live from vancouver!
You know you're in Vancouver when all the ads on the Internet keep talking about day trips to Whistler and Groupon tickets for Vancouver restaurants. Such smart advertising robots! I AM HERE AND ALIVE! And currently dealing with a problematic off-on Internet situation ...
... But on the plus side, I'm here with my sister and my niece (and my bro-in-law) in a beautiful city whose "humidity" feels like a soft breeze compared to my city. I've only been here for a couple of days and am just starting to get over my jetlag, a jetlag which means I'm up at the crack of dawn-ish (6:30am) every morning.
It's amazing looking down at the hustle and bustle of the city, the boats making their constant trips, the runners who work out at any time of the day, the other fellow camera-obsessers who have MUCH nicer cameras than I have, and relishing in the fact that I have yet to be carded here in Vancouver (which is also a relief because I kept forgetting to stow away my ID in my wristlet). There's so much to be explored still, and I am stoked to see it all.
But enough chit-chat for now: here are some pictures from my first couple of days in Vancouver. And today I'm meeting up with KYM! I'm so excited and by the sounds of some comments I'm getting, you're all going to seriously hurt me if I don't take lots of pictures with her haha. Never fear, my camera is with me wherever I go :)
... But on the plus side, I'm here with my sister and my niece (and my bro-in-law) in a beautiful city whose "humidity" feels like a soft breeze compared to my city. I've only been here for a couple of days and am just starting to get over my jetlag, a jetlag which means I'm up at the crack of dawn-ish (6:30am) every morning.
It's amazing looking down at the hustle and bustle of the city, the boats making their constant trips, the runners who work out at any time of the day, the other fellow camera-obsessers who have MUCH nicer cameras than I have, and relishing in the fact that I have yet to be carded here in Vancouver (which is also a relief because I kept forgetting to stow away my ID in my wristlet). There's so much to be explored still, and I am stoked to see it all.
But enough chit-chat for now: here are some pictures from my first couple of days in Vancouver. And today I'm meeting up with KYM! I'm so excited and by the sounds of some comments I'm getting, you're all going to seriously hurt me if I don't take lots of pictures with her haha. Never fear, my camera is with me wherever I go :)
Reunited and it feels so good :) And a mere twenty-four hours later, we may or may not have dyed our hair (it's what us sisters do!).
With my adorable niece (who always wants to hold my hand, cute thing) on a water taxi.
Eating scrumptious gelato next to an artsy-fartsy (and I mean that in the kindest way possible) building. I've come across tons of public art, much of which I don't understand, but it's refreshing to look at compared to my lack-of-public-art city.
Standing next to the Olympic torch! It wasn't lit but y'know, it only costs $3,000 to light it up on special occasions. And my birthday is the very last day of this month. Any donations? ;)
In a nutshell my days have been full of gasping at the amount of Starbucks here, trying out new foods, singing B-B-BENNY AND JETS loudly on the patio at a restaurant because it's our song (ever since 27 Dresses) and trying to catch The Boy on MSN whenever I can. And now it's Friday - time to take care of my niece, meet up with Kym(!!!), and take in more of this place.
What are your plans for the weekend? :)
Hope you have a great one!






A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
10 comments:
I am pretty sure your sister will take you to Granville Island but make sure she takes you to get some donuts. She will know what I am talking about. Enjoy the rest of your trip. I look forward to hopefully seeing more Vancouver posts from you. Have fun!!!
Cute pics. love the one of you and your sis! Enjoy your time w/ her :)
EEEEKKKK! 6.5 more hours!!! Uhmmm... don't be shocked at how short i am. hahaha!! i'm gonna look like a little exchange student beside you. ;D
lovely photos, looks like your enjoying your trip.
just found your blog so going to go have a look at older posts to
Jaymie
♥
http://jaymieocallaghan.blogspot.com/
i'm working this weekend. but oh well.
your sister & your niece are so adorable!!!!
say hi to kymchi for meeeee.
and hug that little muppet for me too :)
So happy for you! You and your sister are so pretty and your niece is adorable! :)
I'm excited to see your pictures with Kym!!! :D
omg! how should I say it? I am so envious of you! You are meeting two of my favorite bloggers in one go! :O
can't wait to see more of you and Kym! Hahaha... it's like the awaited big concert or some sort of... mwahahaha... xD
and yeaahh... your sister and you and your niece are adoooorable ;)
Awww...reunited with your sister and family sounds awesome! I know you are having a wonderful time there, make each day memorable sweetie and yes take lots and lots of pictures for us. Oh and super cool that you get to meet Kym, I bet she is even much nicer in person. Say hi to Kym for us. =)
Hey girl! Looking gorgeous as always! Gave you a little mention on my blog today too xxxx
You and your sister are two of my most favorite people in the blogosphere. Love to see you ladies together, looking gorgeous!:)
ps. how adorable is Princess!
Post a Comment