Pages

bitten, burnt, and bothered

Well, doesn't that blog title sound like a bed of rose petals? (I have no clue if that's even the proper metaphor, but I'm sticking with it.) The title refers to: A) got bitten on the face by a bug last week which left a lovely red mark; B) burnt my boob (of all things) while straightening my hair due to it being so long now and wearing a tank top ... it hurt; and C) bothered by having an infection for the last few days and having gorgeous but incredibly hot weather.

It's mostly reason C) that's kept me away from here for the last few days - feeling under the weather means the only time I was on the computer was to do schoolwork (or plays The Sims, I'm not gonna lie), and then I tried to soak in the sun as much as I could, either by myself or with friends. 

In between learning about the Tibetan Book of the Dead and other death rituals, I'm longing for those carefree summer nights (even though it's still spring, but shhh) where you'd just run around in a park, go by the beach and dig your toes in the sand,  go biking ... GAH, it's taking every fibre of my being for me to not run down to my basement to grab my bike - I know the second I do, I'll be out of the house every moment and I'll most likely fail my class. And granted, this class is only two nights a week so I still do have time to have a life - but lately the hangouts are too serious, too weighted, it just makes me wish for those "good ol' days" (I seriously sound like I'm an elderly woman right now, don't I?).

I'm still loving life and I'm trying not to be a Debbie Downer about things - so I'm going to share some happy moments from this last week (in picture form, of course). 

And I have to ask:
How have you spent the last week? :) 
I know I've been out of the loop on your blogs, and I will catch up ... 
but tell me in a comment, too!

Really excited to see How To Train Your Dragon on our 2-year celebration. That movie made me tear up behind my 3D glasses, I loved it.

A beautiful bouquet of blue roses from The Boy :)

Made some German apple cake! Pretty good for my first try.

Fireworks on Victoria's Day! Basically an excuse to have fireworks until 1 in the morning.

Yesterday I met up with a classmate I haven't seen in a while and we went to this Asian vegetarian restaurant for a buffet and ... this was my plate. So delicious. And I had banana ice cream - yum!

Me and my friend - it was so good catching up and sharing our fears about graduating in two weeks (ah!). I was also having a very "bad bangs" day yesterday hehe.

After we said our farewells, I headed to the downtown mall and walked by this fountain.

I wanted to jump in there so badly because it was so freaking hot ...

... instead, I headed inside and had a pomegranate berry chilled drink to cool me down.

After I browsed around the mall, I headed to the farmer's market and ahh ... that place is amazing. So many home-made goods, from food to little trinkets. I was on my way to see my friend who I have my night class with and spotted two things for her - flowers, and then cat grass for the new kitty her and her roommate have!

So adorable! He ended up nom nom nom-ing away on it, but my camera didn't capture it too well.

It's supposed to have a ton of nutrients and good stuff for them. Bon appetit, Kafka!

Hope you're all having a good hump day and I'll try to update within a few days rather than a week later :)

btemplates

15 comments:

Ebbiemae said...

I hope you're feeling better soon! Your blue roses are gorgeous, and cat grass is such a good idea! I really want to get some for Lola and Izzy. The last week was a rough one for me.. lots of chaos and appointments and such.. things are turning around now though. Perhaps your Debbie Downer and my Negative Nancy need to get together to talk about their issues ;) haha

Anonymous said...

the Boy is soo sweet! You've taught him well. I've never seen blue roses before.

Cheer up, lady. Every day you're coming closer and closer to having those carefree summer days back! And what better excuse than the weather to get into shorts even when it's still spring?

the girl in stiletto said...

:) ouch. i sympathize your boob.

Katy said...

I spent the last week working and catching up on TV shows. Yes, I know I need to get outside!

Sara Strand said...

I basically spent the entire week reveling in the fact I was screwing over my employers by putting my resignation in on Monday. Bitches. Oh- and I went to Kentucky/Tennesse. LOVED it.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

There's nothin' good about a burnt boob...but there's lots good about kittens!

Anonymous said...

Aww that kitty cat is so super cute!! I hope you're feeling better soon :)

bananas. said...

oh my gawwwwwsh! that kitty picture is so darn cuuuute! okay i will probably be ooh-ing and ahh-ing over that picture for the rest of the week. haha.

that and the blue roses, you lucky girl :)

erika sorocco said...

Kafka...what a cute name for a kitty!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been swamped lately. It is such a pain when things get in the way of enjoying summer vacation!!

Your German Apple Cake looks scrummy!

As for me...I've been spending far too much time - or, rather, browsing Online for things that I can't afford. But next week school is back in session, so I better enjoy it while I can! :(

Amanda said...

love fountain pictures and hope you're back in tip top shape soon! As for me, I've been doing school, bah.
PS - my word verification was "snapness" :)

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

I hope your 3 B's are better! The kitty is just adorable and the apple cake looks positively delicious! Tomorrow's Friday, woo woo :)

Leesh said...

Oh gosh, I burnt my boob two weeks ago. It's tough to explain but basically, hot water splashed up and burnt me. Ouch!

The German apple cake looks delicious, are you willing to share the recipe?

Monster Girl said...

That asian food looks delicious and so does that kitty! *nibbles cute little kitty toes*

krissy ♥ said...

I'm sorry for the burnt boob x_x

Isn't The Sims the best ever?

Those are beautiful blue roses :)

And your photos of the fountain, ah so refreshing!

Cute kitteeh! :D

Lissa said...

The roses are gorgeous!! And the kitty - too cute! Had an exam yesterday and that ended pretty well. I've got one more coming up and then... graduation! :D Have a great weekend!