Pages

i'm a palindrome (22)!

After ten years of waiting in anticipation (okay, not really) I have reached the age where I am a palindrome again - I'm 22 today! The eve of my birthday was spent reminiscing about the amazing day with my friends on Sunday (more details in a future post), cooking myself pasta and making home-made bruschetta while watching the last episode of K-drama Coffee House (tear), blasting the Mumford & Sons CD and then ...

... looking through old photo albums. One of my biggest fears is to lose my memory which is why I seem to take a gazillion photos of just about everything - so that when I glance at these photos decades from now, memories will come flooding back to me. While I remember birthday celebrations from the last ten or so years, my birthdays from the toddler/early childhood era are somewhat of a misty haze in my mind. This is why I love cameras:

 Go shawty, it's your birthday! I got swagger on my 7th birthday, haha =P

Cuddling my teddy bear on my fifth birthday - look at that awesome casette player!

SURPRISE! Okay, not really birthday-related, but I've always loved this photo.
(especially the flashing-her-butt doll in the background, lolz)

Today's a bit of a mystery/surprise as I'm spending most of the day with The Boy, who has kept his lips tightly shut regarding any details of what we're actually doing. But either way, I can't wait to celebrate with him :)

But before I bury myself under the covers and have my first set of dreams as a twenty-two year old, here is a picture which shows how far I've come fashion-wise and the beginnings of my crazy facial expressions:

C'mon Barbie, let's go partay!

Hope you've been having a good week so far - 
it can only get better from here :)

btemplates

18 comments:

Adele said...

happy birthday, lovely! sorry for being so mia, but im glad i'm back in time to wish you a very blessed birthday (: you look exactly the same as a kid! and you were (and still are) so very adorable. have a fantastic celebration today! much love xooxoxox

krissy ♥ said...

Hee I love the photos of young Nikolett! It must be the nth time I am greeting you, but I don't care. Happy birthday! I hope you have a grrreat celebration with The Boy! Do share what he had in store for you, mmmkay? :)

And, "One of my biggest fears is to lose my memory which is why I seem to take a gazillion photos of just about everything". Ohmygosh! I can totally relate! That's also one of the main reasons why I blog, just so I can have something to look back to :)

Again Nikolett, sending all my love from Manila. Prayers of cheers, laughter and love to you! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG I can't believe you posted these pix!!

Monster Girl said...

Happy birthday! Welcome to the 22 club! :)

Ani. said...

Happy Birthday!!

I remember my own 22nd to be the best yet.

Mumford & Sons are amazing, right?

Bree said...

Happy birthday!! Adorable pictures!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Hey pretty! Happy Happy birthday! You are cuter and cuter each year. Have a great one. =)

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :)

Unknown said...

i've greeted you on twitter, email...and of course i have to greet you here too! hehe! You still look the same... cute and funny (in a good way) with great fashion sense. I mean really... the barbie top with flower pants is just amazingness in a photo. hehehe! HAVE AN AWESOME DAY! I'm sure Boy will be great with his surprises! Can't wait to hear all about it! Cats, out!

oh, oh, oh!!! YES! I do love Bejeweled. I'm on Level 45. BYAHHHH!!!!!!!

Christine said...

Happy Birthday!

xoxo

the girl in stiletto said...

happy birthday nikolettttttt

finally the right page (RT krissy's comment box haha!)

i LOVE all those photos. you don't change at all! you look the same (and cute!)

littletiara said...

Ohhhh look at those cute little nikoletts!!! Hahaha!!! I am too one forgetful person, who is afraid of forgetting any important memories, thus the blogs and camwhoring, haha... (nice excuse, right?)

and oooohhh... HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU LOVELY LADY!!! ;D I hope you are having some nice celebration with le boy right now, because you surely deserve it! And with your family too! :D

How I wish I can go fly there and spend a day with you too :P

all in all, have agreat birthday blast, I wish you ALL the best stuff! ;)

ps. you're a year older than me again... oh well... lol

Anonymous said...

HAPPY FRICKN BIRTHDAY!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Happy happy bday! I hope it was amazing!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Happy birthday! Enjoy!!! :)

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Hey birthday girl! I have a little award for you over at my blog. =)

P said...

You're such a cutie!!

Sadly, my next pallindrome birthday will be 33 - which is just over 2 years away at the moment. Eek.

Hope you had a good one! :)

Anonymous said...

MINI-YOU IS SO CUTE.
Just like Vicky from Small Wonder. I don't know if you've ever watched that show...I used to watch it when I was a kid, and your childhood pictures randomly reminded me of her! :p