Pages

for mamas and may days

Whether you present her with a massage, a gift, a homemade meal, or just sending love to her in your heart and mind, I hope you all enjoy today on this mother's day, and I'm sending a bucket of love to those bloggers who are mamas, whether to amazing children or adorable critters :) Last year I had a bit of an homage to my mama, but this year I'll just share one of my favourite pictures of us. It's a shame, really, that we take the most pictures together when we're on vacation and holidays rather than random moments, but that means I definitely can't wait until our trip to Vancouver this Saturday!!

My love for my mom is like a scarf ... it wraps her up haha.
Here's us in Gdansk, Poland in 2008!

These May days have been pretty kind to me thus far (and to knock on wood, hopefully they'll continue)! It's finally beginning to feel like spring, which is a relief. Lately I've been busting a move to Wii's Just Dance with my closest friends that I haven't seen in forever, and indulging in way too much green tea ice cream and drumsticks. Here's what's been filling up my May so far; I hope you've had good days for this first week and that the rest of May brightens up even more for you!

Mmm, green tea makes my day; especially while having a Boys Over Flowers marathon with my friend (only three episodes left for us, and we don't want it to end)! Next up: Coffee Prince.


Being able to spend time with The Boy without him having to read 500-page books each week is so amazing :) We've been filling it up with hikes, watching movies, and cuddling. And oh yeah - do you like my makeover? Hahahaa ... I've been trying to figure out how I should have my hair for my sister's wedding and found a website where you can 'try on' celebrity hairstyles and decided to see what I'd look like blonde. I'll probably go for one of Zooey Deschanel's half updos instead, though.

Pizzas (especially homemade) are the best(est). Definitely #4 on the list of what's better than coffee!


The other day The Boy noticed a fair had rolled into town, and we decided to try a ride out (and a gourmet hot dog that was teeny-tiny). He chose - the ferris wheel, something neither of us have really been on before because we're both wusses when it comes to heights. As soon as we lifted off he went, "Ohh, this was a bad idea! Why'd you come up with this?!" Although the rocking made us feel a bit uneasy (and totally reminded me of the scene from Never Been Kissed at 1:30 right here) I can now successfully cross off 'kissing at the top of a ferris wheel' on my bucket list.

Now I have to ask:
What's been filling up your days lately?
And what 'mellow' songs do you love to listen to?

P.S. Since some of you aren't big cupcake/dessert fans, I send you an abundance of bearhugs and (insert favourite dessert-type meal here)! :)

btemplates

10 comments:

Carlito86 said...

Mm that pizza looks delish! Ahh that sounds so sweet about your ferris wheel kiss <3 I really want to go to a fair but more often than not the ones over here are trampy and not somewhere you really wanna hang out...I want a fair like in The Notebook...preferably with Ryan Gosling haha... <3 xxxx

Anonymous said...

love this post! since i live about 962 miles away from my mom, i, too, only take photos with her when i'm on vacation. thanks for your comment. i called her today, she's still not doing well. test results are taking forever.

krissy ♥ said...

Awww Nikolett you look like a pretty Barbie with that hairstyle! I wanna see the Zooey Deschanel-style, too! Love her! Check out her band She & Him's songs! They're perfect for spring :)

And gosh, your Mom looks so young, you could be sisters! <3

littletiara said...

1. i love your coat in the picture of you and your mom, and happy mom's day for her too! :D i know she's happy with your present, isn't she? :D

2. I've always been curious about green tea ice cream, had never tasted it but it looks seriously good >,<

3. LOL. You and your asian-addict, I love you! Hahaha... I just finished watching Cinderella's sister, I gotta say I love the acts, not so much for the storyline, but seriously the main actress is gooood! >,<

4. Love the picture of you and The Boy, sweeet! anyway, I always love couple pictures, lololol...

5. You look uber cute in that blonde-curled hair! And I know that kind of sites too! Kinda addicting although pretty silly, hahaha xD

6. PIZZA! Omg! The pizza looooks soooo yummy! I wish I knew how to bake a pizza! :O

7. OMIGOSH! Seriously cute! Kissing on top of the ferris wheeeeel!! >,< yeah, one thing in my list too, haha :D

my days are filled with textbooks, curves of supply and demands and how to communicate with business partners stuffs... lol.

and mellow songs? Hmm... I'm listening to more instrumental songs lately, so... I'm not sure if they're mellow enough, but Yann Tiersen's songs are... yeah, kinda mellow I think. That, if you want some instrumental reference :D

erika sorocco said...

Ohmigosh that homemade pizza looks incredible - I want! And you in blonde hair is gorg!

Homework has been filling up my days lately, but that will soon change as this is the final week in my semester. Yayay! :P

Anonymous said...

cute post!

and thanks for the website where you can test out hair styles. i've been thinking about getting permanent waves in my hair (my hair is dead straight) but not sure how i would look so i'm def going to check out this site.

ps - you look cute as a blonde!

Unknown said...

1) happy mommas day to your mom!!

2) EEEK! I can't believe it's only 4 days away until you fly over here! Totally excited for our date on the 17th!

3) Let's stick with the before pic. hahaha!

4) PIZZZZZZZZA. stupid wedding diet.

5)The usual is filling up my days lately - HERRO + WEDDING!!!

5)

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Belated happy mom's day to your mom. Oh and i love the pictures as always. Oh and that pizza looks soooooo good. I was supposed to have a pizza date with my mom today but ended up having to cancel because I've been having a terrible stomach flu and all that cheese might make it worse. Boohooo. Oh and I know you guys will definitely have fun watching Coffee Prince! I know I sure did!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I hope your mama had a beautiful day even if she couldn't spend it with her lovely daughter!

Sheri, RN said...

Beautiful post! :)