Pages

new look, new ... me?

So I finally managed to find the time to revamp the blog! There's still a few things I need to get done, but I hope you all like it. I combined my love of coffee with my appreciation of photography ... it's as cheesy as it can get, without unicorns and rainbows.

One new thing that I added that I hope you'll take advantage of is the recipe of the week off to the side. Every Sunday, that link will be changed to another recipe that I hope you'll enjoy! Of course, they're not my own recipes 'cause I ain't no chef. This week, it's cappuccino cheesecake! I'm drooling already.

I feel like this new look represents the 'new me', as in, trying to be brave and learning that it's okay to say 'NO' sometimes. This weekend, I finally made that attempt to cut the ex-boyfriend out of my life. Funny thing is, this isn't the first time this kind of situation has come up.

Years ago, when I was still in my early teens, I had a friend (who was supposed to be my BFF) who I had fun with watching Sex and the City and covering up our eyes and ears at the raunchy parts. She wanted a blog just like I had at the time. Which means, I made her layouts, I made her cool blog name, and I constantly did favours for her. I never asked for anything in return. Until I realized she just kept calling me over to do things for her. I felt taken advantage of. That, combined with other things, led to the friendship's demise.

Now, years later, I'm dealing with an ex-boyfriend who constantly wants me to do favours for him regarding graphics and websites for his job because I have, and I quote, 'a talent'. In the words of Chris Crocker (and I hate that I'm quoting him), "Leave Britney me alone!"

While I don't mind doing things for others, when I know it's only for his benefit, he doesn't care about me, and that it's been a full year and a half since we've stopped dating, I just don't want to do it.

So ... new me. Let's hope it lasts.

btemplates

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment! That recipe sounds TOO good! ;)

Anonymous said...

Aww, I'm glad you're turning a new leaf!

nicole mountz said...

that recipe sounds unbelievable... and you can do it dear... no boy should be taking advantage of your talents and if they are then they should be put in their place :) you seem way too special for any of that nonsense. good luck!

Cafe Fashionista said...

First, cappuccino cheesecake sounds so divine. Oh how I wish I were indulging in a slice right now.

Second, I'm glad that you're starting over. I've been going through a similar thing at work - people bullying me into doing their job because I know how to do it. Just recently, I finally put a stop to it. They need to find someone else to take advantage of!

Nikolett said...

Haha I wish there was a reply button, I should add that in!

@teasinglydiverse: No problem! If you try that recipe out, let me know :D

@Margarita: So am I, for sure!

@nicoleaddison: Thank you for your sweet comment :)

@Cafe Fashionista: I'm proud of you for managing to do that! Any tips on how to stick with it?

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Um, yummmmmm. I want a piece. And way to be! Strong women unite!