a great escape weekend
I have three hours to waste until my next class, so I thought this was the opportune moment to recap about my relaxing and 'great escape' weekend. I finally got those moments to breathe, drink a little, eat a lot, and have fun with people I love. Definitely one of those weekends I'd love to relive again.
Friday night was spent BBQ-ing it up in 13 degrees Celsius weather (i.e, VERY COLD). We first stopped off at the LCBO to get some drinkies for the night, which meant me getting carded ("Oh, I thought you were younger," said the cashier). Wrapped up in blankets and jackets, with some Dr. McGillycuddy's to keep us warm, we grilled up some burgers and had some yummy times with a bunch of schoolpals. Of course, when you get a bunch of schoolmates together you're bound to talk about school (hate how that happens) but we distracted ourselves with some Foosball tournmanents at the Caribbean place next door. Then, we headed off to a place with $1 pool and found that it was karaoke night -- which meant 50-year olds singing country songs and lyrics about Bismarck. It was such a random and spontaneous night.

The Boy said he couldn't see the pool balls on the other end of the table, confirming my thought that he was drunk ... and which meant that we lost, since he didn't get anything in haha. And to top it off, instead of putting on his own sweater at the end of the night, he put on my cardigan wrap. He looked pretty spiffy, I gotta say!
After we fell asleep at 2:30am, we got woken up by The Boy's dad tapping on the window at 8am. Ahh, tiredness. Fortunately, they let me get some coffee (yay!) before we road tripped it to Toronto. We chilled, got pizza, and waited for my sister to arrive so we could have some fun exploring/bonding times together.
Y'see, my sister's off to the other side of the country in less than two days. I'm so psyched for her, but Vancouver's a long ways' away from me. So we've tried to get together as much as she can given how busy she is. So Saturday was spent trekking it around the great capital of Ontario, shooting some 'artsy' photos in the subway and she took me to this delicious pub called the Yellow Griffin, which specializes in 35 different kinds of burgers (I got the Cubana Libre, which has beef, ham, swiss cheese, pickles, mustard and was YUMMY). I had two burgers in two days -- healthy(?). And I got carded again when I orded a sex on the beach. Probably due to the lack of eyeliner.

I'm definitely gonna miss her. Though she's four years older which meant we were rarely in the same place/school/etc, she's always been someone I can talk to ... now I'm gonna have to rely on Skype! And I'm really hoping to visit during my 'spring break' (which is in February, so not much spring there).
Then Sunday was spent studying and playing The Sims 2, which I think is a fine way to end off the weekend! Though school's going to take over yet again this week, looking back on this weekend makes me happy. And hungry. So there's my simple smile of the week!
What did YOU do this weekend?
Hope it was great & I hope your Monday's been good!


A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
20 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I'm sorry to hear about your sister leaving, but I am sure it will provide more opportunities for you to become closer through conversation and email/skype exchanges. Have a wonderful week! :)
BBQing in cold weather?! oh lady you are crazy! i would've been bundled up next to the fireplace with a beanie and the boy. but that burger does look mighty tastey! my weekend involved running and that's pretty much it.
have a fabulous day darling!
hey sweet lady! that weekend looks like so much fun, my favorite weekends are just random ones spent with friends and famiy. our group of friends loves playing pool, we all suck but it's still so much fun! and dont feel bad..im 23 and people look at me like im crazy when i order a drink in restaurants! have a great week beautiful!!
i see a pool table!!! :D i love playing pool, even though i suck at it haha
sounds like you had a fab weekend ^^
Looks like a lot of fun! I spent my weekend playing shows in Seattle and because were touring, were not eating much so that BURGER LOOKS DELICIOUS!
awww, thanks lovey! I'm so excited to see it! =)
I definitely had a ton of fun! What a great pic in the subway, turns out awesome!! Can't wait to see you again!
Oh my Nikolett that burger looks delish! I've been craving for some really huge, oily burgers, but it's not yet the weekend, so I gotta wait. I tell myself that patience is a virtue.
Anyway, regarding your sister. Sometimes, we can't help it, we really need to part with our loved ones. Good thing there's the Internet now. But of course, it doesn't take the place of seeing/talking in person. Just, take advantage of all the alternative resources and everything will be fine.
Yey, Sims 2! I'm an addict too! Have you tried Sims 3? I haven't yet. Somehow I can't let go of my house in Sims 2. I want to see what yours look like. Given how creative you are, I'm sure your house is super nice! :)
i left you an award on my blog, love!
You forgot being the awesomest awesomest friend ever to this indo girl by making her a killer header lol I so adore you for this!
Anyhoo your weekend sounds fun with the drinkies, pool and bbq. Hope you get to visit your sister a bit longer in february :)
Sounds like a lovely weekend. I heart bbqs! I actually saw your blog through Andhari's; she mentioned you did her header. It's really nice; good job;)
Hey you. :)
Interested in making another free header for someone you barely know? :P
i love that photo of you on the bench, its like a piece of art!!
ah i hate having to say goodbye to people. its always harder being the one left behind... but at least shes still in the same country!
i think i speak for all of us when i request a picture of the boy in the cardi :p
I absolutely love the picture of the four of you at the pool table - so cute. Sounds like you had such an amazing weekend - I need to start hanging out with you! :)
Looks like a great weekend! Those burgers look amazing, too. And peach schnapps? Love it :)
Aww you sound just like me with the whole sister thing. I have a sister who's about 3 and half years older than me, and we're like two peas in a pod. She's all the way back in the US right now and I miss her SO much! Though thank god for skype, cause otherwise I'd be running some huge bills, hehe. Enjoy every minute with her!
PS - For your sake, I hope that burger tasted better than it looks. :P Heh, and cute pics as always! Oh and I guess this should be a PPS, but whatever, lol, I miss the Sims 2. I haven't played in forever.
I want to take a bite of the burger!
I actually think it's looking pretty good!!!
*loves*
I know you'll miss her, but it will make your reunion trips all the more special! Oh and my PMS is talking and saying she WANTS that cheeseburger!
Looks like you had a very fun weekend! That burger looks fabulous!
Hullo! Sorry i have been MIA! I would love love love to look that young! And that burger looks sumo. I would be happy eating it. Thanks for your thank you post way way way below.
ps: I changed my blog add. the old link is now defunct!
Post a Comment