Pages

nothing sexier than having a bit of tissue shoved up your nostril ... right?

This past Monday, I started working at a high school's summer school (try saying that five times fast!) for the third year in a row. I'm considered an office/student tutor -- filing files, verifying marks, writing out late slips, and assisting teachers with various things.

It's an amazing job that's pretty much solidified my dream of becoming a high school teacher. But of course, every job comes with its pros & cons. I love my co-workers, two other girls around my age who love to talk and joke around while we work, and my superiors who treat us with respect. I love Mr. Gorgeous [err, not real name!], an English teacher with an accent that we can't quite place but he's so pleasant.

Not so cool? Having to wake up at 6am every morning. I'm used to going to sleep at 1:30am and then waking up at 9:30am. A lovely eight hours of rest. Now, I go to bed at 11:30pm (SO EARLY!) and wake up at 6am. Combine that with rather chilly mornings and having to walk around doing tasks in portables & you've got ...



Me -- horribly ill. I woke up this morning with a stuffed nose and plugged ears. Not fun. I've sneezed about 128 times today, and the whole office looked at me like I was crazy as I ran to the washroom with a tissue smothering my nose (they thought I had a nosebleed). On the bright side -- since I'm not the type who lies when someone asks how I am -- I told Mr. Gorgeous that I was feeling a little under the weather, to which he replied, "Oh, well that's not good at all! I do hope that you feel better." Ah, swoon. I am not gonna tell The Boy about my little teacher-crush haha. But yeah, it's just not normal having a cold in JULY!

At this job I've dealt with learning how to make coffee for 40 people, dealing with students whose last names are Sithole (teehee) and verifying whether they're in the correct class, and running around as teachers ask, "Oh, I thought YOU were getting the attendance for me." Dude, no.

I've missed blogging and catching up on blogs so much, it's not cool haha. At least I have Friday nights to Sunday off, but I am sorry that I haven't caught up lately. Being sick doesn't suit me. And now I have to go to Shakespeare class in an hour. The fun never ends!

It's hard staying positive with 6am wake-up times ... any advice for the sick girl who has to consistently wake up early? :)

btemplates

10 comments:

Unknown said...

baaahhh i get up at 6:30 on workdays and its not fun so i know how you feel but at least its summer so its bright out... imagine doing that in the winter time, its SUPER hard! haha! since you're sick, i'd suggest going to sleep earlier (yes, earlier) than 11:30.... no better cure for a little sickness than REST! :) feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Go to bed EARLIER. lol. And drink lots of vitamin water. Promise. And eat grapefruit. You'll be unsick in a moments time ;)

Archana said...

Eeks, that's an early wake up call! I find waking up to something beautiful very helpful. When I had to wake up early for my internship, I'd set my alarm on my cell-phone & in order to turn it off I had to flip it open... and then I was always greeted with a wonderfully, adorable picture of my puppy. :)

Btw, yay for Mr.Gorgeous. Always makes work more fun when there's one (or two, or three, lol) of them around. :P

ONiC said...

aww i hate wake up early. get well soon, princess :]
and thanks for being so sweet.

littletiara said...

hahaha... the title made me giggle, hope you feel better soon, though. Get enough rest and eat a lot of fruits and healthy (delicious) food :) don't forget drink (water) a lot,

Now, I sounded like your grandma, right?

josie(bean) said...

aww get better soon!

and since im not so much of a coffee person anymore (i esp. dont like to drink coffee when ill), i like herbal teas to calm yet refresh and wake me up in the morning (also very soothing for me when i'm sick). if youre not a tea person, keep a really refreshing scented candle or light perfume by your desk, as fragrant aromas have been proven to keep you awake, and less hungry! :D

hope any of these tips or any other blogger comments will help!

jiggins said...

it's awesome that you actually HAVE the dedication to get to here you want to be.. whether that be in your desk AT 6 am.. or on the path to doing what you want.. which is certainly the case. It's a good job that you can make it happen or yourself! Stop by Splitting Tens sometime and say hi!

P.S..

your embedded comment form is difficult to get a comment on.. could you make it pop out? Or is it just me? Anyway ! See you around the 'sphere!

Toothfairy said...

blugh! I hate waking up early as well, but when it's the weekends, when I don't have to wake up early, I'm always up EARLY! so annoying!



*loves*

becks said...

HAHAHAHAH! Sithole is such a hilarious last name. ok.. i shouldn't laugh! I hope you will get your dream job in the end. you must be incredibly patient:) I couldn't teach to save my life. 6am is just unearthly.. I guess that means early nights for you! Get enough rest so you won't fall sick again:)

Nikolett said...

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes, I'd do individual replies but I can barely type without any typos so it's just baaad LOL. I'm getting more on the healthy side until I step onto way-too-air-conditioned buses, but thanks so much! *HUUUUGS*