for all the mamas out there ...
I'm always a bit skeptical about those commercial holidays that try to make you spend as much money as possible. But I know that so many Moms deserve love, praise, gratitude, so why not dedicate a day to them, right-o? (Of course, in various parts of the world Mother's Day is celebrated on different dates, but in North America it's today!)
Whether you're a Mom to a child (or children), pets, or the mother of a serious DVD/book/clothing collection, you deserve a round of applause and a huge hug for all that you do. And if you have your Mom nearby - even if you might not always get along - give her a big hug :) And if she's not nearby, keep her in your thoughts and throw a big mental hug her way :)
Whether you're a Mom to a child (or children), pets, or the mother of a serious DVD/book/clothing collection, you deserve a round of applause and a huge hug for all that you do. And if you have your Mom nearby - even if you might not always get along - give her a big hug :) And if she's not nearby, keep her in your thoughts and throw a big mental hug her way :)
Mama, I love you ... Mama, my friend ...
- "Mama" by Spice Girls (ALWAYS makes my mom cry)
My Mama ...
- is sensitive, just like me :)
- makes some of the best food I've ever tasted
- gives me hugs even though she probably thinks I'm weird everytime I ask for one
- gives me advice even when I don't want to hear it
- plays video games, RIDICULOUSLY well
- is sweet, considerate, with a beautiful smile
- made all my Barbie clothes for me & my sis when we were younger
- loves "Twilight", but is not a Twimom (I hope not, anyways)
- likes to spend time alone, but never says 'no' to quality time with me & Shadow
- has a green thumb, sews, hems, cooks, cleans ... she's a Wonder Woman
Love this photo from my 2nd birthday :) My mama's got style!
Hanging inside a weird tree!
Right before I turned 14, in Old Quebec City on vacation.
And my favourite 'recent' photo, 2 years ago in Poland.
And my sister deserves some love - even though I don't get to see her as much now (Skype date, soon?) - she is such an amazing mother and my niece is lucky to have my sister as a mom haha. Lots of hugs to both of you :) And of course, there's many (although I'm not listing all!) mommy bloggers out there - Iva, Aubrey, a BonBonRose Lady, Juliana from A Blonde Walks Into a Blog, Sara and her Organized Chaos, and gals like LiLu, Nicole, Michelle from Gooseberried, and Mayra who are mothers to some fuzzy animals :) Hope you all have a Happy Mother's Day!
Ooo, and get ready for a recipe tomorrow ... tiramisu, anyone?
Hope you had a great weekend!







A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
11 comments:
aww you are so sweet. that picture of you in the weird tree with your mom is so precious! you look the exact same! happy mother's day to your mom and sis:) aw and thanks for the little shout out. i need to go give riley a big hug! xo:)
I LOVE that last picture! It's so beautiful. And you are so incredibly sweet Nikolett!! I am so glad and honored to be blogging with you. I can't believe I have "known" you about a whole year now! You are such a sweet person. Thank you for that. I always smile coming to your place here! I hope you are having a nice day. Happy Mother's Day in every sense of 'mother' ....you are so caring...one day you will make a little one, one very lucky baby!
ps that spice girls song always makes me cry too!
Yay for shoutouts! Well I'm the mother of kids, and a whole slew of whores and sluts- so yay for that.
I am trying to find a picture of my mom from back in the day...
Love all these pics... I don't know if I know that Spice Girls song but I am off to listen to it now!
Happy mama's day to your mama!!
PS- I'm with you on the made-up Hallmark holidays. Mother's Day seems legit enough to me... but Sweetest Day? I refuse.
What a sweet post - I love the pictures! (And tiramisu is my favorite dessert - can't wait for your next post!)
Awwww... what a sweet post. Did your mom get to read this? I'm sure this would really touch her heart. Aren't moms the best? Belated Happy Mom's Day to your mom.
So sweet :) You're all beautiful women :)
"mother of a serious DVD/book/clothing collection" <- loved this! I am so a Mom for all three :D
aww i love reading all these posts...i decided not to do one since i just did one a few days ago wishing my mom a happy birthday! haha. and you haven't changed much since childhood! adorable (: have a good week lady. xo
first of all, your mom does have style. she's beautiful! i see where you get your adorable looks and smile. hope you had a fun day with her!
also, big thanks for mentioning me. you're so funny. i like to think of myself as a mother of two crazy fur babies but usually nobody else does.
Thanks for the shout out! I love all the pix, they are so cute!!
Haha love this! Furbabies count too!!! :-)
Post a Comment