the couple that gets fillings together...
Since I left the beloved west coast of Canada, I've plunged myself into a list of to-dos-but-don't-really-want-to-do, including going to the dentist. Once my baby teeth fell out it was sayonara cavities, and I was sure my teeth would forevermore be perfect (haha, wishful thinking). After a year or so of not going, my longtime dentist (who reminds me of Dan Aykroyd for some reason) happily informs me, "You have three cavities, possibly four." Imagine me, looking absolutely traumatized.
So I've spent most of this week with my mouth half-frozen and two people prodding around, drilling into my teeth. The Boy, whose dentist is frequently busy, decided to schedule his filling appointment at my dentist office on the same day, half an hour after my appointment. The couple that gets fillings together, stays together? :)
Apart from that, I've been spending some time with friends before the hecticness of September arrives. Lately it's been watching movies with The Boy (seeing The Expendables in the theatres, which was loaded with testosterone and the awesome Jason Statham as well as getting What Happens In Vegas on DVD courtesy of an early birthday giftcard), as well as catching up with a longtime childhood friend over coffee and mini-putt, and now I'm making some plans for my birthday next week.
Mini-putt pro? :P
On the last day of August, I'll be twenty-two! I have officially passed the ages worth celebrating (sweet 16, turning 19 in Canada, being legal everywhere at 21) but since age ain't nothin' but a number, I'm still going to have a celebration with my close girlfriends a couple of days earlier :) Mainly I just want to take as many pictures as my memory card allows since it'll most likely be our last big hangout of summer '10.
I'm still being nostalgic about this summer coming to an end, so I'm going to be sharing more photos/memories from Vancouver from time to time, if you don't mind!
Speaking of summer '10 ...
what are your plans for the rest of it?
Are you looking forward to Autumn?
I'm still being nostalgic about this summer coming to an end, so I'm going to be sharing more photos/memories from Vancouver from time to time, if you don't mind!
With my niece at the gorgeous fountain in front of the Vancouver Art Gallery!
Posing it up!
Spying on my sister, tee-hee.
A grizzly bear on Grouse Mountain! This was after it charged some lady, hehe.
And food porn in the form of a baguette with pear, blue brie, prosciutto, roasted walnuts, oil & vinegar. Probably the most delicious and most filling sandwich I've had this year :)
Hope you have a great rest of the week :)








A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
18 comments:
that is some serious food porn - it loks amazing!
How was the expendables - I cant decide whether to go see it.
hehe I love that you got fillings at the same time - our dentists are in different counties!
Haha! I love the fact that you and The Boy got fillings together - that is so random...yet, oddly enough, utterly adorable! :P
I feel as if I have had no summer, as I have been in school the entire time; but I plan to spend the last warm days shopping for fall clothes. Because honestly, how can one resist stocking up on boots and sweaters in 100-degree heat? :P
foood!!! foooood!!! *drools* why is it no matter how full I am food always looks interesting for me? Is it normal??? hahaha...
love your cousin! and the peeking shot! :P I love candid pictures, your sister (and you, of course) look gorgeous! :D
That sub looks AMAZING lol. Totally want a sub for lunch now! haha.
gah!!! stop reminding me about the dentist.. i've been putting it off mainly b/c i have to find a new dentist since my dentist moved further away. BOOOOOO!!! If only I was 10 years younger, my mom would be the one dealing with booking my dentist visits. hahaha!
yes, i am looking forward to autumn and all these spiders in my house going away and the beehive underneath our patio stairs too.
whoa whoa whoaaaa where'd you get that yummy looking sandwich?!?
haha, it's kind of ridiculously cute that you and your boy get tooth fillings together.
also, your food porn is making me hungry. :P
Oh yes please share some sun just for the remainder of my british summer haha.
you're hair is gorgeous, i love the colour and bangs!
cute post girly :)
Jaymie
http://jaymieocallaghan.blogspot.com/
OMG, that sandwich brings back good memories!!
lolness. yes. i'd like to believe that couples who do fillings together stay together :)
i wonder what about the girl who lets her boy's mom (the dentist) probe her mouth??? hmmm i wonder does that mean that they're kind of soul mate or something ahahaha
You still have to hit 25! The age when you can rent a car with no young-driver surcharges.
I'll be twenty-six in January, so I don't even have 25 to look forward to anymore! So count your blessings :)
(although now I save about 30$ a day when I rent a car. yay!)
I've missed my little nikolett! Come back forever! :)
It feels like autumn here and as sad as I am that summer is on its way out- I'm thrilled with autumn being here. It's my favorite season!
Happy birthday for next week! Welcome to the 22 club! :D
Oh, I am tooth-obsessed x_x I had braces for 5 years and my teeth turned out really nice, but now a space has started to appear again :(
Beautiful, fun photos Nikolett!!
Weeeeeeeh your birthday's coming up! :D
What Happens in Vegas is one of my favorites!
Happy early birthday! I recently visited Vancouver - it was beautiful! I stayed near the art galleries by Yaletown and I regret not getting in any gallery visits :(
omg! you guys are the cutest couple everrrrrr! Hehehehe. Happy birthday sweetie!
22 is symmetric!! Have a lovely, lovely birthday fellow Virgo!! Thank you for your birthday wishes :D
UGH, I've had to endure more from the dentist than I care to remember. Sorry lady! LOVE those metallic sandals!
Post a Comment