Pages

mellow autumn

I feel like I'm re-using my fingers for the first time in weeks just by typing here ... I haven't updated in a while and along with seasons changing, you might have noticed a little change in the layout here (hint hint, wink wink, come take a look if you're viewing this via a reader)! It might just be a temporary look but I felt like something fresh, something new and I've always wanted to make a Scrabble-inspired layout. Blame it on being an English major who loves words too much.

While I could explain all that I've been up to over the past few weeks, I only have two things on my agenda: catch up on all the blogs that I've missed, and provide a little peace offering for being a hermit. When I was younger I used to make a gazillion mixed CDs, photoshopping covers with the main artists on them. Why not do it now in digital form? So here goes! If you all like, I might try making these every month/every other month.

This month's mix? A little mellow, a little hipstery, with lyrics about change and the like. I'd like to call these Caffeinated Mixes :)


Blend from a 2008 wallpaper I made using own photos. Previous cover used photo from here.
Youtube play-button idea was an inspiration from Cafe Fashionista with her Play It Again, Sam! feature.
001. Brooke Fraser - Something in the Water
002. Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros - Home
003. School of Seven Bells - Windstorm
004. Coldplay - Don't Panic
005. Vince Vaccaro - Costa Rica (Acoustic)
006. Muse - Shine (Acoustic)
007. Mumford and Sons - Thistle and Weeds
008. William Fitzsimmons - I Don't Feel It Anymore (George Raquet Remix)
009. Zee Avi - Is This The End
010. William Fitzsimmons - So This Is Goodbye (Pink Ganter Remix)
011. Florence and the Machine - Cosmic Love
012. Charmaine - Tied To The Ground
013. A Fine Frenzy - What I Wouldn't Do
014. Kate Walsh - Your Song
015. 2NE1 - You and I

And if you'd like to download it, CLICK HERE! :) Just a note: probably all of these mixes will feature at least one song by Muse and one J-Pop or K-Pop song because I listen to those three every single day. Either way, I hope you get to enjoy some of the music I'm into!

Does this count as a good peace offering? No? You want me to come into your house and clean it once a week and bake you delicious cookies afterwards? Errm ... we'll see what I can do about that. But for now, I'm back to blogging baby!

What have you all been up to? 
Happy September's over?
(I am!)

btemplates

15 comments:

Unknown said...

yes, i'm pretty sure a valid peace offering will have to include actual cookies. hahaha! just kidding! i'm glad you're back and back with a new look that i love love love (scarbble pieces rock)

you know - for some reason i couldn't find any jumping photos of me in 2008... i know... know.

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Welcome back sweetie. I missed you! Hmmm...now about that peace offering. I'll email you my address and you could send me some cookies and chocolates. hahahaha. Just kidding. I love your new layout by the way. Have a great weekend hun!

London Girl said...

Out of interest... Do you think Scrabble is better than coffee?

;)

erika sorocco said...

Ah, yayay! I'm so glad you have returned, Nikolett - I missed you! This mix is absolute perfection - the ideal way to begin a new month!! :)

Anonymous said...

OOooo...the new look is looking good! :)

Terese Mörtvik said...

Look hon, it's great that you gave me cred for the original picture since that's pretty much all I ask for when people post my stuff on their blog. What's not so great is when you crop my photo, add text to it, and use it as a cover for your mix-CD (and I bet it's included in the download as well), without so much as a by-your-leave. That kinda makes me not so happy.

//Tessa, http://kreativ.blogg.se

Nikolett said...

@ Kym: I will gladly bring you cookies next time I come to Vancouver :) And tsk tsk at no jumping photos (I kid!).

@ ChinkyGirLMeL: As long as you send some goodies back I'd be up for that :P And thanks!

@ London Girl: I think I might ... games of Scrabble last a lot longer than a cup of coffee!

@ Erika: Thank you! :)

@ littlemissjuicy: Thanks so much, lady.

@ Tessan: I'm so sorry, that was not my intention at all. I can change it if that's what you'd prefer, that's not a problem. I always try to give credit where credit is due, but I can understand you not liking your photographs altered.

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE Scrabble!!!
Great NEW layout hun. Though it did take me a while to find where your comments were :)) LOL

Have a wonderful weekend. And no worries about not being around Blogger much...i too have not.
LIFE HAPPENS & TIME FLIES!

Anonymous said...

Very cute layout, I love it!! Very you!

Anonymous said...

I don't play scrabble but your new layout is fun! :) and of course includes the all-important coffee cup!

bananas. said...

welcome back hun!!! it was so nice to see a familiar face commenting. i hope you've been well. great mix...very mellow indeed!

scrumptious said...

Hi there ^_^
I love your new blog layout, it's simply adorable and the scrabble pieces add a nice effect!
lol and I love the mixed album idea, a great way for finding new music :)

Anonymous said...

OMG, no doubt you and I are friends!

First off, I'm pretty much like you. I also make mixed CDS that I play in the car, especially for long drives. I love coming up with playlists; it's actually one of my favorite things to do!

And hey, SCHOOLS OF SEVEN BELLS?! Enough said.

Great taste in music, nikolett. I pride myself on my taste in music too. :)

Leesh said...

I love your new layout!

I also love how you did those youtube play button for your playlist. You have to teach me how to do that one day (you know how slow I am with learning new things for blogging - I am still ever so thankful for the comments issue you helped me resolve).

Unknown said...

you're overdue for an update missy!!!! ;P just kidding... i just miss your posts. :)