Pages

simple smiles #9

I'm leaving my toothbrush ... at the end of this month, haha. I can see all the looks of disappointment, but trust me, it's a good thing :) He said it's a big step, but it's a step he wants to take soon, once we get over camping and the fact that I'm not sleeping over when it's i) hot as heck and ii) he has no A/C, hehe. So, toothbrush leaving soon, ladies! :)

Once again, it was ridiculously hard coming up with a simple smile for this week. Mostly because a) I have a 10-page paper due tomorrow and I'm on page 3 (meep); and b) I have a Shakespeare exam this Thursday (gah!). I did end up going to the beach with the Boy this past Saturday which was amazing, but what really made me smile was this fantastic comment from Kym:

ps random comment but all this time i thought you were asian. i found out a while ago that you're actually not but i still like to think you are. hope thats okay. hahah! ;P

The funniest thing about this comment is that most of my friends are Filipino, I listen to Japanese music, I love watching Korean soap operas (especially Lovers in Paris) and Asian food is amazing. My friends identify me as 'brown' so much that for my last birthday:


My eyes were half-closed, hence the bar, haha.

My friend made me an "I AM SHOPAO" t-shirt, which is a dumpling that's white on the outside, brown on the inside and which inspires this week's recipe of the week. Such a hilarious inside joke :) Plus, we did karaoke on my birthday.

So basically I'm a Polish girl who loves all things from different Asian cultures and is learning how to speak Hungarian. I'm a conundrum, and I hope you don't judge me for it, haha. Kym, you made my day with that comment!

Now, I have to ask: What's a random comment that you've received that's made you smile recently?

And I took this from Ramblings of a Fab Brunette since I love random tags! It's 13 questions, so here goes:

1. One of your scars: how did you get it? Chicken noodle soup when I was seven years old. I was a genius and decided to 'waft the steam away' with my hand, and accidentally tipped the bowl over onto myself. I still have a third-degree-burn scar on my right thigh, but thankfully the rest of my body is a-okay!

2. What is on the walls in your room? A collage of pictures from Poland; a painting of my name from NYC that my sister got for me; and a board covered with pictures of me and my friends.

3. Do you snore, grind your teeth or talk in your sleep? The Boy's informed me that way I'm exhausted out of my mind, I snore very lightly. That also happens when I'm sick. Oy vey!

4. What type of music do you listen to? Any and all except for country music (sorry, country-music-lovers!). My biggest love affair was with The All-American Rejects, and I've loved many other artists since then. My mp3 list is pretty versatile.

5. Do you get scared in the dark? When my eyes adjust to the lack of light, then no. But I've been known to try to fall asleep while listening to my mp3 player and then flashing my mp3 player onto my room to make sure there's nothing creeping.

6. Coffee or energy drink? COFFEE, COFFEE, COFFEE. MMMM!

7. Favorite quote?: I have so many, especially numerous Bible verses, but one that stands out for me lately is: "Time stands still best in moments that look suspiciously like ordinary life."

8. Favorite Place? In The Boy's arms, laying out in my backyard, anywhere with friends, Poland.

9. Do you like your handwriting? Yeah, it's pretty nice ... I love putting loops in every letter haha.

10. Mashed potatoes or macaroni and cheese? I'm a hardcore mashed potatoes fan. Love it.

11. Republican or Democrat? Eh, every political system has its flaws. I'm more of the 'live life to the fullest and try to love everyone' kind of mindset.

12. Kisses or hugs? Both, but kisses are amazing.

13. What book are you reading? I have to read three plays in the next few days: Richard III, The Winter's Tale, and Measure for Measure. After that, I can finally read books again! Yipee!~

Hope you've all had an a-okay start to your weeks! :)

btemplates

12 comments:

bananas. said...

AH HA!!! kym left me a comment like that too. except she thought i was a splash of asian. i think that had to be one of my most randomest but i adore random things and i adore kym. congrats on the toothbrush. big step!

nicole mountz said...

hahah what a random comment but it's so funny! ive done that tho..not with you but with other blogs.. ive had a picture in my head of what someone looked like and then when i saw an actual photo of them i was like..hmm...that's not what i expected. and yay for toothbrush leaving!! so excited for u! :)

Jessica said...

Aha, you can pass off as an Asian. Well, maybe not as far as your western looks are concerned, but with the things you love! Besides, you have the friendliness of an Asian. So, cheers "fellow-asian!" :)

Awww..you obviously LOVE, LOVE coffee! As for me, I don't drink coffee, not even frapuccino or anything like that from Starbucks. I'm contented with fruit juices. Hehe. Am I missing out on a lot?

sarah said...

hey niknak! nice list...

i never thought you were asian! not for one minute. hmmm. maybe i was missing out on all your asian vibes? nobody here ever thinks i am asian :p but i mean... that would be pretty ridiculous!!

where is your favourite place in poland? i would love to go. can you post some pictures?

Anonymous said...

That is the funniest thing I've ever heard anyone say to you. Also, I thought you were younger when you got that scar... I swear you were like 3 or 4?

Toothbrush ?? Sounds great!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Cheers for mash pots and lying in the boy's arms!

Archana said...

That comment is absolutely hilarious! Hehe, white on the outside & brown on the inside. I'm kinda a conundrum of the opposite kind. All my friends are always talking about how American I can be at times, even though on the outside I'm a complete brownie. Though I'm always flip-flopping between my Indian-ess and my so called "white-ness". Lol. Aah, the life on an expat. :P

Btw, get on top of that paper! Good luckkk! :)

Andhari said...

I never really thought about it, but you can pass as eurasian all the time, maybe mixed with japanese, chinese or even thai! LOL. Congrats on toothbrush leaving, its a huge step.:)

Adele said...

haha! I'm ASIAN and proud of it! (: and how cute are you?!?! best of luck with that paper and exam and that was a fun tag you just did! much love. xx

erika sorocco said...

My biggest love affair music-wise was with the Backstreet Boys when I was nine-years-old. I was convinced that Nick Carter and I would someday be married. After I woke-up from that bizarre dream, I fell for The All-American Rejects. To this day, I still adore them.

Love this post - we have so much in common. Namely, our passion for coffee! :)

josie(bean) said...

OMG hahaha, absolutely love and adore that shirt. my parents love eating shopao, while im not so much of a fan - but i do think the saying fits you well hehe. and i think it's fantastic that you embrace so many different cultures, good for you!

have a good rest of your week girlie :D

Nikolett said...

@ bananas.: Haha, glad I'm not alone on having some Asian in us! And thanks :)

@ nicole addison: Oh wows, I've done that so often too. And I started this blog without any pictures of myself and wondered what people thought I looked like ... Kym told me haha!

@ Jessica: Aw, yay! Fellow-asian unite haha :D And I'd say, you're not missing out on a TON, because coffee is great but you can get hooked on it. I adore strawberry kiwi juice and milk, so I'm not just all about coffee, trust me :)

@ sarah: Haha, I'm glad you knew the truth! And I know you're traveling right now, but I did a post on Poland with pics from when I went, just for you :)

@ Margarita: LOL I know, eh? And I remember it was the year when we moved to the townhouse, right before I turned 7 (during the month of August). I could be wrong, but that's what I remember!

@ Kristin: Hear, hear! :)

@ Archana: Aww, haha, I think you can be a perfect mixture of both if you'd like! And thanks, I finished the paper, now just have the exam to go :)

@ Adele: Thanks, thanks, and thanks again :) You made me blush. And I love you, and not just because you're Asian haha.

@ Erika: WOOT! Glad someone understands my love for AAR haha. And I'm so happy we have so much in common :)

@ josie(bean): I've never actually had shopao, but I love being called it haha. Thanks and I hope you have a great week too *HUGS*