spring galore!
Note from Nikolett: There's not a cloud in the sky, the birds are chirping, the sun is shining ... all that's missing is the warmer weather to match! But me and fellow guest blogger, Josie(bean)! are agreed -- spring fever is in the air. So while I'm huddled inside writing papers, let Josie tell you what kind of things you might consider putting into your wardrobe this spring. And give her a warm welcome, too :) She's just come back from a lil' break from blogging and I could not be more excited about it! {if you haven't joined the giveaway yet, click here for some last-minute wintery fashion!}
First of all, I would like to thank Nikolett for giving me the wonderful opportunity to do my first ever guest blogging spot! There is no other blog I could see as a better fit to “pop my guest blog cherry” haha (those were Nikolett’s words, isn’t she the best?!).
Second of all, I’M ON SPRING BREAK Y'ALL! It couldn’t have come at a better time, and I’m sure all you girls who live in areas with brutal winters can relate when I say I have major spring fever. You know, longing for the days when the sun is actually out for more than 3 out of 24 hours; feeling those sunrays beaming down on bare shoulders instead of frostbite somehow making it past your 80 layers of wool and thermal; and of course the yummiest event of them all - spring fashion! So yes, even though the calendar gods say spring doesn’t start until another 2 weeks (March 20, you better be bringing the damn heat!) I’m taking things a step ahead and pulling out my best florals and pastels for the rest of this month and so forth. Bye bye dreary blacks and grays, come again some other day.
Here a peek at my springtime lust list (picture heavy, get ya peepers ready), including some essential pieces to brighten up any fab gal’s wardrobe:
Forever21 Cocktail Dress
(can be worn with straps or strapless, and there’s probably
nothing I love to wear more than belted dresses)
H&M Cocktail Dress
(another bright & bubbly little number, would go great with the jacket below)
(another bright & bubbly little number, would go great with the jacket below)
Forever21 Woven Jacket in White
(perfect for when your hip leather jacket starts getting too warm. less weight but still just as badass.)
Bikinis
(which I know are more of a summer essential, but spring break for most people means week long vacations to some tropical beach – not me this year, so instead of remaining jealous I’ll just stock up on my slightly obsessed collection. *see here* )
Aerie Fern Bandeau Bikini in Green
(I love these bikinis because the skinny, removable strap that
helps prevent huge tan lines)
Aerie Ruffle Bandeau Bikini
(same skinny strap, perfect floral pattern)
Sunnies/Accessories
(my other obsession *see here*
& I’m up like 12 more since that old post hehe)
I must have about 8 pairs…and I recently bought this exact pair to add to my collection)
American Eagle Fortune Sunnies in Black/Tortoise
I really adore the fun print on these shades)
<3 Lots of Love,
Josie(bean)!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(I love these bikinis because the skinny, removable strap that
helps prevent huge tan lines)
Aerie Ruffle Bandeau Bikini
(same skinny strap, perfect floral pattern)
(my other obsession *see here*
& I’m up like 12 more since that old post hehe)
Forever21 Tortoise Sunnies
(I have a serious tortoise print obsession when it comes to sunnies, I must have about 8 pairs…and I recently bought this exact pair to add to my collection)
American Eagle Fortune Sunnies in Black/Tortoise
Forever21 Clear Lens Sunnies
(for those of you who like to pretend 4-eyes it up in style, I really adore the fun print on these shades)
Forever21 Whisper To Me Earring Set in Green
(I love feathers to touch up a simple outfit or to go super glam on a night out)And there you have it, an extensive list of all your sassy spring essentials - ALL at a super affordable price, HAYNOW! :) Now get out there and strut your floral/pastel hotness, and be sure to visit my blog where I’ll be posting some of my own spring wardrobe pieces. Yeah, you know I had to end with a shameless self-promotion bit :P
<3 Lots of Love,
Josie(bean)!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could I have all of these in my wardrobe - pleeease? Thanks so much for guest blogging Josie, and hopefully this gives you some springtime inspiration, even if these aren't prints/styles you're necessarily into.
And I hope you have an amazing weekend!
(Mine is going to stink, but I'm seeing MUSE on Monday! YAYYYY!)
And I hope you have an amazing weekend!
(Mine is going to stink, but I'm seeing MUSE on Monday! YAYYYY!)











A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
18 comments:
I love love love that H&M cocktail dress, gorgeous picks all around!!
This post has so given me spring fever. I think a little retail therapy is in order.
Have fun seeing Muse, my love!! :)
have so much fun at Muse! my friends are going TONIGHT in Boston and i am so jealous. thanks again for allowing my my first guest blogging spot! i know ive said that like 1093092x now haha but it's a pretty good feeling to be a part of a good friend's blog even after ive been away for so long :)
I loooooove those tortoise sunnies!!
Really cute items!
Just stumbled by & I love your blog! :)
- Audrey Allure <3
http://audreyallure.blogspot.com
Boooooo to spring break!!!! (cus i dont get one, haha) but you deserve it so enjoy it!!! I love those feather earrings!
and now that you're on spring break, you have no excuses for not returning my emails. haha! jk jk!... maybe... ;P
okay so clearly its beans thats on spring break and i neglected to read the fine print. haha! but still nikolett - waiting for your email. hehehe! (take your time :)
I love the first cocktail dress. Flirty while at the same time chic. You should get it, Nikolett!
the white jacket is darling.
floral never gets old. i've been coveting my f21 dress ever since last spring.
great choices!
Happy spring break and I am loving the florals and those Forever21 sunglasses are so adorable!
Ok, that H&M number MUST be mine. Love love love it. Fab guest post!!
beautiful choices! they all make me want the weather to warm up, like NOW. :) MUSE = me jealous
those dresses are KILLER! INSANE! xo
mmm those dresses are fabulous.
I love that first dress! Very cute. Have a great spring break!
LOVE the floral, I can't get enough! LOL, you and your bikini and sunglass obsession, Josie ;)
Enjoy your spring break, lady!
That first dress is really cute! That dress screams out SPRING
Post a Comment