simple smiles #6 & meme!
You know when you blow your nose a ridiculous amount of times and then you get a red raw nose and then skin starts to flake off? Yeah, I hate that and I have it right now. (Way to start off your 'simple smile' blog entry with some positivy, Nikolett)! It's yet another workweek for me, but my simple smile for this week comes from 1) you lovely people who told me about my comments messing up (I made it pop-up, I hope it works now!); and 2) from this weekend and the times that I spend with The Boy. He really cheered me up from a week of sickness and school.
First off, I love our random conversations:
HIM: So I was going pretty fast, just like the Transporter --
ME: Unf, he's so hot.
HIM: B-but ... he's bald!
ME: But he's got the swagger, and the accent, and the muscles --
HIM: But he's bald!
ME: That's ok with me!
HIM: Would you like it if I said Britney Spears was hot?
ME: But ... she's not anymore. She's past her prime.
HIM: What about Catherine Zeta-Jones?
ME: But she's an older woman!
HIM: But she's hot.
ME: Yeah. She is. I'll give you that.
HIM: *can't think of a comeback*
ME: Don't worry, you're hotter than the Transporter.
HIM: *beams with joy*
Second, I love our simple joys. Tickling each other on my front lawn like 5-year old kids, and then going on a road trip to a lake for some fishing. There we got caught in a rainstorm while the sun was still shining, which was beautiful.

Such bizarre weather ... followed by cuddling!

Delish!
Plus, we had a yummy picnic complete with macaroons, so I had to incorporate that into the recipe of the week, fool! ... Um, sorry. :D
In other news, the lovely Chere tagged me in a MeMe! The rules: the rules: Share 7 things about me and then pass this award on to 7 bloggers! Here goes!
1) I'm left-handed ... my Father, to this day, keeps reminiscing about the fact that I refused to switch over to being right-handed, but I'm sticking with my original writing hand even though there aren't many perks associated with it -- except being more creative? Yay, me!
2) I've read the Harry Potter series at least 15 times, save for the last two books (4 times each). On another note, I love re-watching and re-reading things, looking for all those little details I missed the first eighteen times around, haha.
3) By the way, I'm seeing "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" tomorrow at midnight, after a day of work from 7am-2pm, practicing Shakespeare from 4pm-7pm, and night class from 7pm-9pm. Craziness tomorrow!
4) I think I swallowed a cold/flu-preventative pill incorrectly and now I keep feeling like it's caught in my throat and I keep feeling as though I have to burp. Appetizing!
5) I officially have $0.10 on my cell phone right now -- which, incidentally, is pretty much the worse cell phone ever, haha.
6) When I was little, I used to hop onto the top of my couch and pretend it was a balance beam and do 'gymnastics', and spin around on my tiled floor pretending I was a figure skater. In reality, I am no athlete!
7) I'm so thankful for all of you that I've met through this blog. I never imagined I'd meet such amazing people out there, that I love to read on a daily basis :)
Random, cheesy, and very 'me' facts; I'm sharing this with Aubrey; josie(bean); Notes From The Tooth Fairy; Girl With The Golden Touch; bananas.; Sarah; Kym, and Y-O-U if you haven't done it already!
Now I've gotta ask:
- What made your weekend? and
- Who is that special someone who is always able to make you smile?
Hope you've had a fabulous start to the week -- if not, there's a few more days to make it better!r


A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
20 comments:
I HATE the caught-in-the-throat feeling. Especially when you KNOW nothing's there... WTF?
aw you're romance is adorable. i have conversations like that with my boy all the time except mine end with me saying, "ew you think she's hot?! wow. i'm starting to think less of you." of course, i'm kidding. i'm harsh like that. anywho, thanks for the tag. i've done something similar but hey i can come up with 7 more!
Aw, you two are too cute!! Great list of things about you!
liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com
LOL! My ex used to look like Jason Stathem SO much. I like to think Jason is a better person than the ex though :) Thank you muchly for the tag pretty lady!
Mwah
xx
aha. I love those pictures of you and your boy, plus your convo! I always have the same random conversation like that too :D
and wow! Harry potter! I;ve never read it, lol. really, I watched the film but never.ever read any of the books.
Okay, I read... some pages of it, lol xD
I spent my weekend cooking with my mom, which wasn't really made my weekend but ah! At least that's better than nothing :)
the special someone? Of course it's "that" special someone :P
boooo! i hate the flaky nose feeling!
you and the bf are so cute and sweet together! :) i love random conversations, its one of the things i treasure the most between my bf and i ! haha!
me wants some macarooons... *mmmmm*
You two look sooo sweeet !:) I'm glad you fix the comment section, was confused yesetrday when I wanted to comment :)
Yay I can comment! How fantastical!
you guys are really cute. How did you meet?
Thank you for the meme! i think i might have done it... but im not sure. i am awful at doing these things and i never really remember!
have a good day!!!!
I love the idea of tickling on the front lawn. That's totally sweet.
Oh finally, I can comment already! Whew! :)
That conversation's sweeeeeeeet! And yeah I agree with you, Britney Spears is soooo yesterday. And yeah, Catherine Zeta Jones is one hot momma!
You've read Harry Potter for that amount of time? Omigosh, I stopped reading at the third book because it's toooo long.
I'm a leftie too! :)
Oh and the one person that can always bring a smile to my face is my wonderful bestie in London. He's the best friend a girl could ask for! <3
you two are adorable :) josh makes me so so happy of course! and my weekend involved a bunch of wedding stuff that made me so anxious to have my own! and i HATE when you swallow pills wrong! ahh its the worst!
Thanks for the tag...i'll hop right on that. Well, NOT literally!!! I'd have to say my family makes me smile. Giving too. I'm a HUGE giver.
I know it's so cliche, but Brad Pitt makes me smile. Everytime I see him on TV I'm all like gushy; and what does swagger mean anyway?
My husband and my lovely dog Lily!!
aww you two are super super cute!! im glad you had a good weekend despite being sick, those pics look gorgeous!
and im totes jeal that you get to see HP at midnight, me and my boyf have early workdays the next day and thus have to wait until the weekend to see it. hope it's good! :)
A new pair of boots made my weekend.
At the moment, I don't have a special someone who is always able to make me smile. :(
I love your blog! Check out my latest post... You are tagged!
I do hope your nose isnt feeling so bruised anymore and you're feeling better? Are you acting in a Shakespearean play?
France made my weekend!
@ LiLu: Gah, I thought I was alone on that -- it took me almost 3 hours to finally get rid of it! Argh!
@ bananas.: LOL at your conversations, that's so cute too! And thanks for still doing the tag :)
@ Girl With The Golden Touch: Oh wow, I'm sure Jason Statham is much better ... it's a shame when they're a looker, but don't have the personality to match it! And you're welcome :D
@ Little Miss Tiara: Ahh, but the books are so good! Long, but well worth the read :) And mmm, cooking. What did you make? :D
@ Kym: I wish I could share some macaroons with you! And yays for random conversations, I read the one about the butt and it made me laugh hysterically :D
@ Andhari: Yeah, I had no clue what happened! Definitely going to keep it like this for a while until I figure out what's happening :)
@ sarah: Yipee!~ As for your question ... I'm gonna answer that in a blog really really soon, promise :)
@ My Wooden Heart: Thanks so much :)
@ Jessica: LOL but the third one is so short! The fourth one is massiiiive haha. And I'm glad you agree with the ladies we think are hot hahaa. Thanks for letting me know about the comments, btw! *HUGS*
@ Archana: Yay! I was wondering if anyone else was, now I know one other in the blog-world :D haha. Makes sense because you're so creative :)
@ nicole addison: Aw, you still have time to get married ... I've only been to one wedding, so I'm kinda jealous you get to attend that kind of stuff, though! :)
@ Aubrey: Aw, I can tell giving makes you happy, you're so generous and that's amazing that your family makes you so happy. Thanks for doing the tag! :)
@ Cheryl: So not cliche, don't worry! And by 'swagger', I just mean the way he holds himself ... the way he walks, acts, you can just tell Jason Statham is a macho man haha.
@ Kellie: Two amazing choices :)
@ josie(bean): Thanks so much! And I was SO impressed by that movie, no word of a lie. Loved it!
@ Erika: Hey, boots are always good ... and I wish you someone who will always makes you smile :)
@ Addict: Thanks! The tag you tagged me with is what I did in this entry, but I appreciate it :)
@ becks: Whoa, I'm trying to recall when I mentioned being in a Shakespeare class ... unless you are a mind-reader haha. We are performing 10 minutes, so it's not the whole play :) And ahh, France! Viva la France!
Post a Comment