those summerific days
Warning: Lots of pics here, especially with tongues sticking out! :P
Have you ever had those days where you finally get home, completely exhausted, but with the biggest smile on your face because you think, "Wow, now that was a great day"? I was just blessed with two in a row, and now that I'm relaxing, thought I'd share those precious moments!

It started off Wednesday morning; it was one of those rare times when my parents were out of the house early, meaning I had the entire house to myself. So, what did I do? I took advantage of an empty kitchen with this recipe and made French toast with two strips of bacon and coffee! What a filling breakfast, followed by exercise. A beautiful, albeit seldom, way for me to start off the day!

A few hours later, I was headed off to the lake with two of my best buds for some great times in the sand. We ended up staying in the water for two hours, chatting and playing random games like, "Okay, you can't say any words with the letter 'O' in them!" which led me to respond with, "Oh" and getting splashed immediately. We are mature twenty-somethings, for sure!

Bathing suit from Victoria's Secret.
I love leaping pictures, haha. After I got home, a few shades darker and with my eyes all red from too-much-sun-exposure, I got to see The Boy! We headed to the mall for an incredibly rare shopping spree moment, since we're both not really the type. It was really fun, though!

♥
It just so happens that I'm not in fashion at all, since I was looking for black short shorts and all I could find were SKIRTS. EVERYWHERE! Fall fashion had just come into the stores just as our real summer arrived ... so instead I walked away with two mini-skirts (one which The Boy paid for as an early birthday present, yippee)!
Then we headed off to this quaint ice-cream-shop on the first floor of an apartment building. We asked for a kiddie size that was $2.50, and they were GINORMOUS!

I got Maple Walnut while he chose Burgundy Cherry and we sat on the grass for half an hour, acting like little kids as we enjoyed our ice cream. All in all, an amazing Wednesday.
Then Thursday came, with even more water-fun! Me and the same gals from Wednesday headed off to our local waterpark (correction: our ONLY waterpark!). We decided to go to a free-parking zone which saved us $7 and instead walked 2km to the place. It was SO hot out, but such a nice walk!

Bathing suit from La Vie En Rose.
I put in my best Lauren Conrad-inspired braid and had a blast going on the waterslides and then leaping like a frog in the wavepool. I love acting like a kid, not gonna lie!
Then we walked another 2km back to the car and headed to the restaurant on the beach, eating a yummy meal. But not before my friend snapped a picture of me snapping a picture of my friend in front of me, haha.

I came home exhausted, with my eyes resembling that of a thirsty vampire's, but still had an amazing time. After some well-deserved sleep, I woke up and found this in the mail!

Liz and Lisa from Chick Lit Is Not Dead had a giveaway recently and I was one of the winners who received Emily Giffin's book! I'm already on page 112, it's a great read so far! Love me some page-turners. Thanks Liz and Lisa! And big thanks to the sweet, thoughtful, and adorable Nicole who gave me this award!

She gave this away to some of the same girls that I would, but there's so many of you that I'm thankful for, that I remember from my earlier blog days and that I still love to read day after day! I want to give this out to: Kym, Jessica, Josie, Archana, Andhari, and Girl With The Golden Touch. I'm grateful for your insight, your briliance, your kindness, and your awesomeness!
And make sure to send some birthday love over to Olivia Rae who just turned 20! Happy Birthday! :)
Whew, that's a lot of pictures! And the weekend promises even more: tomorrow, I'm headed to Toronto for a Filipinos Making Waves Festival (of which I might be the only white girl!) and then Sunday I'm off to the beach with The Boy.
Hope you all have an amazing weekend!~ :)

It started off Wednesday morning; it was one of those rare times when my parents were out of the house early, meaning I had the entire house to myself. So, what did I do? I took advantage of an empty kitchen with this recipe and made French toast with two strips of bacon and coffee! What a filling breakfast, followed by exercise. A beautiful, albeit seldom, way for me to start off the day!

A few hours later, I was headed off to the lake with two of my best buds for some great times in the sand. We ended up staying in the water for two hours, chatting and playing random games like, "Okay, you can't say any words with the letter 'O' in them!" which led me to respond with, "Oh" and getting splashed immediately. We are mature twenty-somethings, for sure!

Bathing suit from Victoria's Secret.
I love leaping pictures, haha. After I got home, a few shades darker and with my eyes all red from too-much-sun-exposure, I got to see The Boy! We headed to the mall for an incredibly rare shopping spree moment, since we're both not really the type. It was really fun, though!

♥
It just so happens that I'm not in fashion at all, since I was looking for black short shorts and all I could find were SKIRTS. EVERYWHERE! Fall fashion had just come into the stores just as our real summer arrived ... so instead I walked away with two mini-skirts (one which The Boy paid for as an early birthday present, yippee)!
Then we headed off to this quaint ice-cream-shop on the first floor of an apartment building. We asked for a kiddie size that was $2.50, and they were GINORMOUS!

I got Maple Walnut while he chose Burgundy Cherry and we sat on the grass for half an hour, acting like little kids as we enjoyed our ice cream. All in all, an amazing Wednesday.
Then Thursday came, with even more water-fun! Me and the same gals from Wednesday headed off to our local waterpark (correction: our ONLY waterpark!). We decided to go to a free-parking zone which saved us $7 and instead walked 2km to the place. It was SO hot out, but such a nice walk!

Bathing suit from La Vie En Rose.
I put in my best Lauren Conrad-inspired braid and had a blast going on the waterslides and then leaping like a frog in the wavepool. I love acting like a kid, not gonna lie!
Then we walked another 2km back to the car and headed to the restaurant on the beach, eating a yummy meal. But not before my friend snapped a picture of me snapping a picture of my friend in front of me, haha.

I came home exhausted, with my eyes resembling that of a thirsty vampire's, but still had an amazing time. After some well-deserved sleep, I woke up and found this in the mail!

Liz and Lisa from Chick Lit Is Not Dead had a giveaway recently and I was one of the winners who received Emily Giffin's book! I'm already on page 112, it's a great read so far! Love me some page-turners. Thanks Liz and Lisa! And big thanks to the sweet, thoughtful, and adorable Nicole who gave me this award!

She gave this away to some of the same girls that I would, but there's so many of you that I'm thankful for, that I remember from my earlier blog days and that I still love to read day after day! I want to give this out to: Kym, Jessica, Josie, Archana, Andhari, and Girl With The Golden Touch. I'm grateful for your insight, your briliance, your kindness, and your awesomeness!
And make sure to send some birthday love over to Olivia Rae who just turned 20! Happy Birthday! :)
Whew, that's a lot of pictures! And the weekend promises even more: tomorrow, I'm headed to Toronto for a Filipinos Making Waves Festival (of which I might be the only white girl!) and then Sunday I'm off to the beach with The Boy.
Hope you all have an amazing weekend!~ :)


A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
21 comments:
WOW (: you look like you've had sooo much fun! that ice cream looks heavenly btw and you guys are too cute for words (; I hope you continue having great days like these! (; have a great weekend, love! xx
You , the boy and ice creams look sooo cute, lovely couple!:)
Thanks ofr the awards, glad yu had great times.
You and The Boy are too cute - especially in the ice cream shots. The two of you look so happy. I love it! :)
Have fun at the Filipinos Making Waves Festival! :)
Awww...you guys make a cute couple! You are so in love Nikolett, I can tell for sure! :)
Don't you just love chilling out by the beach with your best pals? I love the beach, I can live there, really. And you're not alone when it comes to the leaping pictures. I've always tried for that one perfect jumpshot, but sadly NO LUCK until now. Kym's jumpshots are perfect! I wonder how that girl does it?!
Thanks on the award, you are really sweet! I appreciate it! :)
Aw, you are so sweet THANK YOU for the award! :D
Do you know how much I want an ice cream right now!
xxx
Oh! (Will I get splashed for saying that! lol) I meant to add - that is so cool about the signed book! I have in fact just this morning finished reading Something Blue by Emily!
xx
looks like you had loads of fun! love those days, and esp. the moments you realize what great day it was!
*loves*
yes, those days ARE the best! *mmmm* french toast... theres nothing for breakfast here so i'm just gonna imagine that french toast. *drooools* i love jumping pictures too! i try to take one at every event! haha!
have fun at the filipino festival!!! ;P love that you're the tallest one out of the bunch. hehehe!
and NIKOLETT!!! THANK YOU for the award!!! :) you are theee best!
Those kinds of days are the absolute best... and the ones you remember forever, huh? I'm so glad you got two in a row- what a rarity! Or, at least, in my mind... :) Love the photos. Those ice cream cones are huge! How is a child supposed to finish one of those?!
I hope the rest of your weekend is just as fabulous! Enjoy. :)
Sounds like you had one lovely week. Congrats on the win and the award!
Your welcome! Thanks for stopping by the site! xoxo Liz & Lisa
Aww you're cuteness defined! :) Heh, thanks so much for the adorable award! I feel the loveeee! *BIG SQUEEZE*
As for your post, I love the picture of you jumping up in the air! And the bathing suit is cutee, VS is god's gift to women. ;)
Btw - I had french toast yesterday. Sooo delish!
What great images!! I'm totally loving how summery they are.
Wow it looks like you really soaked up the summer weather! I just finished reading Emily Giffin's book, I looooved it. So good.
awww looks like you had an amazing weekend! let's see, i love:
- your bathing suits
- the ice cream cone pics (so yummy looking!)
- your lauren-conrad braid (when my mane-top was longer i LOVED doing that with my hair, too. haha)
- the fact that you are a polish gal attending a "Filipinos Making Waves Festival" ahaha represent!
- and just how all-around cuteness you, your friends, and you+the Boy are :D
and thank you for the award!! you are definitely one of the top blogs i look forward to reading every post to, FO REELS :)
sounds like an amazing few days! my weekend was pretty good but now i have to relax from it instead of comin out feeling rested!
You and "The Boy" are the most adorable couple ever.
Just AMAZING!!!! : ) I'm also having wonderful time on Sicily this summer, and it's all about swimming (and swimming suits), sandy beaches, relaxing time and ice-cream of course! : ) PS. Thanks for your adorable comment on my blog!
so much fun in a short amount of time.that book looks amazing:)have a dreamy day
those pictures really show how much fun you had! you and the boy are adorable! way to go on making the most of your summer and enjoying every minute of it.
hulloooo.. fellow augustos baby;) Email me your home address? beck_teria@yahoo.com.sg
PS: Hot stuff in that bikini! Woot!
@ Adele: Ah, thanks so much! My weekend was pretty amazing too, whoo-hoo! Comments like these make me realize I should update more often, though haha :)
@ Andhari: You're most welcome :) And thank youuu!
@ Erika: Aw, you're so sweet :) Definitely am happy, and the festival was a lot of fun!
@ Jessica: Ah Jess, I love your comments and how you can tell things, you're amazing. Love the beach, SO much! And leaping pictures -- so agree with Kym being so good at them (love that she commented about them below, too haha).
@ Girl With The Golden Touch: *SPLASH* Haha! You're very welcome, and I hope you got some icecream! And oddly enough, this is the first book I've read by Emily Giffin, I want to read her earlier ones now!
@ Toothfairynotes: So true, love looking back at memories made!
@ Kym: Your leaping pictures inspired me, fo sho! And I hope you got some French toast, it is yummy in the tummy haha. You are THEEE best too! And I wasn't the tallest one, sadly haha.
@ New England Girl: That's what I was wondering! A kid would take a day to eat that and have the biggest sugar high. And I'm definitely thankful for this past week and the loaded days :) Hope you had a great weekend, too!
@ Kristin: Thank youuuu x 2!
@ Liz Fenton: Yay! *HUGS*
@ Archana: Whoo-hoo for French toast! *BIG SQUEEZE BACK* And totally agree about the VS comment, haha.
@ Lily G: Thank you :)
@ Life Abroad: Ah, so agree! I found myself tearing up at the end, which rarely happens when reading books. So great.
@ josie(bean): Your whole comment made me blush, I love reading your blog too ... ahhh, the love. Haha.
@ Addict: *blush* Ah, thanks so much! And I wish you tons of relaxation!
@ Jo: Not a problem and gah, can I live vicariously through you? I would LOVE to visit Sicily someday!
@ Ruxandra: Ah, thanks so much! And I just finished the book, I'd definitely recommend it! Have an awesome day as well :)
@ Dawn: Thanks so much -- I've barely had a summer, so these few weeks now are a Godsend, for sure!
@ becks: Sent you an e-mail! Yay! And haha, thank youuu :)
Post a Comment