I need to take lamaze classes ...
... I'm forgetting how to breathe properly. Time seems to go by so fast now. It's already hump day, the middle of the week, and I've had little time for reflection on a simple smile or to wish about something on Wednesday. Instead, all I can think about is, "How did it get to Wednesday already?" I'm a big fan of leisure time, and got so much of it during the summer, and it's been really hard to get adjusted to the pace of being at school and riding buses every single day.
Hmm, I suppose my simple smile of the week comes from a fun day on Sunday, catching up with a friend through shopping at H&M (got a couple of really cute fall clothing items!) and then having a pumpkin-fest at Starbucks (wow, you know you're tired when you write Starburst instead), getting a pumpkin spice frappuccino and a cream-cheese pumpkin muffin (seriously delicious).
And my Wednesday wish is for more times like Tuesday night, where me and The Boy managed to temporarily avoid the slaughter of school that has raged upon us [err, yeah] and managed to spend some time, just him and I being close with each other. Those moments of just holding each other remind me to breathe, before the pace of the world catches up with me again.
Basically, I'm really sorry for the lack of updates, both blog-wise and graphics-wise, though I am working hard on some designs! Once I get everything organized and listen to some "Slow Me Down" by Emmy Rossum and "Wake Me Up When September Ends" by Green Day, I'm sure I'll be back on track!
And before I head off, the lovely Kimberly from My Wooden Heart gave away an award to each of her readers, and I couldn't resist doing it! So thank you Kimberly!
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might not know.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
So 7 things you might not know about me:
1) I'm in my final year of university, doing a combined Honours major in English and Multimedia.
2) I have a ridiculously bad nail-biting problem. The only way I can resist is by painting my nails. It's more of a nervous habit, wish I knew how to get rid of it (and yup, I've tried those yucky tasting clear liquid-polish you can put on your nails, didn't work).
3) Weddings? I've only attended one in my life. Don't know what it's like to be a flower girl/bridesmaid or anything, and most of what I know about weddings I know from movies.
4) My greatest desire is to travel/learn languages. So far I know two fluently (English & Polish), am learning a third (Hungarian) and want to pick up a fourth (Japanese).
5) My biggest fear is probably heights. Second to that is elevators.
6) I still read Seventeen magazine, even though I'm twenty-one.
7) I have met The All-American Rejects about six times, and got free concert tickets from the lead singer when he asked if I was going to the show that night and I told him it was sold out. Such a lucky day!
I tag anyone who'd like to do this, in case there's something about you you've wanted to share with your readers, but didn't know how quite to fit it into a blog post :)
Hope your week's been a bit more of a breather than mine!



A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
16 comments:
I'm very very jealous about no.7, being given free tickets by the singer himself! I love AAR! I used to pick off the top of my nails when I got nervous, that was after the phase of biting them!
The closest i've got to that is a band sending me a copy of their album because my uncle told me I liked rock music - hand written letter from the singer, spelt my name wrong though. Oh dear.
Oh I know how it feels. Sometimes we're too busy to even notice the days go by. It's okay nikolette, your hard work at school will pay off in the end.
Anyway, congrats on the award. You certainly deserve it! With regard to your fetish for foreign languages, wow I admire you for learning unusual languages. Most people I know would easily prefer the common ones, like French, Spanish, etc. But you? Hungarian?! This reminds me of our tour guide in Europe. He talks to us in English, then he would say something to the driver in Italian. Then someone calls him on his cellphone, he picks up and starts speaking in Hungarian (he's a native of Budapest). So basically he knows more than five languages: English, Hungarian, French, Italian, German, and Spanish. My mom, sister, and I were like: "whoa, this guy's amazing!"
Sometimes when I read your blog Nikolett, its almost as if I wrote it because we have way too many things in common! Haha, like this "My biggest fear is probably heights. Second to that is elevators. " Ooh when I was a little kid, I was SO scared of elevators that if I wanted to go visit my friend on the 9th floor, I'd take the stairs from the 2nd (where I lived) instead of the elevator, lol. That was ages ago though, now that fear is long gone, heh. But it does resurface on occasion when I enter elevators that shake a little or make too much noise. As for the fear of heights, erk, that's my numero uno for sure.
I miss school.. Work is not all that fun
You pretty girl. Only pretty girl got concert tickets from the lead singer of a famous band himself hahhaa I'm sure he's so hitting on you that time ;)
Anyhoo, the pumpkinfest in starbucks sound so great. We don't have pumpkin fest in local starbucks so far, different culture different seasonal drinks maybe. We get those candy cane coffee on christmas though, and during ramadhan and eid they have date fruit-flavored frappucino. Definitely as yucky as it sounds :p
Aside from the fact that you have a Boy, and I am sad and alone - just kidding! - I think we are one and the same.
I too have a horrible nail-biting problem which I have only been able to curb by polishing my nails each week; and I still devour Seventeen magazine!
Hope things slow down for you - I love the hustle and bustle, but sometimes you just need time to - cliched, I know - stop and smell the roses! :)
eekkssss i'm so jealous about no.7!!
that's so cool!
and i'm pretty scared of heights myself >_<
congrats on the award ^^
I didn't know about these pumpkin muffins! I need to get one.
As for your #3, I've only been to one wedding, also. All my friends are starting to get married, though, so I'm sure that will change quickly!
i have the same nail biting habit and i only stop when my nails are painted...which i guess is good for us. it means nice manicured hands are a must!
i'm right there with you and your lamaze classes. life has been so crazy for me lately and i've forgottent ot ake time for all the important stuff. well take this weekend to relax and spoil yourself, have a great weekend love :)
I bite my lip. NOTHING will stop me... believe me, I've tried!
hellllllllllloooooooooo!!!!!
omg
1. you met AAR???????? lucky bum!! he is so cuuute!
2. haha i used to write for seventeen back in SA.
3. your package will be on its way SOON. I AM SO SO SOrry!!! i have been atrocious!!!!!!! good grief. now that i have moved, i will be back on track. also, i will email you my new address
xxxx
I long to travel too! Oh and I took lamaze and still don't know how to breathe. Ah ha
@ hayleeey: Ah, yay a fellow AAR fan! That's so cute about your uncle, at least he tried :)
@ Jessica: Thanks for understanding! And OMG I want to be that tour guide haha. I mostly want to learn Hungarian because the boyfriend is Hungarian and if we go to Europe next summer I definitely want to learn the language! :)
@ Archana: I so wish we could hang out in real life, girl :) I've kinda gotten over my fear of elevators as well, my first memory of life, though, is getting stuck in the elevator in my old apartment building!
@ Cheryl: Aw ... we could switch for a week, I wouldn't mind :)
@ Andhari: You know how to flatter a lady ;) Date-flavoured drinks sounds gross! And I confess, I still drink cooler coffee, it's not cold enough out yet!
@ Erika: Aw, you are so sweet and I hope you have plenty to keep you happy and full of company! Definitely got to stop and smell the roses this weekend, which was nice :)
@ Manju: Thank youuuu x 3! :D
@ Children of the 90s: Definitely try 'em out, so good (though expensive). And yay, at least one of us will be attending more weddings!
@ bananas.: Glad I'm not alone on that ... my nails are sadly not long enough for a nice manicure, but I hope I get to do that one day haha.
@ nicole addison: You are too sweet, hun. Classes are insane, so not used to the workload! Definitely had a great weekend, thank youuuu :D
@ LiLu: Ouch! The inside of the lip or the outside? I have a habit of picking at my lip, but my teeth are too feisty so I'd just make myself bleed all the time haha.
@ sarah: YAY YOU ARE BACK! I've missed you so much, so glad you're okay and I can't wait to catch up on your blog and finally send off your package :)
@ Kristin: LOL your comment made me laugh, I'll stay away from the lamaze then haha. Maybe do some yoga instead?
heeey haha omg i loveee AAR im so jealous of you! haha by the way, Im a Mexican girl and Ive been to Canada two times 5 weeks each (one summer french immersion and one summer at nipissing u to get some courses for my degree done), and I just LOVE your country, u canadians are such nice fun people!
I love coffee as well as you do, Im 21 and I speak spanish english and french so I think we have many things in common =) I loved your blog u totally deserved that award! I will be reading you!
just wanted to say hi and invite u to check out my blog
melikesualot.blogspot
all the best from México!!
Post a Comment