random ways to spend a weekend
I had one of those weeks where you just feel like unplugging from everything ... but with a huge website due for class, I wasn't really allowed to. But I kind of took a breather from the blog world, if only for a bit, and I hope that's ok :) With the exception of changing my blog header to make it more spring-like, yipee! But once I get some caffeine in me and put down the video game controller, I'll be back and ready for action! In the meantime, though, I've joined this amazing group called In It To Gym It! (kudos to LiLu), all about motivating yourself to get yourself to where you want to be body-wise or other-wise. You can read my first post here :)
And now:
Random Ways to Spend A Weekend
Make a homemade pizza - no, not Delicissio's (or delivery), but something from scratch :)
Our toppings of choice: pineapples, red pepper, bacon, and extra cheese.
Have a sleepover and then wake up to watch Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.
Where The Boy kept making fun of Legolas (much to my annoyance) and admiring Aragorn.
And where I kept quoting the movie (much to his annoyance).
Eat a lovely lunch of butterscotch pudding cake (recipe of the week!), strawberry toast,
apple pie (yum) and a banana, complete with a tall glass of milk. Fully tummies ahoy!
Then, go home and take a bunch of pics with said sunglasses on.
apple pie (yum) and a banana, complete with a tall glass of milk. Fully tummies ahoy!
Then, head off to your local Target-type place (for Canada, it's Zellers).
Find the most outrageously weird pair of sunglasses that you secretly think you look awesome in.
Get side-tracked by a man holding a Da Vinci Gold giveaway for some necklace with a Swarovski crystal, giving out tickets and saying whoever wins with the right number has to shout out, "Whoopee!" Half-expecting one of the ladies in the crowd to shout that out, but when the man announced the winner as "#743" all we heard was this low, "Whooop-eeee" coming from this guy behind us with huge headphones and a long trenchcoat. Too funny.
Then, go home and take a bunch of pics with said sunglasses on.
Have crazy wind-swept bangs while wearing the weird shades that make me look like a mosquito.
But secretly loving how random the whole weekend turned out :)
I hope you all had an amazing weekend and I promise, severe catch-ups on blogs are in order :)
What made your weekend random?
What made your weekend random?







A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
22 comments:
Cute photos- love your glasses! That pizza and the pudding look yummy :)
Man, that weekend sounds like heaven! And you look not-so-secretly adorable in those glasses, dude.
This sounds like the best weekend ever....
My friend and I just did the Target/Sunglasses thing about a month ago... we still wear our "baller shades" now and then and it makes us happy :)
Your pizza looks AMAZING. Wow~!!
My weekend was spent in the library... ugh. For the next 4 weeks until I am done with class that is where I will be. But soon enough.... I will have fun weekends again!
Love the new header!!
Hahhaha you guys are so cute.
OH dear! pizza? Delish!
Watching movies and annoy each other? Lovely!
And lol. Silly glasses??? WINNER!!! Hahaha... i love your way to spend weekend, far better than mine which only consists of... computer and thesis, and twitter spamming, lol.
ps. and yessss!! i know! Willy wonka is SO creepy! Like the expression and all, his smile reminds me of chesiree cat, heheh, but I love the coldness *falls in love all over again* lol
adoooorable post! and LOL at that completely sugar-loaded breakfast, i totally approve of it since my normal breakfast consists of cookies/ice cream/pie/and a banana (but my boyf just thinks im a sugar obsessed weirdo haha). also big props to the sunglasses pics, as a more the slightly obsessed sunglasses collector i certainly approve of them as well! glad you had such a wonderful weekend :)
I love the shades and that pizza...What made my weekend random was doing a little rock climbing during my morning hike x
Have a great Monday :)
http://hopechella.blogspot.com/
killer sunglasses!!! sounds like a perfectly content looking weekend. specially impressed by your HOMEMADE pizza. can we say...daaaang!!!
that sunglasses is such a ring a ding dong awesome!!!
The foods look good, my dear. Especially the pizza. I love random weekends :)
That pizza looks absolutely amazing! And the butterscotch pudding cake sounds sooooo delicious! :)
Mmmmmm, pizza.
GAWD, I miss pizza.
Thanks for the shout out! Go IITGI!
;-)
pizza and LOTR sounds like a plan to me
and omg you can quote the movie!! that is so cool!!!! XD
I want that pizza!!!!!!!
i kind of can't believe you made that pizza.
I like the glasses, you don't look like a mosquito. I also love the homemade pizza.
My weekend was random because I helped a couple from church move into a new house. We went to a storage facility to unload the 3 units they were renting, and 90% of the boxes in one unit were labeled "Christmas ______" Their house must look like the North Pole barfed during that season...
That pizza looks yummy and I love that movie - glad you could catch up on it! Cute picture of you and the boyfriend too! :)
You and The Boy are the cutest, charming-est, and adorable-st (yep, I invented the last two adjectives :D) I've ever met! I wanna meet you for real! :)
omg!!! you two are so cute lol LOVE your sunglasses and I would love a piece of that pizza!!!!
I REALLY dig your sunnies. They're too fun! And we all need bloggy breaks!
That pizza looks so yummmmyyyyy! You and your boy are just so cute. You guys are such a sweet couple. =)
:O THAT PIZZA LOOKS DELICIOUS! :O :D
Kudos on that, now I want to go look up a recipe and make some :)
Post a Comment