the whole reason I watch the show (plus I love the train wreck that is Heidi and Spencer).

Love your blog!