Pages

oops!...i did it again

I disappeared again, but I'm back! These past few days have been packed once again, but now I get a day of relaxation -- and designing Sims 2 houses (nerd alert)! Since there's so much to cover, I'm going to go into full-out organization mode and recap!

My Simple Smile Of The Week: Yesterday, The Boy climbed a mountain to get to me. Literally. My city has a mountain, better known as the Niagara Escarpment, which is 198 meters high. Well, he lives on the lower part of that mountain while I live at the top ... and he biked an hour, plus climbing the ferocious stairs leading up the mountain with his bike on his back, just so he could see me for a few hours. I was worried sick since I had no clue he was riding his bike to my house, but seeing him roll up my driveway without a shirt on (yum) made it all up to me!

Speaking of which, I feel like calling The Boy something different on here; his first name starts with a 'P', but it'd feel weird just saying 'P' haha. Maybe upgrade him to The Man, since he's not really a boy? Let me know what you all think! :)

Wednesday Wishes: I'm still daydreaming about Europe, but right now I'm quite liking where I am. I've been soaking up the sun on the beaches and also went to the Filipinos Making Waves Festival in Toronto this past weekend. Monday wasn't too fun, I'll admit -- eye doctor's appointment in the morning [still have the same vision from 3 years ago, and I'm going to get a new pair of glasses, yay!], then went to renew my health card, then went to the dentist [no cavities, whoo-hoo; but my wisdom teeth are peeking through, oh-no].

But for once, I'm excited to live in the now. My birthday is coming up in less than 2 weeks (on the 31st, to be precise) and so I'm planning some fun things for it ... so for once, I don't mind being in Canada!

Filipinos Making Waves Festival: So Saturday was spent trekking it to Toronto for a festival that wasn't quite like we were expecting, but was still a lot of fun! Tons of booths everywhere, tons of clothes and various shirts that said things like 'BROWN POWER' which were amazing ... unfortunately I haven't uploaded any of my pics yet and it takes forever, so all of these pictures were stolen from my friend (shh!).



It's become tradition to take a picture of the CN Tower as we drive by it, haha.



But yes, there were tons of people at the festival, and I wasn't the only white person there nor was I the tallest! We had fun looking around and picking up some things ... my friends are amazing and got me some early birthday presents since they knew I would love it!



First was this lovely dress, that I could see myself accessorizing with a brown belt and looking fab-u-lous. The lady who helped me tie up the back (who is in the picture) said, "You look like a babydoll" as my friend snapped a picture. So cute! After, we went shopping around the streets of Toronto and we went to the cutest store that had nautical-styled clothing! There, I was given another early birthday present, though no pictures of it yet.

And, I finally found an anchor necklace! I've been searching for one for ages now, and found it on the Forever 21 website but, naturally, could never find it in the actual store. Yay for anchors! (Yes, I have weird obsessions.)

The three of us ended up eating at The Three Brewers (where I went with my sister just a few weeks ago) and I tried the Bruno Burger, which was delicious. Then back to the festival we went for the concerts!



There were a bunch of newer bands and groups not well-heard of, but that didn't stop this one girl in front of us dancing her heart out while the rest of the crowd stood still. Bless her :)

Everyone was waiting for Gabe, LeeJay, and Passion -- three beautiful men who play acoustic guitar, can beat-box, and play piano so well! As soon as they came out, the whole crowd RUSHED forward and a bunch of girlfriends hoisted themselves on their boyfriends' shoulders, making it impossible to see. It was worth it to stay, though! They even sang the POKEMON THEME SONG, which you can bet me and my friends were belting out the words to. My favourite song was probably Summertime which is such a head-bobber. So talented! Makes me wish my boyfriend could play guitar, haha.

We didn't get home 'til about midnight and I was so exhausted, but it was fun! These last few busy days have made me crave a:

Recipe Of The Week: Yummy Yummy Yummy Shakes -- so yummy, they had to say it three times! I tried the Iced Café Latté shake earlier this week and it was delicious. The purée option on my blender has become my new friend!

I hope you've all been having a great week so far -- I'm coming up with some giveaway ideas since I'm closing in on fifty entries soon (and almost 50 followers, wow, thank you SO much!!), so stay tuned for that! Have an amazing Wednesday!

btemplates

17 comments:

bananas. said...

how about p-boy? hehe. i'm totally kidding. well it certainly looks like you had an amazing weekend. i love the story of your man riding up a mountain to see you. sounds like a disney movie.

Andhari said...

I can tell why people call you half filipina ( lol sorry ) a lot of mixed filipinas I saw kinda looklike you :) They're all so pretty.

I wish someone would bike to my house topless, hopefully hot and tanned with muscly body :P

Iva Messy said...

LOL!!! thats funny she just danced and danced :) happy gal :) huh?

sounds like a lot of fun you had! :) YAY!

Unknown said...

What a stud to ride ALL that way to see you! That's love girly ♥ Look at your FAB.U.LOUS week :) Ya for the new necklace and tunes.

Carlito86 said...

OMG I LOVE anchors too!! I have loads of anchor related stuff ahhh we're so alike :))

I'm following you now on Twitter by the way lady, I'm Carlito86

xxx

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

pretty white dress! glad you were able to find that necklace! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

mayra suggested p-boy, that reminds me of po-boy. yumm. haha!

ummm, here in vancouver "browns" refer to east indians... so i dont think it would go well if i wore that shirt. hahaha! ;P

Life Abroad said...

That looks like such a fun festival! Toronto definitely has some good street festivals in the summer, I went to BuskerFest two years ago and loooved it.

Ps. My birthday is August 31st too!!!
Yay for blogger birthday buddies haha!

. said...

haha, I totally know the headband clip you're talking about. It's hilarious!

Archana said...

How sweet is The Man? :) Heh you painted the cutest picture in my mind with your little incident of him showing up at your door shirtless. And I think The Man's a neat upgrade. The Beau's kinda hot too. You should stick with what works for you. :)

Jessica said...

What can I say, the boy would do just about everything for you. Isn't that sweet? You're one lucky girl. He himself is lucky 'cos of you too. :)

Filipino Making Waves huh? You really are an Asian by heart. The one your with in the photo, she looks like a Filipina. The one with shades? And my, you look cute in that dress. I agree for sure that you look like a babydoll.

Advanced happy birthday, dear Nikolett! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay, it looks like you had a ton of fun!! Thank god you finally found that anchor necklace, lol!

erika sorocco said...

Do NOT upgrade him to The Man. I always refer to males as boys - no matter how old they get. In fact, I describe every little thought about guys as - cute boy and such - boy is so much better than man. Kind of the same way that I would rather be a Princess than a Queen, simply because I prefer the word! :)

You look adorable in these pictures. I honestly don't know why you waited so long to show yourself - you're gorgeous! :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Boy toy? Man candy? Ah ha ha. Latte shake? Sign me up!

rachaelgking said...

Love the "Simple Smile". That is freaking adorable. ;-)

josie(bean) said...

ooo looks like a fantastic past few days you had there :D your babydoll dress looks super cute on you, and POKEMON THEME SONG ahaha i love that you sang along!

have another great weekend nikolett!! :)

becks said...

I love shakes. I wish I had a proper power blender. I think one of my favourites is to combine banana, peanut butter and vanilla icecream!